Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle at the lane...

Options
  • 18-10-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hi all, first match of the season for me and first ever for my 4 year old son… looking forward to it immensely, both seeing eriksen in the flesh and abusing pardew. Hoping for a huge win with soldado getting something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hi all, first match of the season for me and first ever for my 4 year old son… looking forward to it immensely, both seeing eriksen in the flesh and abusing pardew. Hoping for a huge win with soldado getting something

Enjoy mate, can't quite beat the feeling of being at the lane :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this should be a win for us - i was very enouraged how we played against newcastle

soladao and kane to start :-)

no such luck , he will go with the big awkward lad who makes no effort at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

I will be spoilt for choice on who to abuse… it'll be either Pardew or Ade, depending upon how things are going and what I can get away with by the wife :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I will be spoilt for choice on who to abuse… it'll be either Pardew or Ade, depending upon how things are going and what I can get away with by the wife :eek:

Good luck at the game have is great trip both on and off the field.

In the interest of being fair I'd abuse pardew 51% of the game and Ade the other 49% myself lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Hopefully Pardew and Ade is on the bench with Kane and Soldado up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If we defend like we did last night we'll lose. Shocking defending from a premiership side. We'll either rip them apart or draw. And Kane has to start given his hat-trick, be a kick in the bóllocks otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't see Kane as the number 9.

He should be looking to compete for a role playing of Soldado.

This line-up against Newcastle

Eriksen - Kane - Lamela

Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I'd like to see Soldado get a run off games before Jan. Give him a chance to shine and if he fails off load in the window.

I didn't think Kane was up to it to be honest but he is scoring a wide range of goals and always seems to be in the box. Something Adebayor fails at. Hoping Kane can develope further and be a real home grown asset for us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Two up front please. Defo Kane and either Soldado/Adebyour. What ever your thoughts on Kane he is getting goals and has earned a first team starting spot unlike the other two. Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kane's earned a start imo. He played well yesterday, and he's taken his chances when given them.

I'm actually pretty confident about the game. Our defence was terrible yesterday, but we look good on the attack and if we can start burying some of the chances we make, we should be reasonably comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Spurs 3-1 Newcastle

Lamela,Eriksen and Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Newcastle should crumble like a cheap hooker but you could say the same about us half the time. ..

Thankfully Cisse is out.

Kane deserves to start. He just has to now. Hopefully Lamela kicks on too. God knows he's done **** all since the opening couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Win tomorrow and we are 3 points off 3rd with a decent enough run of games coming up to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Can't find any sign of the game on any of my channels on my gammy UPC setup... Anybody know if it's live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Not Live typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Not Live typical.

Ye it's annoying that they chose the other game alright. And surprising. Would have thought spurs v newcastle the "bigger" game.

Looking forward to the game though. Like mentioned above, I hope Kane starts. As a #10.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Morning all! Looking forward to a good win today. Anyone have a stream link for game?

Not Live typical.

Ah they have to show all the teams. It's better that they don't show our match today and show a better match later in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

slegs wrote: »
    Win tomorrow and we are 3 points off 3rd with a decent enough run of games coming up to Christmas

Yep. We have a good run coming up

Performances of late have raised my hopes and Kanes performances have completely changed my opinion of him

I'd love to see his start with soldado today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm a useless fecker.... Off to bed lads.. In a bit of a heatwave here in Brisbane so am wrecked, plus work in the morning.

Have a feeling we'll win by 3 goals but just can never tell with Spurs.

Footballstreaming.info is where i usually go for streams, just an FYI.

Enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Would like to see us playing well and getting three points. I would also like to see Kane starting.

Lloris, Dier, Kaboul (c), Vertonghen, Rose; Capoue, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor.

:eek::eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

:eek::eek::confused:

Odd alright, playing the striker who looks least likely to score out of the 3!!

He'll score a brace now watch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Poor decision by the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Streams?

I don't understand the decision to start Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't understand the decision to start Adebayor.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Odd alright, playing the striker who looks least likely to score out of the 3!!

He'll score a brace now watch

You could be right, 1-0 Ade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

ADE !!

Advertisement