Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for unemployment records

Options
  • 18-10-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

i'v started filling out an application form for a security job. problem is on one of the forms they are requesting my length of previous unemployment (if any) and also want me to sign allowing them to contact the social welfare so they can ask for my details.

can they legally do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They can if you sign.

I'm not sure why you're seeing it as a problem. For security work you generally need a ten year checkable work history, this is a way to let you get work even if you've been unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

i was just wondering. this is the first time i'v even been asked for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

carzony wrote: »
    i was just wondering. this is the first time i'v even been asked for it.

They can if you give permission.
    As an alternative social welfare will give you a stamped letter confirming periods of unemployment that you can get yourself.

Advertisement