Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Credit Card Service Refuse to Provide me with Copy of Lost/Stolen Card Letter

Options
  • 18-10-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I recently received a new BOI credit card, as a replacement card. Basically I received a statement in the post, the letter was opened and the envelope tampered with so naturally cancelled my card and requested a replacement card. I received a letter confirming this, however I have mis-laid the letter

Just called BOI Credit Card Services to request a copy of the letter I received. Staff were extremely unhelpful and quite rude. Their response to my request was 'We dont send copies of letters'. I asked why and she said 'because we don't'. Great excuse. Quite abhorred by the fact that your bank cannot deal with a simple customer request....Can you explain to me why you cannot just send me a copy of the letter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Zebrano wrote: »
    I recently received a new BOI credit card, as a replacement card. Basically I received a statement in the post, the letter was opened and the envelope tampered with so naturally cancelled my card and requested a replacement card. I received a letter confirming this, however I have mis-laid the letter

Just called BOI Credit Card Services to request a copy of the letter I received. Staff were extremely unhelpful and quite rude. Their response to my request was 'We dont send copies of letters'. I asked why and she said 'because we don't'. Great excuse. Quite abhorred by the fact that your bank cannot deal with a simple customer request....Can you explain to me why you cannot just send me a copy of the letter?
    Hi Zebrano,

Thanks for getting in touch on Boards.

Sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the response from our card services team. Please could I ask you to send a pm with your name and a contact phone number so that I can look into this for you?

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Thank you for your response Nicola. I will do that now.

Zebrano

PM sent to BOI Reps as I could not send it directly to you Nicola. I hope you get the PM.

Thanks

Zebrano

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Zebrano wrote: »
    PM sent to BOI Reps as I could not send it directly to you Nicola. I hope you get the PM.

Thanks

Zebrano
    Hi Zebrano,

Thanks, I replied to your PM.

Nicola

Hi Zebrano,

Thanks, I replied to your PM.

Nicola
    Still no phone call

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Zebrano,

Your details have been forwarded and a representative will be in touch with you. A callback generally takes 24/48 hours however, we would be unable to advise of the exact time you will be contacted. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement