Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Desktop Code?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

will be buying an XPS 8700 shortly and wondering if there's any 10% discount codes floating about? i always seem to come across them when i don't need them...

update: got 10% coupon through a friend, so order now placed..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

smemon wrote: »
    will be buying an XPS 8700 shortly and wondering if there's any 10% discount codes floating about? i always seem to come across them when i don't need them...

I think it's 10% off at the moment if you spend over €999.

Would you ever consider building your own or even choosing your own components and having it assembled for a €50 charge or so from such sites as hardwareversand.de you'd get much better value this way. If you need help, the guys on the PC section of boards would be more than happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think it's 10% off at the moment if you spend over €999.

Would you ever consider building your own or even choosing your own components and having it assembled for a €50 charge or so from such sites as hardwareversand.de you'd get much better value this way. If you need help, the guys on the PC section of boards would be more than happy to help.

I could build my own but having looked in to it, i reckon there's little difference in price (not enough to make huge savings)... components for the particular model i'm looking at, if bought separately would come in about about €750-800... the XPS is costing €939 so for convenience it makes more sense, but a 10% discount would make it a no brainer hence the reason i ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ok, fair enough but you should be aware that it's pretty restrictive compared to building your own or even choosing a different make. It only has a 460watt PSU and can't be upgraded apparently.

What are you going to be using the PC for if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ok, fair enough but you should be aware that it's pretty restrictive compared to building your own or even choosing a different make. It only has a 460watt PSU and can't be upgraded apparently.

What are you going to be using the PC for if you don't mind me asking?

Everything apart from gaming. Heavy photoshop & illustrator work primarily along with some video editing...

If you can find a similar spec system off the shelf for the same price, i'm all ears :)

update: got 10% coupon through a friend, so happy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Anyone got any dell.ie discount codes at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement