Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Went a bit mad and did my transfers just now. A change of .1m would have ruined my plan so I've gone and bit the bullet, rather than carefully and painfully watching the rises all week, only to get it wrong because the price change sites seem to be off the ball this year.

:pac:

Fortune favours the brave, right? Though sometimes there's probably a pretty fine line between brave and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    To get Baines, I'd have to drop one of my midfielders or strikers which I'm not happy to do at present.

This is the crux of the decision I'm making. Could get Baines and rejig my midfield with Tadic and/or Eriksen and it could be magic, or it could entirely fck up my team.

My though process is changing daily as I get used to being in the top 100k rather than outside 400K....

As ever your approach is common sense personified. Perhaps we need to add the verb lemlinise to the prodstonsim entry in the FSA glossary of terms. :)

Went a bit mad and did my transfers just now. A change of .1m would have ruined my plan so I've gone and bit the bullet, rather than carefully and painfully watching the rises all week, only to get it wrong because the price change sites seem to be off the ball this year.

:pac:

Fortune favours the brave, right? Though sometimes there's probably a pretty fine line between brave and stupid.

What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Dearg81 wrote: »
    No its not madness, Berahino is a good player and has 3 good fixtures coming up. The only thing is Welbeck also has good fixtures and plays for a better team so will probably get more chances.

But overall would I be better points wise with Berahino Baines and Clyne and Walcott than Welbeck Azpicuelita Cisshoko Matic? Decisions decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    This is the crux of the decision I'm making. Could get Baines and rejig my midfield with Tadic and/or Eriksen and it could be magic, or it could entirely fck up my team.

My though process is changing daily as I get used to being in the top 100k rather than outside 400K....

As ever your approach is common sense personified. Perhaps we need to add the verb lemlinise to the prodstonsim entry in the FSA glossary of terms. :)

Well I'm not ruling out Baines entirely and I still like the look of Eriksen. That said, I'm in a position where I don't want to drop any of the four midfielders and my defence badly needs work. I'm certainly not changing any of the strikers either.

I had planned to bank my transfer this week but Kaboul fits my plans perfectly. Next week I'll reassess after bringing him in (will wait until after the Europa League games) but Chambers looks like a decent bet to join him as Arsenal's fixtures change from tough to better. I only ever plan two fixtures ahead. There are two many variables to plan any further.

Kaboul's fixtures are too good to pass up on. In his next eight fixtures, he only plays two of the top six - Chelsea and Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

What did you do?

Went really safe, essentially. Needed to sort my defense out, so that took the bulk of it.

Ulloa --> Pelle
    Wilson --> Wisdom (needed the funds)
    Ivan --> Jagielka.

Obviously, I wanted Baines but I couldn't drop any of my midfielders. Sterling is constantly solid, as if Fabregas. ADM is very, very impressive. If I'd sold him for Eriksen, I likely couldn't have afforded to get him back in and I think he's an absolute essential. I do feel that sooner or later Siggy and Sterling will be dropped, but not yet.

So the above done for a -4. Pretty tame. At 20k atm. Hoping to get past the 15k mark next week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I think Sterling is undroppable for Liverpool at the moment. Rodgers made the mistake of leaving him out against Villa and they lost. He was involved in all three goals alst weekend and was ths standout player on the pitch. He's their main attacking threat and until the likes of lallana, coutinho and balotelli step up I cant see him being rested.

But he gets very tired.... the poor lad...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

JR6 wrote: »
    But he gets very tired.... the poor lad...:D

Only for England!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm surprised at the amount of people getting rid of sterling, in the games he played more than 80 minutes he scored 13, 7, 10, 2, 5 and 7. That's a pretty decent return and besides Chelsea (A) Liverpool have some good fixtures coming up. Once Sturridge returns I'd hope that Liverpool's goal tally will start to rack up and you can bet that Sterling will be involved there. I'd be wary of dumping him now. *Prepares for Sterling straight red at the weekend*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

No its not madness, Berahino is a good player and has 3 good fixtures coming up. The only thing is Welbeck also has good fixtures and plays for a better team so will probably get more chances.

It hasn't worked out too well for people chasing Naismith (myself included) and Ulloa's points so I'm avoiding the below 6.0m striker bracket.

• Advertisement

Well I'm not ruling out Baines entirely and I still like the look of Eriksen. That said, I'm in a position where I don't want to drop any of the four midfielders and my defence badly needs work. I'm certainly not changing any of the strikers either.

I had planned to bank my transfer this week but Kaboul fits my plans perfectly. Next week I'll reassess after bringing him in (will wait until after the Europa League games) but Chambers looks like a decent bet to join him as Arsenal's fixtures change from tough to better. I only ever plan two fixtures ahead. There are two many variables to plan any further.

Kaboul's fixtures are too good to pass up on. In his next eight fixtures, he only plays two of the top six - Chelsea and Everton.

Hmm, I could actually play it a bit safer and just get Baines for Clyne and Eriksen for Sterling, leaving the Tadic bandwagon to roll on.

Safer for two reasons in that as well as not having to shift ADM, buying back Sterling would only cost me 0.2 if it was necessary. Sterling may well drop 0.1 by next week also.

That comes down to whether Baines/Eriksen will outscore Sterling/Clyne over the next 4 weeks....

Edit: compared to my original plan its acutally about Sterling,Tadic v ADM,Siggy.....hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I will bank my transfer this week unless Di Maria is out this weekend or Costa is out both this and next weekend. Here's hoping for some solid team news to aid my decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

i presume costa and adm are just carrying lil niggles ?

currently i can bang on afford dyer to tadic but not sure i can hold off much longer if hes price goes up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

My head is wrecked thinking about it a this stage and it's only Tuesday !
    Here are the options I was thinking about but all now depend on costa being fit!
    I have only one free transfer and 0.9 in bank
    1. PVA to Kabul no hit (but no aguero)
    2 Courtois to Forster and Falcao to Aguero -4 and will have to move Forster on again in few weeks and no Chelsea defender for QPR game on
    3. Just do falcao to PELLE for free
    And work aguero in next few weeks but he may be out of reach by then
    4 sterling to eriksen /chadli and falcao to aguero -4 reluctant to sell sterling tho
    And then there is the problem if both ADM and costa are out.........
    I really really like what I've seen of falcao too and after these 2 games united have 3in 4 good gAmes at home !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Been having a look at what my next move will be. I had planned to get Azpi in but I don't think that's warranted given his sending off and ban for the next two games, Chelsea's current fixtures and lack of clean sheets. It would also take the entire 2 million that I have spare.

Looking at my squad, I'm happy enough to stick with the template midfield (Sterling, Di Maria, Siggy & Fabregas) with plans to move Walcott in when he's fully fit. Marney is my placeholder and I'm not going to spend a transfer getting rid of him. If the opportunity arises, he'll be out for Boyd. I'm also happy with my three strikers (Costa, Aguero and Pelle).

That leaves defence:

Taylor, PVA, Moore, Duff and Wisdom.

It's definitely in need of some cash. To get Baines, I'd have to drop one of my midfielders or strikers which I'm not happy to do at present. Therefore I think a good defence can still be obtained on a fairly decent budget. I can go PVA to Kaboul for an initial outlay of .5 million and then Duff to Chambers for a second outlay of 0.5 million. That'll leave me with the following fixtures until January 10th and 1 million in the bank:

Wisdom Taylor Chambers Kaboul Moore
    Crystal Palace (H) Leicester (H) Sunderland (A) Newcastle (H) Swansea (A)
    Leicester (A) Everton (A) Burnley (H) Aston Villa (A) West Brom (H)
    Newcastle (H) Arsenal (H) Swansea (A) Stoke (H) Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (A) Man City (A) Man Utd (H) Hull (A) Sunderland (H)
    Arsenal (H) Crystal Palace (H) West Brom (A) Everton (H) QPR (A)
    West Ham (H) QPR (H) Southampton (H) Chelsea (A) Liverpool (H)
    Hull (A) West Ham (A) Stoke (A) Crystal Palace (H) Aston Villa (A)
    Aston Villa (H) Spurs (H) Newcastle (H) Swansea (A) Man City (H)
    QPR (A) Hull (A) Liverpool (A) Burnley (H) West Ham (A)
    Man City (H) Aston Villa (H) QPR (H) Leicester (A) Spurs (H)
    Stoke (A) Liverpool (A) West Ham (A) Man Utd (H) Hull (A)
    West Ham (A) QPR (A) Southampton (A) Chelsea (H) Liverpool (A)
    Hull (H) West Ham (H) Stoke (H) Crystal Palace (A) Aston Villa (H)

Chambers and Kaboul rotate perfectly as they play for Arsenal/Spurs. Moore also rotates with Wisdom and Taylor. If the chance arises in two GWs and he is still playing, I think I'd go for Alcaraz in place of Moore but I want to see if he holds his place with Distin lurking.

I certainly think there's plenty of value available in defence with the five players above costing a total of 22 million.
    This is something similar to what Ive been considering. I can have baines and 4 mill cheapie or kaboul and azpil. As enticing as baines is I think I prefer the kaboul azpil combo. Within 3 weeks it would give me a back 5 of chambers, kaboul, azpil, hutton, moore.
    Kaboul and chambers are serious value I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Antibac wrote: »
    But overall would I be better points wise with Berahino Baines and Clyne and Walcott than Welbeck Azpicuelita Cisshoko Matic? Decisions decisions!

Definitely Berahino Baines and Clyne and Walcott. Obviously wait for Walcott to start playing first though. Matic should not be in anyones team and not a fan of Cisshoko either.

This is something similar to what Ive been considering. I can have baines and 4 mill cheapie or kaboul and azpil. As enticing as baines is I think I prefer the kaboul azpil combo. Within 3 weeks it would give me a back 5 of chambers, kaboul, azpil, hutton, moore.

That definitely looks like a good back five. Would you not go for Wisdom though? He looks serious good value for me because he has a couple of assists and West Brom haven't been bad at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It hasn't worked out too well for people chasing Naismith (myself included) and Ulloa's points so I'm avoiding the below 6.0m striker bracket.

Fair point but his future points are not related to his price or any other stikers past performance. I just think he's good value over the next few weeks and the best striker under 6.0m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Can anybody tell me if Chambers or Welbeck is likely to rise tonight?

I need to transfer both in but want to wait till after the champions league.

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if Chambers or Welbeck is likely to rise tonight?

I need to transfer both in but want to wait till after the champions league.

Neither are near an increase according to TotalFPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Definitely Berahino Baines and Clyne and Walcott. Obviously wait for Walcott to start playing first though. Matic should not be in anyones team and not a fan of Cisshoko either.

Yea Matic was a left over from week one and is always as sub as I had more pressing changes to make but I think his time has come.Cisshoko will be gone after next game week after they play QPR(chance of a cleanie!)

That definitely looks like a good back five. Would you not go for Wisdom though? He looks serious good value for me because he has a couple of assists and West Brom haven't been bad at the back.

Id certainly prefer wisdom over Moore but its realistically a transfer Ill never get around to till the jan wildcard. There is always an attacking player I want to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Transferred Sterling to Tadic in out frustration of being a pool supporter! (half time of QPR game)

1 FT left. either transfer him back with either Tadic or ADM (lose 0.2 and a transfer)

or bite the bullet and invest in Felipe Luis for a guaranteed clean sheet v QPR

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Transferred Sterling to Tadic in out frustration of being a pool supporter! (half time of QPR game)

1 FT left. either transfer him back with either Tadic or ADM (lose 0.2 and a transfer)

What? If you transferred him out, keep him out, he isn't that much of a necessity.

But I wouldn't have taken him out in the first place tbh. Should never make transfers without giving them at least 24 hours thought and analysing the various different factors for getting rid of someone and bringing the alternative in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I definately wouldn't go for Felipe Luis. It's just another transfer you'll have to make in 2 weeks time when Azpi comes back.

That, plus I wouldn't even say that QPR is a guaranteed cleanie. I don't really know if there are any guaranteed cleanies this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Have 2 FT and soo many options. It's killing me.

Do I need to bring in Wellbeck/Pelle and Baines??

Should I keep Sterling and Chadli?

All the possibilities below. Any advice appreciated!

1. Get rid of Ulloa, Sterling and Wilson for Wellbeck, Obertan/Boyd and Baines.

2. Get rid of Ulloa, Sterling and Bertrand for Pelle, Obertan/Boyd and Baines.

3. Get rid of Ulloa and Chadli for Wellbeck and Obertan/Boyd.

4. Keep Sterling, Chadli and Ulloa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I definately wouldn't go for Felipe Luis. It's just another transfer you'll have to make in 2 weeks time when Azpi comes back.

That, plus I wouldn't even say that QPR is a guaranteed cleanie. I don't really know if there are any guaranteed cleanies this year!
    Getting Felipe Luis in once Azp got that red card has been my biggest FF brainfart this season. I'll start him against both United and QPR, but I was really hoping that the masses would go in for him, leading to price rises, but they haven't - I think a total of 80 people thought along the same lines as me!

With price rises unlikely, the more pragmatic approach is to evaluate him over the next two games and if he keeps Azp out of the squad against Liverpool, then you can safely buy him for the same price as I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'd prefer Rose as a Spurs 5.0m defender myself.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ye I keep thinking he will lose his place to Davies but it's looking less likely.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Getting Felipe Luis in once Azp got that red card has been my biggest FF brainfart this season. I'll start him against both United and QPR, but I was really hoping that the masses would go in for him, leading to price rises, but they haven't - I think a total of 80 people thought along the same lines as me!

With price rises unlikely, the more pragmatic approach is to evaluate him over the next two games and if he keeps Azp out of the squad against Liverpool, then you can safely buy him for the same price as I did.

The way the weekend went Luis was always going to be way down people's list of priorities with Aguero baines and tadic scoring so highly they were going to be the transfers of choice.It could work out for you but as I said at the time I'd wait to see if he keeps his place when azpil is available again.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »

Kaboul is more assured of his place as captain IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

What can people tell me about chadli? I havent watched spurs much this season, only the liverpool and city games. The liverpool game they were poor, against city they looked like a threat in attack. Chadli didnt necessarily standout, but they seemed to be getting joy from winning the ball in the opposition half and attacking quickly and directly from there, which benefits their front four of course.

From watching chadli last season i was unimpressed, seemed like a bit of a dud and not the smartest player. However, he loves to shoot, which is certainly an ff asset. His stats this season are very good so far, he seems to have nailed down a starting place and is getting his fair share of goals. Im wary of relying on stats alone as ive barely seen him in action this season. Have people seen a lot of spurs? Is he playing well and likely to keep his place? Have his returns been fortunate? There seems to be a few people considering signing him and a few considering ditching him. Id be interested to here peoples logic behind their decisions/considerations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Foster - Krul
    Yoshida - Colo - Naylor - Lovren - Cameron
    Tadic - Boyd - Hazard - Siggy - Sterling
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

2FTs and 0.3m ITB

Defence is shockingly bad but have never had the chance to fix it until now but funds are tight. Was thinking:

Hazard & Yoshida>Chadli & Baines

Looks good on paper is there anything more obvious I have missed?

MR NINE wrote: »
    What can people tell me about chadli?

Basically he has proven to be good value so far. So far this season he has a bigger goal threat than Hazard or Sterling and well ahead of Eriksen which shows how good value he has been. He has performed above expectation but he is definitely good value. He is really an enabler allowing you to spend 30m upfront without lowering your midfield points expectancy too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

jimmii wrote: »
    Foster - Krul
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

2FTs and 0.3m ITB

Defence is shockingly bad but have never had the chance to fix it until now but funds are tight. Was thinking:

Lovren - Rose
    Foster - Elliott
    Yoshida - Alderwield
    Colo - Chambers
    Cameron - Wisdom

Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    What? If you transferred him out, keep him out, he isn't that much of a necessity.

But I wouldn't have taken him out in the first place tbh. Should never make transfers without giving them at least 24 hours thought and analysing the various different factors for getting rid of someone and bringing the alternative in.

As I said my frustration of being a Liverpool supporter made me pull the trigger. That said, I was still was thinking along the lines of "if these other hams were half decent Sterling would have a bucket loads of FF points" , ...his bonus 2 speaks for itself

He is a necessity in my eyes, Liverpool need to score plenty as they concede plenty. Therefore there midfielders also score high (look at henderson and Gerrard' FF points too). Sterling is the point of all that is good.

Particularly when Sturridge comes back he is a must have in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Foster - Krul
    Costa - Aguero - Pelle

2FTs and 0.3m ITB

As you said yourself, your defence is awful. Cameron and yoshida arent playing, lovren is a liverpool defender and krul and coloccini play for newcastle. All these issues need addressing, so i wouldnt use a transfer to ditch hazard if i were you. Hazard tends to deliver in big games for chelsea, and they face a poor united defence this weekend, not a time to axe him imo. He scored against arsenal and assisted against city, and he looked really good in both games.

As far as defence goes, clean sheets arent easy to come by, and are even harder to predict at the moment. I think people should go one of two ways with their defenders; cheap and regular starter, or attacking threat. Baines is obviously a big attacking threat, but i wouldnt rush to get him straight away. Id look at wisdom for either yoshida or cameron. Lovren is at home to hull this week so you may as well keep him and play him alongside naylor and a new addition. Id definitely be looking to offload him in the near future though

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Forster
    Baines, Chambers, Bertrand (Hutton, Moore)
    Silva, Siggy, ADM, Fabregas (Elmohamady)
    Pelle, Lukaku, Costa

I did 2FT and additionally change for -4 and 0.0 in bank.

Ullola, Balotelli, Schneiderlin -> Pelle, Lukaku, Elmohamady.

Here is ready squad for GW9. I really doubt about Silva and definitely its last chance to show off. But I still deeply believe and look for differences in private league.

I know Saints will have more difficult schedule in 4 gameweeks, so need to change Forster in few weeks I guess. Bertrand could assist anyway and Pelle is obvious.

Maybe I did mess with Elmohamady (could buy e.x. Obertan and save 0,5M).

What do you propose as next moves? I'm glad with my defence but midfielders... ADM -> Hazard? Silva -> Sterling? Liverpool looks poor for now, but Silva as well. Siggy + Fabs -> Hazard , Diame? It's plenty of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

kolczastyy wrote: »
    Forster
    Baines, Chambers, Bertrand (Hutton, Moore)
    Silva, Siggy, ADM, Fabregas (Elmohamady)
    Pelle, Lukaku, Costa

I did 2FT and additionally change for -4 and 0.0 in bank.

Ullola, Balotelli, Schneiderlin -> Pelle, Lukaku, Elmohamady.

Here is ready squad for GW9. I really doubt about Silva and definitely its last chance to show off. But I still deeply believe and look for differences in private league.

I know Saints will have more difficult schedule in 4 gameweeks, so need to change Forster in few weeks I guess. Bertrand could assist anyway and Pelle is obvious.

Maybe I did mess with Elmohamady (could buy e.x. Obertan and save 0,5M).

What do you propose as next moves? I'm glad with my defence but midfielders... ADM -> Hazard? Silva -> Sterling? Liverpool looks poor for now, but Silva as well. Siggy + Fabs -> Hazard , Diame? It's plenty of that...

Elmohamady... I guess you will regret that move soon. It would be better if you buy Obertan or Boyd. They are my favourite subs at the moment.

Lukaku is a good transfer I think (refering to Everton fixtures). It would be a great captain option.

If you want sell Silva, think about Spurs player. Eriksen/Chadli would be options. And Forster -> Lloris. Liverpool has decent fixtures so you should have their player. Henderson is 90 minutes guarantee. Sterling could rest after Madrid match. Coutinho/Lallana also options.

Cheers

This thread shows that, as people were predicting in the Matchday thread, the events of this week have thrown peoples teams up in the air a bit.

From very quiet transfers threads lately every man and his dog is now considering multiple options. Its bloody exhausting!

Having looked at multiple options where I was definitely getting Tadic, then definitely getting Baines, then definitely getting Eriksen I'm now thinking simply swapping Siggy to Tadic (which will require a change of keeper from Forster to either Howard or maybe even Sczesny). Have 2 FTs.

I'm basing this on Siggy being the worst performing of the template 4. Would like to give ADM and Sterling more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

This thread shows that, as people were predicting in the Matchday thread, the events of this week have thrown peoples teams up in the air a bit.

From very quiet transfers threads lately every man and his dog is now considering multiple options. Its bloody exhausting!

Having looked at multiple options where I was definitely getting Tadic, then definitely getting Baines, then definitely getting Eriksen I'm now thinking simply swapping Siggy to Tadic (which will require a change of keeper from Forster to either Howard or maybe even Sczesny). Have 2 FTs.

I'm basing this on Siggy being the worst performing of the template 4. Would like to give ADM and Sterling more time.

I think this GW could well be a defining GW when we look back on the fpl season. Majority of people are dropping one premium mid (Sterling/Fab/ADM), a lot are punting on Baines. Add Tadic/Pelle in to the equation. Ramsey is back now and a proper differential with a great set of fixtures. The Walcott factor. I'm loving this game right now. So many permutations and i can see a lot of differentiation in teams going forward. Fpl is at its worst for me when teams are overly-similar.

MR NINE wrote: »
    As you said yourself, your defence is awful. Cameron and yoshida arent playing, lovren is a liverpool defender and krul and coloccini play for newcastle. All these issues need addressing, so i wouldnt use a transfer to ditch hazard if i were you. Hazard tends to deliver in big games for chelsea, and they face a poor united defence this weekend, not a time to axe him imo. He scored against arsenal and assisted against city, and he looked really good in both games.

As far as defence goes, clean sheets arent easy to come by, and are even harder to predict at the moment. I think people should go one of two ways with their defenders; cheap and regular starter, or attacking threat. Baines is obviously a big attacking threat, but i wouldnt rush to get him straight away. Id look at wisdom for either yoshida or cameron. Lovren is at home to hull this week so you may as well keep him and play him alongside naylor and a new addition. Id definitely be looking to offload him in the near future though

Yeh Lovren has just the one week left but will try extract a little value out of him this week and then move him on! Only reason to ditch Hazard would be have the funds for Baines and I would fancy Baines & Chadli to outscore Hazard and Yoshida quite comfortably its not a transfer I would want to do otherwise Hazards time will no doubt come and with United then QPR having fairly obliging defenses then this could be his time! That basically just leaves the money already in defence to rearrange it which doesn't really give many options and none of them particularly attractive Wisdom looks OK for this week but fair from someone you want to be playing too often! I guess Yoshida, Lovren & Cameron > Wisdom, Alderweireld & Kaboul? Something like that. I wish we had a mini defender only wildcard so I can rip it up and start again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

manual_man wrote: »
    I think this GW could well be a defining GW when we look back on the fpl season. Majority of people are dropping one premium mid (Sterling/Fab/ADM), a lot are punting on Baines. Add Tadic/Pelle in to the equation. Ramsey is back now and a proper differential with a great set of fixtures. The Walcott factor. I'm loving this game right now. So many permutations and i can see a lot of differentiation in teams going forward. Fpl is at its worst for me when teams are overly-similar.

Yup. I'm thinking myself I'm going to avoid the Tadic route. It'll leave me with no Southampton attacking cover but if Welbeck can match or better Pelle then I'll be grand. I'll miss out on price rises and making cash but so be it. I'll probably go down the Baines route and I'll need to sell Sterling but at the moment his replacement won't be Tadic. This is all subject to change!!

manual_man wrote: »

Yeh it makes a great change to the clear template teams which have emerged in the last few years there seem to be so many more options this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

G1032 wrote: »
    Yup. I'm thinking myself I'm going to avoid the Tadic route. It'll leave me with no Southampton attacking cover but if Welbeck can match or better Pelle then I'll be grand. I'll miss out on price rises and making cash but so be it. I'll probably go down the Baines route and I'll need to sell Sterling but at the moment his replacement won't be Tadic. This is all subject to change!!

Similar mindset to myself. Have Welbeck also and have stayed away from Tadic/Pelle. Have already got in Baines myself and had to ditch Fab to do so. Sterling stays. Thankfully not for a hit. Things can go really any way though going forward. But definitely more interesting i think.

:)

G1032 wrote: »

Hard to argue with Tadic he has stayed under the radar but he has been putting up big numbers its just a shame he exploded the way he did now the secret is out!

Hard to argue with Tadic he has stayed under the radar but he has been putting up big numbers its just a shame he exploded the way he did now the secret is out!

Yeah his stats were fantastic, he was due a big week. I'd have had him in but was maxed out on Southampton players.

As I said my frustration of being a Liverpool supporter made me pull the trigger. That said, I was still was thinking along the lines of "if these other hams were half decent Sterling would have a bucket loads of FF points" , ...his bonus 2 speaks for itself

He is a necessity in my eyes, Liverpool need to score plenty as they concede plenty. Therefore there midfielders also score high (look at henderson and Gerrard' FF points too). Sterling is the point of all that is good.

Particularly when Sturridge comes back he is a must have in my eyes.
    To be honest, in that case, I'd be reassessing your required criteria for making a transfer rather than this one individually.

Never log onto the website, decide on a transfer, and make the transfer all in the one sitting.

There needs to be a stepaway period where you reevaluate and there should be no circumstances where you break that.

People who don't do that will frequently make mistakes. Realistically, you should be making your plans in the early stages of the previous gameweek, readjusting them based on what happens in the gameweek, but not actually pulling the trigger until the last possible minute where you won't suffer any negative impact from not making it earlier (price rises/drops etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

anybody else not adverse to aguero picking up an injury that will keep him out for 2\3 weeks :p

• Advertisement

Yeah his stats were fantastic, he was due a big week. I'd have had him in but was maxed out on Southampton players.

Yeh lots of value there right now. Considering the summer activity Koeman has done an incredible job.

Advertisement