Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I just buy fake tickets for Paolo Nutini?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought tickets on ebay for Paolo Nutini. It sold out months ago and I had to give almost double the price for tickets. I bought them and it turns out that they are only etickets and the seller name is different than the name on the tickets.

That made me a little suspicious so I asked the seller, they said her friend bought them for the both of them but they cant go now. Then I noticed another problem with the ticket. They went on sale months ago but on the ticket it says date of purchase 15OCT4, which seems like the 15th of October 2014, two days after I paid for the ticket and one day before I got them via email.

Does it seem like I got robbed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

They also say 3Arena even though it was still the O2 when tickets went on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Do you have an image of the tickets? (don't post it here!).

They should have logo's, terms and conditions and a barcode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Do you have an image of the tickets? (don't post it here!).

They should have logo's, terms and conditions and a barcode.

Yes I have the tickets, they have the logos, terms and barcode as well as the ticketmaster ads. It's just the date of purchase that's concerning me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ticketmaster tickets are super easy to scam. You can sell a legit ticket then tell em you lost it, invalidate the old one and get a new one. So even if the ticket is real, it may not be valid.

Unless somebody has a lot of good rep on a site I wouldn't bother even looking at tickets from them, too easy to lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

DylanII wrote: »
    Yes I have the tickets, they have the logos, terms and barcode as well as the ticketmaster ads. It's just the date of purchase that's concerning me.

Could that be the date they downloaded them off the ticketmaster site?

Just speculating with the above.. How's the seller's reputation on eBay and how many transactions have they made?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Chances are the tickets weren't printed until after the change of venue of name, tickets are usually posted out around a month or two before the event so I imagine they get printed just before they are posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

If they are fake and you can't get into gig, you will be refunded by paypal as gig is under 45 days from date you paid for them, provided you paid with paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

the date on an eticket is the date you print them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Last time i bought an eticket....i met the seller at the doors and waited till the girl had scanned it in, before I paid over the cash......too big a risk otherwise.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Almost certain the date is the date of print not date of purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

DylanII wrote: »
    Hi,

I just bought tickets on ebay for Paolo Nutini. It sold out months ago and I had to give almost double the price for tickets. I bought them and it turns out that they are only etickets and the seller name is different than the name on the tickets.

That made me a little suspicious so I asked the seller, they said her friend bought them for the both of them but they cant go now. Then I noticed another problem with the ticket. They went on sale months ago but on the ticket it says date of purchase 15OCT4, which seems like the 15th of October 2014, two days after I paid for the ticket and one day before I got them via email.

Does it seem like I got robbed?

I was at Jake Bugg last week in the Olympia. And the date of purchase on my ticket, was the day I actually printed the ticket. Not the date I bought the ticket
    Also Ticketmaster probably updated the ticket from the O2 to 3Arena before it's printed.
    I think it could be a legit ticket still...but I guess you never know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement