Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lloris and Chadli fits perfectly if you trust Spurs. A 4.5m GK and Tadic otherwise
    PARlance wrote: »
    4.5 keeper and Tadic would be my preference.
    You could avoid the -4 and leave Mig and just do Silva -> Chadli. Chadli's still a strong player to have imo.

Thanks lads. So looking at it another way, would you pull the trigger on these moves if you had the choice:

1) Silva -> Chadli and van Aanholt -> Baines for no points hit.

2) Mignolet -> £4.5m goalkeeper, van Aanholt -> Baines and Silva -> Tadic for a -4 hit.

3) Mignolet -> Lloris, van Aanholt -> Baines, Silva -> Chadli for a -4 hit.

Spurs do have some tasty fixtures and Chadli would appear to have more or less locked down a spot, so it could be a decent move getting him and Lloris in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Might have to sacrifice Sterling for the greater good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure how you've come to that conclusion, they have kept 1 clean sheet so far this season, chambers is a liability if nothing else, yellow card machine.

They've played Chelsea, City, Everton and Spurs so far. Fixtures are improving so I expect some clean sheets from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Pelle gone up a further 4% in the last half hour alone. Now stands at about 42% of the way to a rise. He's going up tonight I reckon.

Welbeck to Pelle? Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

G1032 wrote: »
    Anyone willing to offer an opinion on this?
    At the very least should I be doing Welbeck -> Pelle tonight? Pelle has gone up 17% since the start of play today

Your current attackers are the same as mine (bar Boyd/Wanyama)

Plus I currently have Baines and Southampton defensive coverage & I am doing well.

Like you, I am also looking to get Pelle in & Welbeck out!

I think Sterling out too is the only way to cover The price change too

Pelle gone up a further 4% in the last half hour alone. Now stands at about 42% of the way to a rise. He's going up tonight I reckon.

I have Pelle but I probably wouldn't do the swap if I had Welbeck. Look at Southampton's fixtures from GW 13-22. Very, very tough for the most part.

I think I'll be moving Pelle on for Welbeck at that stage. Hopefully I'll suck up as many goals and rises from Pelle before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

They've played Chelsea, City, Everton and Spurs so far. Fixtures are improving so I expect some clean sheets from now on.

They've also played crystal palace, Leicester and hull, if they keep 3 clean sheets out of the next 6 games they'll be lucky imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

@Paully, I would probably go for option 2 as I've no real confidence in any defence so 4.5 is the way to go for me.
    (When the likes of Newcastle have the same amount of CS's as City & United, only 1 less than Chelsea & Spurs and 1 more than Arsenal then I don't think it's worth spending more until the better teams start to tighten up)

Tadic will rise so it's always handier to have him and downgrade if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What site you getting that?

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    They've also played crystal palace, Leicester and hull, if they keep 3 clean sheets out of the next 6 games they'll be lucky imo.

Chelsea conceded against Burnley, Swansea and Palace...does that make their defenders less attractive when considering their upcoming fixtures? The poster was looking for a good defender at 5.3 or less and I merely offered my opinion. Who would you suggest instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chelsea conceded against Burnley, Swansea and Palace...does that make their defenders less attractive when considering their upcoming fixtures? The poster was looking for a good defender at 5.3 or less and I merely offered my opinion. Who would you suggest instead?

Wisdom at 4.1 would be a good buy, plays 90 minutes, and west brom only conceded 7 goals when he's played so far this season, (ineligible v Liverpool). Can use the 1.2m to make improvements elsewhere.

Kaboul (5m) at spurs would be a good shout - Spurs play Newcastle, Villa and stoke in their next 3 games, between them they have only scored 18 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Phil Jones @ 5.3 would be worth keeping an eye on. I wouldn't touch him for the next few GW's but he could be a nice bargain when fixtures improve for Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks lads. So looking at it another way, would you pull the trigger on these moves if you had the choice:

1) Silva -> Chadli and van Aanholt -> Baines for no points hit.

2) Mignolet -> £4.5m goalkeeper, van Aanholt -> Baines and Silva -> Tadic for a -4 hit.

3) Mignolet -> Lloris, van Aanholt -> Baines, Silva -> Chadli for a -4 hit.

Spurs do have some tasty fixtures and Chadli would appear to have more or less locked down a spot, so it could be a decent move getting him and Lloris in.

I would do #1 and move Mignolet on later. You have Pelle so at least some Southampton coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

I need a defender for under 4.7m. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

frimpong wrote: »
    I need a defender for under 4.7m. Any suggestions?

What's your current lineup re keepers and defenders?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    I have Pelle but I probably wouldn't do the swap if I had Welbeck. Look at Southampton's fixtures from GW 13-22. Very, very tough for the most part.

I think I'll be moving Pelle on for Welbeck at that stage. Hopefully I'll suck up as many goals and rises from Pelle before then.

Ya. I was going to get Pelle in until Southampton meet City in 4 GWs time.
    Pelle going to rocket in price and he's in great form. He'll be out of reach price wise by next Saturday morning I think. Arsenal just not playing well all season and there's no reason to think that Welbeck will outscore Pelle over the next 3 GWs.
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    What site you getting that?

I'm just keeping an eye on FPLStatistics
    He's at 52 now. Another 10% increase in the last 75 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Might have to put some serious taught into getting baines or coleman aboard , possibly will have to risk my chelsea cover at the back unless I wildcard but with walcott back soon im trying to hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

jebforever wrote: »
    What's your current lineup re keepers and defenders?
    Fabianski Myhill
    Manquillo Terry Clyne Dummett Bruce

frimpong wrote: »
    Fabianski Myhill
    Manquillo Terry Clyne Dummett Bruce

Konchesky of Leicester 4.5 has good fixtures in his next 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

have 2 free transfers, was thinking
    Welbeck to pelle
    Terry to Felipe Luis
    Is azpi definitely banned for 3 games? and is there any cup games in between or is it going to be 3 league games?
    Was also looking maybe at chester to Alcaraz? Is the position his until Stones is back?

Azpilicueta will only miss 2 league games Utd away and qpr home as there is a league cup game. Luis is a waste of a transfer if u ask me.

• Advertisement

Is not getting Pelle in like going down the whole Ramsey route all over again?

Welbeck could score well over the next 4 weeks. I'm going to now assume that Arsenal will improve.

The only thing that I'd be almost 100% certain about is that Pelle will increase significantly in price over the next couple of weeks and there is money to be made on him.

Is that reason enough to sell Welbeck for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

jebforever wrote: »
    Konchesky of Leicester 4.5 has good fixtures in his next 5.

One better.. Schlupp for same price and is playing left wing for them. Scored last week

Chesty08 wrote: »
    One better.. Schlupp for same price and is playing left wing for them. Scored last week

Granted but he was taken off after 55 minutes today so that'd be a worry for me if I had him. Konchesky is nailed on for 90 minutes barring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Would i be crazy to sell Costa for Aguero? Still have Wildcard so could get Costa back in a few weeks again. Selling price for Costa will be 10.8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

maximo31 wrote: »
    Would i be crazy to sell Costa for Aguero? Still have Wildcard so could get Costa back in a few weeks again. Selling price for Costa will be 10.8.

I'd bet any money he will play next week
    and then he has QPR at home.....?

Is not getting Pelle in like going down the whole Ramsey route all over again?

Welbeck could score well over the next 4 weeks. I'm going to now assume that Arsenal will improve.

The only thing that I'd be almost 100% certain about is that Pelle will increase significantly in price over the next couple of weeks and there is money to be made on him.

Is that reason enough to sell Welbeck for him?

Welbeck to Pelle for the next 4 games and then reassessing it before Southampton play City, Pool and United is starting to look like a good option now. If Welbeck has scored well in that period, he can be brought back in when Pelle's fixtures get trickier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

how are the NTI's for Tadic looking ?

Wondering do I need to make an early jump :)

Welbeck to Pelle for the next 4 games and then reassessing it before Southampton play City, Pool and United is starting to look like a good option now. If Welbeck has scored well in that period, he can be brought back in when Pelle's fixtures get trickier.

Welbecks next two games are Sunderland away and Burnley at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. Here's the masterplan.

Sterling running riot tomorrow then getting a little bit injured so that it makes my potential double transfer of Ulloa -> Pellè ; Sterling -> Chadli a no-brainer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Falcao, Costa, Aguero all 3 are musts in any team,

• Advertisement

Thanks for the transfer advice anyone who offered it to me. I've gone for the below for no point hit:

van Aanholt -> Baines
    Silva -> Chadli

Could look like a fool with European games on Thursday for both, but I can't afford to swallow a price increase. I'll be watching both from behind the sofa during the week :pac:

I'm going to think of Baines as an extra midfielder on set pieces with the added bonus of possible clean sheets, while I really like Spurs' upcoming fixtures.

Welbecks next two games are Sunderland away and Burnley at home!

Why did you have to go and say that, I had convinced myself to make the transfer...having second thoughts again now! :pac:

evo2000 wrote: »
    Falcao, Costa, Aguero all 3 are musts in any team,

Based on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Azpilicueta will only miss 2 league games Utd away and qpr home as there is a league cup game. Luis is a waste of a transfer if u ask me.
    I don't think it's a waste of a transfer at all.

1) Azp has one of the highest ownership rates of defenders and a lot of these owners will do a straight swap to Luis to give them Chelsea cover. With an exploding ownership, I have no doubt that Luis will increase in value by at least .2

2) Luis is one of the best full backs in the world and this is his opportunity to prove to Mourinho that he deserves to be starting. I expect him to at the very least match the returns of what Azp would have delivered over the next two games.

3) If Luis performs well, he could usurp Azp as a starter, meaning you've just bought your way into the Chelsea defence for 5.4m. Worst case scenario, you'll be able to get rid of Luis and bank whatever profit he's made you over the past few weeks.

Based on?

his performances?

his performances?

I think he has to do better than 1 goal in 4 games to be considered a must have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

AdMMM wrote: »
    I don't think it's a waste of a transfer at all.

1) Azp has one of the highest ownership rates of defenders and a lot of these owners will do a straight swap to Luis to give them Chelsea cover. With an exploding ownership, I have no doubt that Luis will increase in value by at least .2

2) Luis is one of the best full backs in the world and this is his opportunity to prove to Mourinho that he deserves to be starting. I expect him to at the very least match the returns of what Azp would have delivered over the next two games.

3) If Luis performs well, he could usurp Azp as a starter, meaning you've just bought your way into the Chelsea defence for 5.4m. Worst case scenario, you'll be able to get rid of Luis and bank whatever profit he's made you over the past few weeks.

Chelsea have United and Pool away from home in their next 3 so realistically people won't just do a straight swap to Luis. Jose loves Azpilicueta, who has been performing well as per usual, and won't drop him.

People might sit him on the bench or use it as an opportunity to get in Baines. Luis is a very short-term option unless a lot of things go your way.

I think he has to do better than 1 goal in 4 games to be considered a must have.

his last 3 games 5,5,7 assists count aswell you know ? he hit the post a few times aswell, was unlucky not to score, now that his startin to settle in you d want to be fair foolish not to have falcao in ur team considering his goal scoring record!

Falcao, Costa, Aguero all 3 are musts in any team

Definitely........ the last 2!

Pelle far out performing Falcao.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Thinking of taking my first -4 of the season. Ulloa, Ivan and Silva out for Pelle, Tadic and Chambers. Too much Southampton? Would leave me with

Forster
    Kompany Chambers Hutton
    Fabregas Sterling Tadic Siggy
    Aguero Costa Pelle
    Bench:Myhil Chester Dummet King

Would leave me 2.1 in the bank to upgrade Chester to a Chelsea defender next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I presume there's no trace of injury on Tadic?

Thinking I'm just going to do Nolan -> Tadic now in case he rises as he's just in reach. The joint in my leg may be twitching sporadically but I just need Nolan out of my team and get some closure on that sorry affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Taken my first -4 of the season. Planned on getting in Aguero this week (damn) and have done that. Had exactly the funds to go Sterling, Azpi, Dzeko to Bertrand, Tadic, Aguero. Feels very kneejerky to be doing these before the GW's even over but needs must.

his last 3 games 5,5,7 assists count aswell you know ? he hit the post a few times aswell, was unlucky not to score, now that his startin to settle in you d want to be fair foolish not to have falcao in ur team considering his goal scoring record!

The best forward line right now is Costa, Aguero and Pelle. Falcao has Chelsea, Arsenal and City in his next 5. If he scores well in those games, then he could be on his way to being a must have. Very few of the top ranking players have him and I wouldn't call them "foolish."

I presume there's no trace of injury on Tadic?

Thinking I'm just going to do Nolan -> Tadic now in case he rises as he's just in reach. The joint in my leg may be twitching sporadically but I just need Nolan out of my team and get some closure on that sorry affair.

Doing Tadic right now myself as well - I think everyones going to be getting him in fairly quickly. I'm replacing silva.

Some good returns from siggy and di maria and I will have a front 7 all with * overall dream team stars * beside their names. :cool:

Siggy, tadic, di maria, fab
    costa, pelle, aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rikand wrote: »
    Doing Tadic right now myself as well - I think everyones going to be getting him in fairly quickly. I'm replacing silva.

Some good returns from siggy and di maria and I will have a front 7 all with * overall dream team stars * beside their names. :cool:

Siggy, tadic, di maria, fab
    costa, pelle, aguero

Yeah I've pulled the trigger now on Nolan -> Tadic. Have 0 in the bank now.

I also have that front 7 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Spot of advice appreciated.

Have 2 fts this week and want tadic. I think him and pelle justified for next few weeks and both will be great for team value.

But I went with double Saints defence on my wildcard which is looking like a good plan but one I may have to sacrifice.

Forster, Hamer
    Clyne, Chambers, Moore, Duff, Hutton
    Template 4 + Boyd
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    1.7 in bank.

Is clyne and Sterling to Tadic and Baines a good move.

But. Of my back 5 Clyne is the one I'd rather keep. He's rising well. Good for attacking returns and I'd think he could outscore Forster in this favourable run of fixtures.

So I could do Forster to Foster. Hutton to Baines and Sterling to Tadic for-4.

Thoughts anyone?

Or. Option 3 would be to let the Baines-wagon roll on and do Forster to another viable keeper and Siggy to Tadic. That should leave me flexible to do Sterling to Walcott if I look a bit further ahead....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Going to go Sterling to Tadic which will also free up funds.
    Have to get rid of Azpi also, can afford any defender, any advice? Thinking either Baines or Coleman..

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Same here, the new template.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

have gone dzeko to pelle and also have that front 7:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

THFC wrote: »
    Going to go Sterling to Tadic which will also free up funds.
    Have to get rid of Azpi also, can afford any defender, any advice? Thinking either Baines or Coleman..

Dropping Sterling may be a knee jerk reaction. 7 really nice fixtures in their next 8 matches. Alot of people will soon have 3 Southampton players!!! Think of coverage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement