Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »
    Why ADM out?

I'd expect sanchez and Hazard to outscore him. However I'm having 2nd thoughts due to his starting position tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Thinking Silva and Azpilcueta out for alderweireld and tadic. 3 Southampton may be overload but should be ok in the short run with their fixtures. Might be a bit premature to get rid of Silva? Mannone and James ward prowse the other deadwood I need to get rid of. Any chance mannone might be dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

qwabercd wrote: »
    Thinking Silva and Azpilcueta out for alderweireld and tadic. 3 Southampton may be overload but should be ok in the short run with their fixtures. Might be a bit premature to get rid of Silva? Mannone and James ward prowse the other deadwood I need to get rid of. Any chance mannone might be dropped?

Definite chance I reckon. He was a hero last season but at fault for a couple of the goals at least on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

ADM off injured tonight. Looks like a slight thigh strain...time to jump ship?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    ADM off injured tonight. Looks like a slight thigh strain...time to jump ship?!!!

he was very very dangerous before that but if he is ruled out hello eriksen and aguero

km79 wrote: »
    he was very very dangerous before that but if he is ruled out hello eriksen and aguero

Yeah he was putting in some great crosses all night - have eriksen in my sights now as well. Might pull the trigger even if he isnt injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Considering:

Ulloa --> Pelle
    ADM --> Eriksen
    Ivan --> Baines

Dunno if I'll do it, because ADM is a force to be reckoned with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If ADM is out I have just enough to do ADM and Tomkins to Eriksen and Baines. But being a non-ADM captainer is scary enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd expect sanchez and Hazard to outscore him. However I'm having 2nd thoughts due to his starting position tonight.

Where are you on selling ADM now (assuming it's only a dead leg)?

I'm getting tempted to do ADM to Eriksen and Moore to Baines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FHFC wrote: »

Do it. Slightly different transfers but same end result. If someone else does it first, I'll feel less mad. :pac:

I wonder if we'll be able to wait until after the Europa matches. Baines already rose this GW and Eriksen isn't being mass transferred in with Tadic in the same price bracket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sterling->Eriksen - Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Considering:
    ADM -> Obertan
    Welbeck -> Aguero
    for a 4 pt hit. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jive wrote: »
    Sterling->Eriksen - Thoughts?

If you have ADM wait for updates on his "injury".

Other than that, it depends on your team. Is it your only transfer or part of a saving cash plan to accomodate another player in?

Just on the 2 players fixtures and form, it's a tough call. Both on form and with good fixtures coming.
    spock. wrote: »
    Considering:
    ADM -> Obertan
    Welbeck -> Aguero
    for a 4 pt hit. Any thoughts?

What would be your midfield? Selling ADM for £4.4m MF sounds like you could have 2 cheapies in MF. Might be risky. Can't you accomodate Agüero in from a different route?

Ive 2 free transfers this week Im going to take out PVA and 1 of silva and ADM. The following week Im going to take out whoever I didnt take out this week. Im looking at getting in baines/ chadli or kaboul/ sanchez this week. If costa was confirmed out this week Id actually take him out. Raging I didnt have the balls to do costa/pva to wellbeck/baines on sat morning. That tweet KevIrl posted just before the 1130 deadline had me set up those transfers but I just couldnt hit confirm after being stung by costa's supposed injuries in gw3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

iroced wrote: »
    If you have ADM wait for updates on his "injury".

Other than that, it depends on your team. Is it your only transfer or part of a saving cash plan to accomodate another player in?

Just on the 2 players fixtures and form, it's a tough call. Both on form and with good fixtures coming.

No ADM, 2 FTs no need to use either. Nice to have the extra cash and Spurs have easier fixtures + no potential for rotation of eriksen whereas with 2xMadrid games coming up Sterling will be protected I reckon.

Basically Eriksen seems to offer the same, only safer as he will definitely play every league game, for less.

...I've just convinced myself and pulled the trigger. He hasn't been involved in any UEL games so no point in waiting until Thursday night, don't want to get caught on the hop with a rise either.

Ive 2 free transfers this week Im going to take out PVA and 1 of silva and ADM. The following week Im going to take out whoever I didnt take out this week. Im looking at getting in baines/ chadli or kaboul/ sanchez this week. If costa was confirmed out this week Id actually take him out. Raging I didnt have the balls to do costa/pva to wellbeck/baines on sat morning. That tweet KevIrl posted just before the 1130 deadline had me set up those transfers but I just couldnt hit confirm after being stung by costa's supposed injuries in gw3.

I'm thinking ADM may not get as much of the ball for a while now in these harder games. If United don't want to conceed 10 v City they'll have to sit back a bit.

Can see Sterling continuing to pick up points but if not will be able to swap him for Walcott.

Siggy's form is a worry too. His attacking stats are bad too which doesn't give a good prospect of a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Ill probably sell adm this week for chadli. Then use the funds to upgrade pelle to aguero the following week. It gives me piece of mind to see a few others considering selling adm

MR NINE wrote: »
    Ill probably sell adm this week for chadli. Then use the funds to upgrade pelle to aguero the following week. It gives me piece of mind to see a few others considering selling adm

Could be group think gone wrong! :)

Three posts including mine almost simultaneously at quarter past ten above all suggesting ADM to Eriksen have me thinking it must be fate!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I wants all the differentials! The template is dead:

Sanchez, Tadic, Hazard, Eriksen, Obertan is the future...

...is what I'd be saying if I had the emotional energy for it but Nolan has open up the Yaya wounds again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That makes Obertan this week's Nolan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Oi. Less of the obertan bashing please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »
    Definite chance I reckon. He was a hero last season but at fault for a couple of the goals at least on Saturday.

Yeah that was the answer I was expecting tbh. A more pressing transfer than Silva -> tadic really. Dropped or not, I don't want to be relying on mannone as my only keeper. Now to find a replacement. Might just go for Forster and find a different replacement for azpi.

Right I think I've decided to let Clyne reluctantly go for Baines. Keeping both and upgrading Moore to Baines was the temptation but can't justify the extra 1.1m it ties up in defence. Moore has good fixtures for 3 or 4 weeks which I hadn't realised. I also have Forster for Saints defence cover.

So taking that as done I now have the following options for second ft.

A) Sterling > Tadic
    B) Sterling > Eriksen
    C) ADM > Tadic & Siggy > Eriksen for -4

C would leave me with Fabregas, Sterling, Tadic, Eriksen and Boyd, Aguero, Pelle, Costa and 0.6 in bank.

It's quite tempting. It could also more sensibly be done over next week leaving Siggy for another week (home to Leicester).

I think Sterling could do well if the whole fatigue thing blows over which I think it will.

Btw. To those questioning the wisdom of both Pelle and Tadic, it just crossed my mind that people who had both Lallana and J Rod were laughing all the way to the top of their mini leagues for large parts of last season.

Ben Dinnery expects ADM to be fit for Sunday. I'll definitely be waiting until Thursday/Friday to make any moves. Another boring, don't waste a transfer of Mannone to Foster or Tomkins to Alcaraz possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I dont think theres anything wrong with tadic and pelle, but the thing to consider is that their fixtures get pretty rotten pretty soon. Four more games and ill be wanting rid of my southampton contingent. Anyone with three southampton players should probably be looking at an exit strategy already, i know i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ben Dinnery expects ADM to be fit for Sunday. I'll definitely be waiting until Thursday/Friday to make any moves. Another boring, don't waste a transfer of Mannone to Foster or Tomkins to Alcaraz possible.

Aside from his 'injury', his next 4 games aren't exactly attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Big games, and big name players like to perform in big matches,

Chelsea at OT, Chelsea missing Azipil - there will be goals (at least i hope so don't want to go to a boring 0-0 game)

City V United - again huge game.

Arsenal away - They don't exactly have the best defensive record so again there should be goals.

There is no untied striker that i would touch atm, and so i think keeping ADM is best choice - he had countless number of crosses and he's on corners.

Problem is that he's in such great form and high ownership/captaincy choice. Safe move for me would be holding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

DiMaria impressed me hugely last night and I've been to the fore of any negativity towards his potential to justify a 10m price tag. His dead ball delivery is superb and he's always demanding the ball, I can see that he will be involved in a lot of goals, particularly against weaker teams. For that reason I will be holding out on him until this difficult run is over, FHFC made a very good point up further, United will be far less gung ho in those games and gung ho suits DiMaria for our purposes

Right I think I've decided to let Clyne reluctantly go for Baines. Keeping both and upgrading Moore to Baines was the temptation but can't justify the extra 1.1m it ties up in defence. Moore has good fixtures for 3 or 4 weeks which I hadn't realised. I also have Forster for Saints defence cover.

So taking that as done I now have the following options for second ft.

A) Sterling > Tadic
    B) Sterling > Eriksen
    C) ADM > Tadic & Siggy > Eriksen for -4

C would leave me with Fabregas, Sterling, Tadic, Eriksen and Boyd, Aguero, Pelle, Costa and 0.6 in bank.

It's quite tempting. It could also more sensibly be done over next week leaving Siggy for another week (home to Leicester).

I think Sterling could do well if the whole fatigue thing blows over which I think it will.

Any thoughts on this in the cold light of the day after the GW before lads?

Selling ADM would be high risk but would allow a significant freshening up of midfield with form (somewhat differential) players and good fixtures plus Baines. If it all goes wrong it would cost about 0.4 to buy him back again, some of which I'll have gained in rises on the lads coming in hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Is swapping out Wellbeck for Berhanio madness? Want to get Walcott-Baines/Coleman and BertrandClyne? And this seems to the only way I canaffird them.
    Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

MR NINE wrote: »
    I dont think theres anything wrong with tadic and pelle, but the thing to consider is that their fixtures get pretty rotten pretty soon. Four more games and ill be wanting rid of my southampton contingent.
    Bizarrly, Southampton's season is panning out very similar to last year.

After 8 games...
    Last year - 15
    This year - 16

Games 9-11 (3 easy fixtures)....
    Last year - Ful (h), Sto (a), Hull (h) - 7pts from 3 games
    This year - Sto (h), hull (a), Lei (h) - ???

Games 12-21 (rough patch)
    Last year - 6 tough games out of 10 - 8pts from 10 games
    This year - 7 tough games out of 10 - ???

Obviously totally different team/manager etc, just an interesting observations

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Folks, advice welcome here please...

Wilson and sterling to Baines and tadic (0.1 left if I do this)
    Or
    Naylor and sterling to Baines and eriksen (0.0 if I do this.
    This is for - 4.

Team is...
    Mannone
    Wilson Taylor chambers
    Sterling Di Maria Fabregas siggy
    Costa Aguero pelle
    Subs. McCarthy Moore waynama duff

Doing pretty well, overall rank around 10k but I want Baines in my team. If I wait til next week I probably wont be able to afford it.
    Keeping Costa even if injured for another week.
    Keeping Di Maria unless Out long term.
    I realise I may not have a playing keeper this week. I will Sort that out next week if so.

Thoughts?

DiMaria impressed me hugely last night and I've been to the fore of any negativity towards his potential to justify a 10m price tag. His dead ball delivery is superb and he's always demanding the ball, I can see that he will be involved in a lot of goals, particularly against weaker teams. For that reason I will be holding out on him until this difficult run is over, FHFC made a very good point up further, United will be far less gung ho in those games and gung ho suits DiMaria for our purposes

I didnt see the game last night but ADM playing in a front 3 would interest me much more than where he was playing in that diamond formation. The points he was getting from that position weren't sustainable IMO. I still think Ill take him out for the next few GWS but if he is to play where he played last night I can see myself getting him back in unless Rooney can get a place up top which would interest me at 10.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

thinking of taking Clyne and Fabregas out and bringing in Baines and Eriksen..thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

JR6 wrote: »
    Folks, advice welcome here please...

Wilson and sterling to Baines and tadic (0.1 left if I do this)
    Or
    Naylor and sterling to Baines and eriksen (0.0 if I do this.
    This is for - 4.

Team is...
    Mannone
    Wilson Taylor chambers
    Sterling Di Maria Fabregas siggy
    Costa Aguero pelle
    Subs. McCarthy Moore waynama duff

Doing pretty well, overall rank around 10k but I want Baines in my team. If I wait til next week I probably wont be able to afford it.
    Keeping Costa even if injured for another week.
    Keeping Di Maria unless Out long term.
    I realise I may not have a playing keeper this week. I will Sort that out next week if so.

Thoughts?

I'd change your keeper and hang onto Sterling this week against Hull.

Personally, I've gotten rid of ADM over Sterling as I'm not fancying our next 8 fixtures (Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and might as well throw Southampton in there) with 5/8 big ones. ADM will score well I'd say but I'm not sure he'll outscore Sterling or Fab. I can't see us scoring 2 or more against any of those teams so I don't think he's going to go nuts.

Maybe have a look at Coleman as an alternative for next weeks transfers. He is price protected at present so he probably won't rise from 6.9 this week.
    And If you at Coleman's stats for last year and this (allowing for the fact he was injured), there really isn't any difference between himself and Baines... It's just hard to stomach that they've got his pricing right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Some people are going to get a shock when Costa plays against Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

SlickRic wrote: »
    Some people are going to get a shock when Costa plays against Utd.

And looking at our defence last night, he'll score a couple

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And looking at our defence last night, he'll score a couple

Costa will be a threat given his power but I think they will do better against Costa than Aguero. Aguero will eat them alive completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking about ADM and Taylor to Baines and Tadic now...

I didnt see the game last night but ADM playing in a front 3 would interest me much more than where he was playing in that diamond formation. The points he was getting from that position weren't sustainable IMO. I still think Ill take him out for the next few GWS but if he is to play where he played last night I can see myself getting him back in unless Rooney can get a place up top which would interest me at 10.2.

I think the change in formation was more of a case that Falcao wasn't deemed fully fit, I doubt they'll play with 1 forward too often with Rooney, RVP and Falcao knocking about the wage bill.

Was only half watching the game last night (while putting kids to bed as the missus was out) but ADM didn't seem notably more advanced position wise, Mata playing off RVP in a seemed more the situation but am open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd change your keeper and hang onto Sterling this week against Hull.

Maybe... I just think that Liverpool are playing so poorly and have Madrid midweek that Hull will probably get a result against them.
    Also worried about Sterling's playing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Been having a look at what my next move will be. I had planned to get Azpi in but I don't think that's warranted given his sending off and ban for the next two games, Chelsea's current fixtures and lack of clean sheets. It would also take the entire 2 million that I have spare.

Looking at my squad, I'm happy enough to stick with the template midfield (Sterling, Di Maria, Siggy & Fabregas) with plans to move Walcott in when he's fully fit. Marney is my placeholder and I'm not going to spend a transfer getting rid of him. If the opportunity arises, he'll be out for Boyd. I'm also happy with my three strikers (Costa, Aguero and Pelle).

That leaves defence:

Taylor, PVA, Moore, Duff and Wisdom.

It's definitely in need of some cash. To get Baines, I'd have to drop one of my midfielders or strikers which I'm not happy to do at present. Therefore I think a good defence can still be obtained on a fairly decent budget. I can go PVA to Kaboul for an initial outlay of .5 million and then Duff to Chambers for a second outlay of 0.5 million. That'll leave me with the following fixtures until January 10th and 1 million in the bank:

Wisdom Taylor Chambers Kaboul Moore
    Crystal Palace (H) Leicester (H) Sunderland (A) Newcastle (H) Swansea (A)
    Leicester (A) Everton (A) Burnley (H) Aston Villa (A) West Brom (H)
    Newcastle (H) Arsenal (H) Swansea (A) Stoke (H) Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (A) Man City (A) Man Utd (H) Hull (A) Sunderland (H)
    Arsenal (H) Crystal Palace (H) West Brom (A) Everton (H) QPR (A)
    West Ham (H) QPR (H) Southampton (H) Chelsea (A) Liverpool (H)
    Hull (A) West Ham (A) Stoke (A) Crystal Palace (H) Aston Villa (A)
    Aston Villa (H) Spurs (H) Newcastle (H) Swansea (A) Man City (H)
    QPR (A) Hull (A) Liverpool (A) Burnley (H) West Ham (A)
    Man City (H) Aston Villa (H) QPR (H) Leicester (A) Spurs (H)
    Stoke (A) Liverpool (A) West Ham (A) Man Utd (H) Hull (A)
    West Ham (A) QPR (A) Southampton (A) Chelsea (H) Liverpool (A)
    Hull (H) West Ham (H) Stoke (H) Crystal Palace (A) Aston Villa (H)

Chambers and Kaboul rotate perfectly as they play for Arsenal/Spurs. Moore also rotates with Wisdom and Taylor. If the chance arises in two GWs and he is still playing, I think I'd go for Alcaraz in place of Moore but I want to see if he holds his place with Distin lurking.

I certainly think there's plenty of value available in defence with the five players above costing a total of 22 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Opinions on below please Team for GW 9 below, 70 pts last week without Costa or Aguero so don't want to thnker to much doing well

Forster

Taylor Clyne Ivanovic (subs Konchesky/Duff)
    Siggy McGeidy Di María Cesc Larsson
    Pellè (C) Welbeck Costa

So have a few ideas Larsson to Chadli ? He's solid but hasn't been scoring heavy?
    Welbeck to Bony/Lukaku/Berahino . Arsenal have a nice run but I just don't trust them. Lukaku is hit and miss also.Berahino cant stop scoring but surly West Broms run will go belly up?
    Larsson out anyway is what im thinking?

JR6 wrote: »
    Maybe... I just think that Liverpool are playing so poorly and have Madrid midweek that Hull will probably get a result against them.
    Also worried about Sterling's playing time.

I think Sterling is undroppable for Liverpool at the moment. Rodgers made the mistake of leaving him out against Villa and they lost. He was involved in all three goals alst weekend and was ths standout player on the pitch. He's their main attacking threat and until the likes of lallana, coutinho and balotelli step up I cant see him being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Opinions on below please Team for GW 9 below, 70 pts last week without Costa or Aguero so don't want to thnker to much doing well

Forster

Taylor Clyne Ivanovic (subs Konchesky/Duff)
    Siggy McGeidy Di María Cesc Larsson
    Pellè (C) Welbeck Costa

So have a few ideas Larsson to Chadli ? He's solid but hasn't been scoring heavy?
    Welbeck to Bony/Lukaku/Berahino . Arsenal have a nice run but I just don't trust them. Lukaku is hit and miss also.Berahino cant stop scoring but surly West Broms run will go belly up?
    Larsson out anyway is what im thinking?

Larsson chadli seems like a safe bet

Welbeck - I guess you'd have to weigh up would walcott coming back into the team help or hinder his goal tally. I'd be inclined to believe the service from walcott would help it and I wouldn't be in any great rush to sell. Though the extra funds from buying berahino could maybe get you Walcott instead of chadli!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Antibac wrote: »
    Is swapping out Wellbeck for Berhanio madness? Want to get Walcott-Baines/Coleman and BertrandClyne? And this seems to the only way I canaffird them.
    Any help appreciated!

No its not madness, Berahino is a good player and has 3 good fixtures coming up. The only thing is Welbeck also has good fixtures and plays for a better team so will probably get more chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Rikand wrote: »
    Larsson chadli seems like a safe bet

Welbeck - I guess you'd have to weigh up would walcott coming back into the team help or hinder his goal tally. I'd be inclined to believe the service from walcott would help it and I wouldn't be in any great rush to sell. Though the extra funds from buying berahino could maybe get you Walcott instead of chadli!

Am now thinking benching Larsson for a few GW and bringing in Augero for Costa? Taughts ?

Augero next 4 - West Ham(A) United (H) QPR (A) Swansea (H)
    Costa United (A) QPR (H) Pool (A) West Brom (H)

Both capable of big scores there

• Advertisement
Advertisement