Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

titan18 wrote: »
    Brought in Eriksen for Zaha, and Berahino for Ulloa, and now regretting it.

Trying to pick 7 from

Eriksen, Di Maria, Sterling, Tadic, Sig, Costa, Pelle and Berahino.

Who the hell do I leave out of that?

Tough call alright... Bench Costa :pac:... Or... I don't know, it's an almost impossible choice this week, you may as well just toss a coin...
    From top of my money league by 50+ points to leading by a single point this week it's fair to say I had literally the worst week ever last week so I shook things up with my wildcard after mulling it over all week and still not knowing anything about Costa.

Opinions?

Guzan

---Konchesky-Wisdom-Clyne

Tadic-Siggy-Sanchez-Fab-DiMaria

Pelle-Aguero(c)

Bench:
    Elliot (gk)
    Sakho
    Taylor
    Duff

If you want/need, do you have a plan for Costa back?

A Spurs def ahead of their nice run may be good.
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thinking of taking a -8pt hit. What do ye think? Good or bad? Worth the hit? Next week I plan to put Forster in so I'll have Southampton cover.

Sterling, Ulloa, Wilson and Bertrand - OUT

Pelle, Baines, Wisdom, Albrighton - IN

The only transfer I see necessary is Ulloa -> Pellè. I'd try accomodate it with the minimum hits if not possible as a direct swap.

---

As for me, I'm debating whether a Spurs def is worth a 4 pts hit this week. Current defense is : Terry, Shawcross, Wisdom (Duff, Dummet). I'm thinking Terry out...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Thinking of taking a -8pt hit. What do ye think? Good or bad? Worth the hit? Next week I plan to put Forster in so I'll have Southampton cover.

Sterling, Ulloa, Wilson and Bertrand - OUT

Pelle, Baines, Wisdom, Albrighton - IN

Done. It's finally done. I really, really hope this doesn't backfire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Still can't decide di Maria or hazard. No cover from both teams either and di Maria selling price 9.9. Help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Still can't decide di Maria or hazard. No cover from both teams either and di Maria selling price 9.9. Help!!!!

No cover but you can sell ADM?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Neoulous wrote: »
    No cover but you can sell ADM?

I'm on my wildcard. I currently have di Maria in as I had him all along but don't know whether to change to hazard.
    What I meant was which ever way I go I won't have cover for the other team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

i changed to hazard from di maria last night, reckon if chelsea get a pen he will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'm in a huge dilemma this week. I have two free transfers, yet to play my wildcard. This is my team as it stands.

Mannone (Guzan)

Cahill O'Shea Kelly (Dier) (Ferdinand)

Di Maria Fabregas Sigurdsson Sterling (Davis)

Costa (C) Pelle (V) Jelavic

OPTION 1
    Use my two free transfers. Have to ditch Jelavic as he's injured and want to get rid of either Ferdinand (rubbish) or O'Shea (don't want to double up with Mannone). If I get rid of Jelavic and Ferdinand I'd probably bring in Berahino and Clyne.

OPTION 2
    Play my wildcard, which would enable me to bring in Aguero. I've made a decent enough start to the season but I feel without him I would lose serious ground. Only thing is it weakens the rest of the team as I'd likely have to ditch Di Maria and Cahill.

OPTION 3
    Take a four point hit to bring in Aguero, Chadli and Bertrand for Jelavic, Di Maria and Cahill. I haven't had to take any points hits so far this season and I'm reluctant to go down that route unless I'm forced to through injury.

I'm thinking I'll play my wildcard although I'd love to keep it for the latter stages of the season for DGWs. Any advice or thoughts much appreciated!

Went with option 3, and took a four point hit but was .1m short for Bertrand thanks to my dithering! Team is now:

Mannone (Guzan)

Chambers Dier Kelly (O'Shea) (Ferdinand)

Chadli Fabregas Sigurdsson Sterling (Davis)

Costa Pelle (V) Aguero (C)

Not thrilled with the defence and not too happy at taking out Di Maria. But if it all goes tits up I still have the wildcard. Hopefully I can get to the new year and use it then so I'll have one for the end of the season. Thanks for the advice lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    Guardian had Mario. FFS don't have a Liverpool lineup up for some reason. Can't seetit being Mario though. I'd expect Lambert to get a chance, but Sterling could end up up there a bit. Hull have a lot of injuries too.

Nah I'd expect Mario to be up front with Sterling and Lallana off him, Can instead of Henderson. Coutinho and Markovic to come off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I had hoped to bank my transfer after wildcarding the previous week but after azpi's red i decided to brin Baines in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Nah I'd expect Mario to be up front with Sterling and Lallana off him, Can instead of Henderson. Coutinho and Markovic to come off the bench.

Was right with the starters anyway! Hendo dropped so he can captain the side on Tuesday night I reckon

• Advertisement
Advertisement