Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

FHFC wrote: »
    Think you have it spot on on this occasion Mr P. That's another reason I think I'll give even Baines a miss. The attacking returns will dry up eventually while I just don't see them getting as many clean sheets asSouthampton, Swansea, Arsenal or even many more than the likes of WBA.

I'm probably going to take a hit to bring Baines in. Taking the 4 point hit allows me to keep the template forward line with Welbeck instead of Pelle. I'm not really disrupting my team. The only problem I have with this plan is that there will be no money left over if I want to bring in Ramsey for say Sterling. No cash either for a Fabregas to Hazard or Sanchez................

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    I'm probably going to take a hit to bring Baines in. Taking the 4 point hit allows me to keep the template forward line with Welbeck instead of Pelle. I'm not really disrupting my team. The only problem I have with this plan is that there will be no money left over if I want to bring in Ramsey for say Sterling. No cash either for a Fabregas to Hazard or Sanchez................

I just hope Di Maria is out injured for a few weeks... Makes my decision to bring in Baines and eriksen for Wilson and Di Maria/sterling/Fabregas easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have £9.2m for two defenders can you think of a better combo than Alderweireld and Wisdom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yeah, I think I'll be staying away from Arsenal players for the foreseeable ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The only problem I have with this plan is that there will be no money left over if I want to bring in Ramsey for say Sterling. No cash either for a Fabregas to Hazard or Sanchez................

This was one of the main problems I had even when I was all set to get him in. I tinkered round with the options and while there were ways to do it the resulting team was left very very inflexible to adapt to changes in midfield. I was stuck with 2 cheaper mids and no way to get Walcott or Hazard etc going forward. I don't like painting myself into a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd go for Spurs myself or look at West Ham next week.

I've got a Bardsley problem too and those are my 2 main directions. Or Wisdom too but I might be one of the few yet to get him.

Are West Ham not playing more attacking now so no clean sheets?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are West Ham not playing more attacking now so no clean sheets?

They are but Allardyce was talking about clean sheets being important a few weeks back I think. Nice run of fixtures too so might be worth a punt.

They are but Allardyce was talking about clean sheets being important a few weeks back I think. Nice run of fixtures too so might be worth a punt.

I haven't paid much attention to them. Have they any sort of settled back four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3 transfers, 4 pt hit, 0 left in the bank, but I now have Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lemlin wrote: »
    I haven't paid much attention to them. Have they any sort of settled back four?
    WHU fan here.

Back 4 is far from settled.

Reid (CB) and Cresswell (LB) are certain starters when fit. Cresswell is .4 more expensive, but offers more attacking potential (I expect him to be Baines-level in a few years!) and is taking free kicks about the box.

After that, Tompkins seemed the second CB, but was dropped for some reason last week, methinks Allerdici figures Collins is better against more direct teams (ie. Burnley) so put him in last week.

RB is a lottery. Nothing between O'Brien/Demel/Jenkinson - they could be rotated each week at this stage - stay well away from them.

Adrian is also as nailed on as you can get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jimmii wrote: »
    Have £9.2m for two defenders can you think of a better combo than Alderweireld and Wisdom?

Sounds pretty good with immediate fixtures in mind. You could of course then transfer Alderweireld out for a Spurs defender a bit down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Genuinely considering not making any changes again..

The only possibles are Alderwiereld for kaboul or jags/eriksen for sterling/alder. Up in the air re sterling. Either way no matter what I choose to do I won't be satisfied

For anyone still considering Baines, here is just a little more info

2 Europa league games this season for Everton

Wolfsburg on 18th Sep
    Then played Palace on 21st – Lost 3:2
    Baines got 10 points – 1 goal and 3 bonus

Krasnodar on 2nd Oct
    Then played United on 5th – Lost 2:1
    Baines 2 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

For anyone still considering Baines, here is just a little more info

2 Europa league games this season for Everton

Wolfsburg on 18th Sep
    Then played Palace on 21st – Lost 3:2
    Baines got 10 points – 1 goal and 3 bonus

Krasnodar on 2nd Oct
    Then played United on 5th – Lost 2:1
    Baines 2 points

Should be pointed out that the United game he did have an assist. But a missed pen killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

who would you have? Di Maria or Hazard.
    I have no united or chelsea player in my wildcard team :eek:.
    Currently have di maria in there bought for 9.7 tempted to switch him out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    WHU fan here.

Back 4 is far from settled.

Reid (CB) and Cresswell (LB) are certain starters when fit. Cresswell is .4 more expensive, but offers more attacking potential (I expect him to be Baines-level in a few years!) and is taking free kicks about the box.

After that, Tompkins seemed the second CB, but was dropped for some reason last week, methinks Allerdici figures Collins is better against more direct teams (ie. Burnley) so put him in last week.

RB is a lottery. Nothing between O'Brien/Demel/Jenkinson - they could be rotated each week at this stage - stay well away from them.

Adrian is also as nailed on as you can get
    cresswell looks really really good very attacking with great delivery
    I was all set to sign him gw4 with my wildcard as I assumed he was 5 Max
    5.4 is too much though

SantryRed wrote: »
    Should be pointed out that the United game he did have an assist. But a missed pen killed him.

That puts a different complexion on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ah .1 short for my planned tadic and baines moves......coleman an option insted but tempted take a hit for baines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ah .1 short for my planned tadic and baines moves......coleman an option insted but tempted take a hit for baines.

I'd take a punt on Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Re: Costa. I know he's marked as doubtful but how many of yiz are gonna chance him? I fully intend to start him, in the hopes that Mourinho is up to his usual tricks.

Who's selling him? Who's keeping him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Re: Costa. I know he's marked as doubtful but how many of yiz are gonna chance him? I fully intend to start him, in the hopes that Mourinho is up to his usual tricks.

keeping and maycaptain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭skippy15

There is a dedicated thread just for this subject. Keeping him myswlf

Reckon coleman is on a 4week ff trial for me now

I'm back now to

Clyne - > Baines
    Sterling - > Tadic

Next week I sell Fabianski for a 4.5 or 4.6 keeper and keep 0.7 or 0.8 itb

Undoubtedly I'll decide in an hour that I don't want Tadic, nor do I want to sell Sterling, and I'll be back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm back now to

Clyne - > Baines
    Sterling - > Tadic

Undoubtedly I'll decide in an hour that I don't want Tadic, nor do I want to sell Sterling, and I'll be back to square one.

Sterling is hanging in on a week by week basis for me, much as it pains me to say as a Pool fan but we a dire up front at the moment but Sterling is bar far our standout player and seems to be getting involved in most of Liverpool's attacking chances. I've got Pellé up front though so i guess I'm not tempted by Tadic personally but I'm still considering shifting Sterling for a cheaper option (Possibly Chadli) to free up funds and strengthen in defence. Reluctant enough though as his stats are solid. Will put something together later when i'm home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

who would you have? Di Maria or Hazard.
    I have no united or chelsea player in my wildcard team :eek:.
    Currently have di maria in there bought for 9.7 tempted to switch him out though!

Given ADM's injury concern, I'd say Hazard.

Am I the only one seriously considering getting rid of Siggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Pretty sure I'm keeping him this weekend and immediately selling

Am I the only one seriously considering getting rid of Siggy?
    Leicester (H) this weekend. Thinking of moving him on after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

I'll be holding onto Siggy this week at home to Leicester anyway.

Need to ship out Azpi, probably for Jagielka or Kaboul, budget is 6.1.

Will hold onto both ADM and Costa unless there's really bad news on either between now and Saturday morning. I have 2 FTs.

If neither play I could be looking at playing 4 or 5 in defence. My other backs are Chambers, Clyne, Naylor and Moore.

• Advertisement

Leicester (H) this weekend. Thinking of moving him on after that.

I have two transfers. I'm pretty happy with my defence having decided not to get Baines. I'm not changing my front line of Pelle, Aguero, Costa.

will probably have to use one of them to start changing my midfield. Its probably either Siggy to Eriksen or ADM to Hazard. I could do both if I wanted.

Both are slightly scary transfers to make! Although ADM has by far the harder fixture.

EDIT....right, just occurred to me I could make an audacious double move and get Hazard and Sanchez for this week in place of ADM and Fabregas. Should I go for it!!?

Possible team...
    326152.png

I'm back now to

Clyne - > Baines
    Sterling - > Tadic

So basically all I'm doing is swapping Clyne for Baines and Sterling for Tadic, leaving me with no money.

Which is better....
    Clyne + Sterling + 1.0m itb or
    Baines + Tadic + 0.3m itb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

EDIT....right, just occurred to me I could make an audacious double move and get Hazard and Sanchez for this week in place of ADM and Fabregas. Should I go for it!!?

Possible team...
    326152.png

Sanchez has looked really good for us, but I'd be wary to lose Cesc before ManU and QPR. He could rack up the assists against those defences. Hazard(c) against QPR is a great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Any Silva owners here?

Getting rid or sticking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Chadli or barkley? Any other ~6m mids worth considering?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Chadli or barkley? Any other ~6m mids worth considering?

Downing. Diame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any Silva owners here?

Getting rid or sticking?

I Shipped him already as I knee-jerked for Tadic. having said that, in this fixture last year, he scored a goal and had an assist, so maybe he likes playing against west ham :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I really think there's a lot of overreacting to the 8-0 result. I really don't think there's a need for more than 1 attacking Southampton player. Also don't think there's a need to ship out Sunderland defenders. They've been pretty decent this year at the back! I'll be keeping Mannone anyways and wouldn't be surprised if they drew 0-0 with Arsenal this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I was deadset on using my new found Costa cash on Baines, but have been intrigued by using it to upgrade Siggy to Hazard instead. It would take an extra transfer so I wouldn't be able to do it this week, but Hazard(c) against QPR would look oh so nice. Might be foolish since Siggy has great fixtures from GW13 but it could also free me from the stranglehold his value has over me currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

So are we getting rid of Costa?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    So are we getting rid of Costa?

There's a poll....

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I really think there's a lot of overreacting to the 8-0 result. I really don't think there's a need for more than 1 attacking Southampton player. Also don't think there's a need to ship out Sunderland defenders. They've been pretty decent this year at the back! I'll be keeping Mannone anyways and wouldn't be surprised if they drew 0-0 with Arsenal this weekend.

They have very tough fixtures coming up. I'm getting rid of PvA because of that, not because of one result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Genuinely considering not making any changes again..

The only possibles are Alderwiereld for kaboul or jags/eriksen for sterling/alder. Up in the air re sterling. Either way no matter what I choose to do I won't be satisfied

Anyone have any thoughts on this at all?? If I ditch sterling now, I am unlikely to bring him back at the price he is now.. Is forester and alder too much saints defence cover?? I definitely think Theres been a big over reaction to the 8-0 result..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone have any thoughts on this at all?? If I ditch sterling now, I am unlikely to bring him back at the price he is now.. Is forester and alder too much saints defence cover?? I definitely think Theres been a big over reaction to the 8-0 result..

Alder to Kaboul might be good. Spreads your bets a bit. And S'hampton fixtures turn horrible in a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Costa to Pelle done :)

Alcaraz played CB for Everton last week and it's between him and Distin for that spot for the next 8 weeks. There's stories online about a rift between Martinez and Distin, so Alcarez could be a nice cheap way to pick up an Everton defender.

If he starts Alcarez this week again I'm going to snap him up.
    Everton played in Europe tonight....

Distin and Jagielka at CB, Alcaraz on the bench with Coleman, Lukaku and McCarthy. I'm staying away from Alcaraz this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im thinking of Pelle in for Costa... so close to doing it

Fairly certain I'll get Hazard in. But for who? Fab, Sterling or ADM??

Was also thinking of getting either Sanchez or Eriksen but will probably carry over my second ft again in case there is a need for a Costa reshuffle next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Haven't a clue what to do :(

Im thinking of Pelle in for Costa... so close to doing it
    Hummed and hawed on this one too, but it would only be for a one week thing, and would have lost at least .1 IMO. I have a sub I'm happy to play instead of Costa this week anyway, Stoke haven't been bad either, so not sure Pelle will score more than bout 6 pts this week. If you're going to do it, do it tonight tho, looks like both players going in opposite directions tonight.

I got in Kaboul and took out Rafael - .3 cheaper and a much nicer run of fixtures (Newcastle/Villa/Hull/Stoke in the next month rather than Chelsea/City/Palace/Arsenal). Considered a WHU, Everton and Arsenal defender also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hummed and hawed on this one too, but it would only be for a one week thing, and would have lost at least .1 IMO. I have a sub I'm happy to play instead of Costa this week anyway, Stoke haven't been bad either, so not sure Pelle will score more than bout 6 pts this week. If you're going to do it, do it tonight tho, looks like both players going in opposite directions tonight.

I got in Kaboul and took out Rafael - .3 cheaper and a much nicer run of fixtures (Newcastle/Villa/Hull/Stoke in the next month rather than Chelsea/City/Palace/Arsenal). Considered a WHU, Everton and Arsenal defender also.

Sound advice. My thinking is strongly based on the fact I don't have Pelle and my bench is not hot enough to cover Costa's absence especially when Pelle may go on the rampage again. I can sell Costa now for 10.8. Hopefully buy him back for 11 or even 10.9 would be a bonus ;) Good chance Pelle might rise .2 so all it will cost me is the 2 transfers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement