Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

evo2000 wrote: »
    Do you really think they pay him the ridiculous wages there paying him to have him as a back up striker?? falcao will be the main man an with the likes of di maria playin up to him he will score a alot,

One more time, just because he's been a great striker at other teams, doesn't mean he will be at united, look at Torres for example at Chelsea.

How much is Rooney on, or RVP?

I had a quick search to see you team, and was only a few days ago you were talking about brining in Welbeck, despite you now claiming Aguero, Costa and Falcao are must haves, so kinda curious as to whom you had in mind to get rid of for welbeck......

Also whether or not Falcao scores tomorrow is irrelevant to your point that he is a must have. Falcao for example is not on Peno's - unlike Aguero, he hasn't completed 90 mins of football in the league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Ace2007 wrote: »
    One more time, just because he's been a great striker at other teams, doesn't mean he will be at united, look at Torres for example at Chelsea.

How much is Rooney on, or RVP?

I had a quick search to see you team, and was only a few days ago you were talking about brining in Welbeck, despite you now claiming Aguero, Costa and Falcao are must haves, so kinda curious as to whom you had in mind to get rid of for welbeck......

Also whether or not Falcao scores tomorrow is irrelevant to your point that he is a must have. Falcao for example is not on Peno's - unlike Aguero, he hasn't completed 90 mins of football in the league.

Well see anyway Costa Aguero Falcao will be top 3 goal scores at the end of the season, :) whats your current team like? whats your ranking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Well shi!te on this anyway
    Baines and Hendersons rises last night have really thrown a spanner in the works.

I've only 0.2 left now to play with if I'm to do the triple transfer I want to do.
    Pelle will eat up that 0.2 in no time.

Right now I'm thinking PVA and Sterling out for Baines and Henderson. That'll be my 2 FTs.

I might just end up with no Southampton attacking cover. This is Ramsey all over again after me swearing I'd never let that happen again. He went a long way towards running last season for me. Do I risk Pelle doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

evo2000 wrote: »
    Do you really think they pay him the ridiculous wages there paying him to have him as a back up striker?? falcao will be the main man an with the likes of di maria playin up to him he will score a alot,

I never said he was a back up striker so I don't know why you asked that question.

Yes he will score a lot of goals but he's not essential as United will share the goals between him, rvp, Rooney, Mata and di Maria. You sound like a bias United fan. Anyway it's not an argument for this thread so Im done here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Watching the Southampton/Sunderland game here, I reckon Pantmillion will be in goal next week - Manone was at fault for 4 of today's goals.

Not that anyone is probably considering bringing in a Sunderland keeper today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mannone, Forster

Hutton, Van Aanholt, Bertrand, Dawson, Duff

Di Maria, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Boyd

Pelle, Costa, Aguero

0.9m in the bank & 1 FT

Anyone see a transfer I should be making?

Mannone, Chadli & Van Aanholt are the 3 players I've most concern about. Costa's injury is also a concern but despite it being mid November before he's back to "great condition" I dont see alot of players selling him. Although I could afford to sell him and buy him back at the higher price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Watching the Southampton/Sunderland game here, I reckon Pantmillion will be in goal next week - Manone was at fault for 4 of today's goals.

Not that anyone is probably considering bringing in a Sunderland keeper today

I'd be astonished if he's not. Poyet has probably been waiting for an excuse to give him some game time. If he doesn't start next week, he never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd be astonished if he's not. Poyet has probably been waiting for an excuse to give him some game time. If he doesn't start next week, he never will.

Siggy & Welbeck to Tadic & Sakho

or

Sterling & Welbeck to a (Chad/Hend or Tadic) & Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Paully D wrote: »

Totally agree. He was horrendous today for majority of the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Right now I'm looking at:

Ulloa --> Pelle
    Ivanovic --> Baines
    Sterling --> Chadli

For a -4.

The first two are great moves, I think, but I need the extra cash money to afford it and of my midfielders, I reckon Sterling is definitely the disposable one: Siggy, Fab, and ADM are my other three starters. Maybe Siggy could go but I'd be left with 4.6m to replace him and almost no one in that price range inspires any real confidence.

Alternatively, I might bring in Jagielka instead of Baines. I'm .1m short, so I may transfer Duff to a 4.0m defender like Dummett instead. Another alternative would be Ulloa ---> Sakho, Sterling --> Tadic, and Ivan --> Baines. I just wonder if Tadic's performance was a once-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Invincible wrote: »
    Dummett out for legend O'Shea.

I only read the first post in this thread so far, does it get better??:D

Dummett the legend is sitting on my bench ready to come in with his 8 points.

Tadic is impossible to ignore now at under 8m, he's top of my wishlist, I will stick with Wellbeck over Pelle for the meantime, I made my bed in that regard with a robust debate with Lemlin last week:o

Did somebody mention that Tadic is Saints first choice penalty man?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tadic is impossible to ignore now at under 8m, he's top of my wishlist, I will stick with Wellbeck over Pelle for the meantime, I made my bed in that regard with a robust debate with Lemlin last week:o

I did and he is.

So looks like the whole forum is going for Tadic. I want Baines and that puts Tadic out of my range but I don't think I'd go for him anyway. Southamptons fixtures get very tough very soon and Tadic in would only be a short term money making exercise.
    Seriously considering going without any Southampton attacking cover. Sounds like pure madness considering everyone in here seems to have one or two Southampton attackers.
    Am I going to leave my FF success in the hands of Welbeck?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

G1032 wrote: »
    So looks like the whole forum is going for Tadic. I want Baines and that puts Tadic out of my range but I don't think I'd go for him anyway. Southamptons fixtures get very tough very soon and Tadic in would only be a short term money making exercise.
    Seriously considering going without any Southampton attacking cover. Sounds like pure madness considering everyone in here seems to have one or two Southampton attackers.

Stoke, Hull, Leicester and Villa are their next 4 games.
    Granted it gets spicier for the 3 after that but they can score against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rdwrer

Does anyone know if Alderweireld will continue to start for Southampton or will Yoshida come back in if he's fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

They have 4 very handy games coming up right now, I'd consider that a decent short term punt, I still haven't seen MOTD, I have it Sky+'d so I'll do it in a while, nothing certain but as I won't be bringing Pelle in it looks like Tadic will be my man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I brought in Tadic as a short term punt(hope to make 0.2) while I wait on Walcott to get match fit.

Stoke, Hull, Leicester and Villa are their next 4 games.
    Granted it gets spicier for the 3 after that but they can score against anyone.

Ya. I meant after those 4 fixtures. I don't think I'd hold on to either Pelle or Tadic after those 4 games which is why I'm still debating whether to ship Welbeck for Pelle or not

2 FT's and willing to take a 4 point hit

What would you good folk of FSA do with this team? 1.0m itb.

Screenshot_2014_10_19_11_47_19.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Im thinking van Aanholt to Andy Robertson, forgot all about him when using my wildcard :o:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

We'll assess it after three or four games. Wellbeck could easily score over the next few games and Pelle may not be able to hit a barn door with a banjo.

Pelle is certainly the more natural finisher which is why I went with him.
    Ya. I meant after those 4 fixtures. I don't think I'd hold on to either Pelle or Tadic after those 4 games which is why I'm still debating whether to ship Welbeck for Pelle or not

I always go with form over fixtures. Plenty of mid priced strikers have shown that they can score against the top teams in the past e.g. Ba at Newcastle, Bent at Charlton (when he was good), Yakubu at Blackburn.

I certainly won't be transferring Pelle out on current form just because he plays a few of the better teams.

It's not like any of the top four have looked good at the back - If Frazier Campbell can score against Chelsea, Pelle can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They have 4 very handy games coming up right now, I'd consider that a decent short term punt, I still haven't seen MOTD, I have it Sky+'d so I'll do it in a while, nothing certain but as I won't be bringing Pelle in it looks like Tadic will be my man.

Watched the game on Sky, Setanta & MOTD. Tadic stood out as MOTM for me and was praised by all 3 channels. He should be at the heart of most they do so as Fab is good Costa cover, Tadic is good Pelle cover imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

2 FT's and willing to take a 4 point hit

What would you good folk of FSA do with this team? 1.0m itb.

Screenshot_2014_10_19_11_47_19.png

I'd go
    ADM -> Tadic
    4.5m Def -> Baines (or Coleman)

I think you'd have about 0.7 left over and that could be used to upgrade Sterling if his form suffers.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd go
    ADM -> Tadic

I think you'd have about 0.7 left over and that could be used to upgrade Sterling if his form suffers.

Oh. Big call getting rid of ADM. Never even considered it tbh.

Ya, Baines definitely on my list of those I want in.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Valencia out aguero in .. sterling out schniedrlin in. and mayb Moreno out baines in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

This ist he team I currently have with 0 in the Bank

Forster Guzan
    Vlaar van Aanholt Duff Azpilicueta Cissokho
    SigurdssonDi María Sterling Matic Schneiderlin
    Diego Costa Agüero Welbeck

I was thinking of getting rid of Azpilicueta to Wisdom which would free up approx 2m to bring in a midfielder(any advice welcome on who to bring in!) instead of Matic/Sneiderlin or swap Wellbeck for Pelle.Or does anyone have any other ideas?

I will be clearing out the Villa defenders next week after they play QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd go
    ADM -> Tadic

Brave man to get rid of Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

04651cb7ccd598bd20d9af93d7ee2ac4.png

Need to get Aguero in, Tadic is another id like to get in. My times of doubling up on a Southampton defence will have to come to an end though :(

My team:

Forster, Elliott
    PVA, Taylor, Duff, Moore, Wisdom
    Sterling, Fabregas, Siggy, Di Maria, Marney.
    Costa, Aguero, Pelle.

2 mil banked.

To get Baines in, I need to downgrade a mid, most likely Sterling. The question is should I go for Eriksen or Chadli?

I haven't seen much of Spurs and, while Chadli has been scoring well, Eriksen is the better player and the one I'd expect to kick on more.

Opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Forster, Elliott
    PVA, Taylor, Duff, Moore, Wisdom
    Sterling, Fabregas, Siggy, Di Maria, Marney.
    Costa, Aguero, Pelle.

2 mil banked.

To get Baines in, I need to downgrade a mid, most likely Sterling. The question is should I go for Eriksen or Chadli?

I haven't seen much of Spurs and, while Chadli has been scoring well, Eriksen is the better player and the one I'd expect to kick on more.

Opinions?

Eriksen. More central to spurs attacks and more consistent. A top player.
    I'll be downgrading sterling myself. Liverpool look bad today so far against the worst team in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I will keep Welbeck and do Sterling to Tadic. Liverpool are dire and with Sturridge out for another month, it lessens Sterling's appeal even more. Would leave me 2.5m in the bank and enough to get Baines in for a -4. Should I do it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I will keep Welbeck and do Sterling to Tadic. Liverpool are dire and with Sturridge out for another month, it lessens Sterling's appeal even more. Would leave me 2.5m in the bank and enough to get Baines in for a -4. Should I do it?!

yes sterling is on thin ice now......nice fixture next weekend but Madrid during the week.......meanwhile spurs (chadli\eriksen) have Newcastle .......but also Europa on Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    yes sterling is on thin ice now......nice fixture next weekend but Madrid during the week.......meanwhile spurs (chadli\eriksen) have Newcastle .......but also Europa on Thursday

Think I would prefer Tadic ahead of Eriksen/Chadli as I don't have Pelle. Though I do rate Eriksen highly and he's a great option at 7.8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Think I would prefer Tadic ahead of Eriksen/Chadli as I don't have Pelle. Though I do rate Eriksen highly and he's a great option at 7.8.

i have tadic.
    I have sworn never to buy Eriksen again as I only ever seem to have him for his blips and loses value....... I'm weakening though as I can then buy aguero.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok lads, need a bit of help on where to go.

Current team:

Mannone, McCarthy
    Taylor, Bertrand, Chambers, Duff, Wisdom
    ADM, Fabregas, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Quinn
    Pellé, Aguero, Costa.

I've 2 FTs and 0.5m in the bank.

Everton have some tasty fixtures coming up and I've completely changed my mind on Baines and am now considering him.

What I'm thinking is:

Sterling -> Chadli
    Taylor -> Baines.

If I don't want Baines, then I'd probably bring in Eriksen for Sterling and maybe bank the FT again.

What do people suggest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

With Azpilicueta out now for a few weeks is Filipe Luis dead set to replace him until he is back fit? €5.4mil for a Chelsea defender can't be looked past considering i'm in desperate need of shifting Pieters. It's either him or Rose/Kaboul.

With Azpilicueta out now for a few weeks is Filipe Luis dead set to replace him until he is back fit? €5.4mil for a Chelsea defender can't be looked past considering i'm in desperate need of shifting Pieters. It's either him or Rose/Kaboul.

Pieters starts today. Luis will play max two games I reckon. Mourinho likes Azpi and Luis was poor for the Palace goal yesterday. He let Zaha skip past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I would think so, but Chelsea's fixtures not brilliant really

F1ngers wrote: »
    I brought in Tadic as a short term punt(hope to make 0.2) while I wait on Walcott to get match fit.
    We'll assess it after three or four games. Wellbeck could easily score over the next few games and Pelle may not be able to hit a barn door with a banjo.

Pelle is certainly the more natural finisher which is why I went with him.

I always go with form over fixtures. Plenty of mid priced strikers have shown that they can score against the top teams in the past e.g. Ba at Newcastle, Bent at Charlton (when he was good), Yakubu at Blackburn.

I certainly won't be transferring Pelle out on current form just because he plays a few of the better teams.

It's not like any of the top four have looked good at the back - If Frazier Campbell can score against Chelsea, Pelle can!

I have a new plan which is solid enough I think.

Clyne -> Baines
    Sterling -> Tadic

Ideally I'd not bring Tadic in but this will give me Southampton cover which seemingly everyone but me will have and I'll avoid taking a hit. I'll keep Welbeck and have 0.3 itb.

Next week if there are no injuries etc I can do Fabianski to Forster if I want Southampton defensive cover back again.

Any opinions on this?

I have a new plan which is solid enough I think.

Clyne -> Baines
    Sterling -> Tadic

Ideally I'd not bring Tadic in but this will give me Southampton cover which seemingly everyone but me will have and I'll avoid taking a hit. I'll keep Welbeck and have 0.3 itb.

Next week if there are no injuries etc I can do Fabianski to Forster if I want Southampton defensive cover back again.

Any opinions on this?

What's the rest of your team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Pieters starts today. Luis will play max two games I reckon. Mourinho likes Azpi and Luis was poor for the Palace goal yesterday. He let Zaha skip past him.

Pleasant surprise! a nil all result would be perfect in that game so despite having Sigurdsson as i have both Taylor and Pieters starting. Still... i reckon Pieters time is up, can't have a player that i'm wishfully hoping is going to start each week in my starting 11.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    I would think so, but Chelsea's fixtures not brilliant really

Cheers lads, that pretty much clears it up so, Rose/Kaboul it is. Will only be for the next few weeks anyway. Other option is to shift Fabregas out also and bring in either Tadic/Chadli and Baines as i've 2 FTs. Don't really want to move Fab on yet though as he has been so consistent this season.

What's the rest of your team?

Print screen of it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

2ymbpyp.jpg

Looking for a few opinions. At this stage I need to get Aguero into the team.

I have two FT's and have 5.6 million in the bank. What option of the three would you choose?

Option 1:
    Naismith > Aguero
    Downing > Obertan
    Azpilicueta > Jagielka

Option 2:
    Welbeck > Aguero
    Downing > Chadli
    Azpilicueta > JAgielka

Option 3:
    Naismith > Aguero
    Sterling > Tadic
    Azpilicueta > Jagielka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

This is the current squad:

51zj0n.jpg

Took a gamble on Mata stepping up with Rooney being banned but that hasn't worked out so far (dropped Fab for him).

Was thinking of going Mata --> Tadic and Sterling --> Fab

What you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mata to Tadic and Falcao to Aguero seems more pressing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Any Newcastle fans here? What's Steven Taylor' story? Will he stay in the team-thinking of getting him in, only 3.9m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Mata to Tadic and Falcao to Aguero seems more pressing

Will hold fire on the moves until after the game tomorrow, if Falcao doesn't bang in one or two then will launch him before his price drops again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

So the most pressing issue this week is whether to bow to the pressure and get in Southampton attacking cover...,.

Pelle is the most obvious option, but Welbeck is easily the most cost efficient way into Arsenal's decent fixture list.....Aguero and Costa will permanent fixtures barring injury...so it is really down to Tadic. It will be an interesting week because on one hand Southampton do have some nice short term fixtures, but on the other hand sat could be a freak result. Sterling looking Liverpool's only bright spark makes the decision

Swansea have a difficult 3 game run after next week, could be an option Siggy -> Tadic but then it could be a struggle to get him back in

Decisions Decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    So the most pressing issue this week is whether to bow to the pressure and get in Southampton attacking cover...,.

Pelle is the most obvious option, but Welbeck is easily the most cost efficient way into Arsenal's decent fixture list.....Aguero and Costa will permanent fixtures barring injury...so it is really down to Tadic. It will be an interesting week because on one hand Southampton do have some nice short term fixtures, but on the other hand sat could be a freak result. Sterling looking Liverpool's only bright spark makes the decision

Swansea have a difficult 3 game run after next week, could be an option Siggy -> Tadic but then it could be a struggle to get him back in

Decisions Decisions!

i havent done it myself. i can see the temptation with so many doing it, but that was a bit of a freak result yesterday, towards the end S'land capitulated completely and Tadic was the main beneficiary. before yesterday he hadn't scored more than 6 in any game. Stoke next wont be a walkover i think. then Hull away could be tricky. Leicester home there's definitely good potential there. But after that they've probably got the toughest run of any team in the league, all the way until the end of January, when fixtures become a lot more favourable. So no, i'm staying away from the Tadic/Pelle loveboat.

i already did Fab and Moore to Chadli and Baines (yesterday) for budget reasons. getting rid of Fab risky i know, but he's probly over-performed slightly so far relative to his position, Chadli has been impressive so far and Spurs run nice for a good while now. Baines has just been on fire lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

manual_man wrote: »
    i havent done it myself. i can see the temptation with so many doing it, but that was a bit of a freak result yesterday, towards the end S'land capitulated completely and Tadic was the main beneficiary. before yesterday he hadn't scored more than 6 in any game. Stoke next wont be a walkover i think. then Hull away could be tricky. Leicester home there's definitely good potential there. But after that they've probably got the toughest run of any team in the league, all the way until the end of January, when fixtures become a lot more favourable. So no, i'm staying away from the Tadic/Pelle loveboat.

i already did Fab and Moore to Chadli and Baines (yesterday) for budget reasons. getting rid of Fab risky i know, but he's probly over-performed slightly so far relative to his position, Chadli has been impressive so far and Spurs run nice for a good while now. Baines has just been on fire lately.

I was looking at getting in Everton defensive cover until Stones got injured, thought they would be ropey at the back without him.

Got rid of Cesc for Hazard friday, obviously tough to take yesterday.....but over the season I just can't see Cesc outscoring Hazard

• Advertisement
Advertisement