Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle at the lane...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Yep absolutely terrible since Harry left since then our transfer market activity and tactics have been shocking.

-Never replaced Modric *Cough* Moutinho *Cough*
    -Selling Van Der Vaart
    -Changing our style to a hoofball team.
    -Playing stupid high line with players who can't defend ie Rose/Kaboul
    -Kaboul is finished the fact he is captain is an embarrassment to the club.

We sold Bale and replaced it with garbage.
    90 bloody million we could have bought Baines,a world class winger,playmaker and CB for that price.

We are essentially playing a 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMS we have no width and don't have the skill to break teams down

Just looking at how well Holtby is doing at Hamburg and even Siggurdson at Swansea sums us up we are the laughing stock of the league now.

Bloody joke we should have started with Soldado and Kane upfront regardless whether Ade scored or not we created nothing. Nobody has the heart for the shirt.

We're just a upper mid-table club for the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Soldado should have started, he played well last Saturday and linked up well, Ade offers nothing to the three playing off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

But is it a surprise lads? We were stuffed last week despite 1 or 2 good performances. Stuffed by liverpool, beaten by west brom. We have been shaky at the back all season, and don't have a decent center forward. And as someone said, we have no real leader, despite Kabouls best efforts.

1 or 2 odd team selections too. But not gonna hammer the manager, he's only in the door. He didn't pick the players when we spent 100+ million

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

New season, New manager, same old Tottenham

Feel for those that went today

They all deserve a refund

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Soldado should have started, he played well last Saturday and linked up well, Ade offers nothing to the three playing off him.

agree, probably would have started kane off soldado

• Advertisement

Good God that was bad....words fail me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Hatch99 wrote: »
    But is it a surprise lads? We were stuffed last week despite 1 or 2 good performances. Stuffed by liverpool, beaten by west brom. We have been shaky at the back all season, and don't have a decent center forward. And as someone said, we have no real leader, despite Kabouls best efforts.

1 or 2 odd team selections too. But not gonna hammer the manager, he's only in the door. He didn't pick the players when we spent 100+ million

No surprise sure we have been in decline for the last year since avb left. It's like there is no direction at the club, it's like Levy has gone ok we gave the cl a Cracking but it's not happening so we will just make do with a top ten finish from now on. It's sooooo frustrating supporting this club!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Starting with one up front to a shyte Newcastle team at home is bad management.

No surprise sure we have been in decline for the last year since avb left. It's like there is no direction at the club, it's like Levy has gone ok we gave the cl a Cracking but it's not happening so we will just make do with a top ten finish from now on. It's sooooo frustrating supporting this club!!!

hope your not just realizing that now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

No but he has said he is very happy with the squad. Completely out of his depth- quarter of the season in and we see nothing that poch has brought to spurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

hope your not just realizing that now :eek:

No mate, been supporting since 89, but this team is up there as one of the most uninspiring I've seen

Baldini's head should roll before the next transfer window, he cannot be in charge of recruiting for yet another window.

mickman wrote: »
    No but he has said he is very happy with the squad. Completely out of his depth- quarter of the season in and we see nothing that poch has brought to spurs

Unfortunately I tend to agree here, I do not see any difference in style to the AVB days. It is very worrying.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Unfortunately I tend to agree here, I do not see any difference in style to the AVB days. It is very worrying.

Sure he has no cv

Saints are flying high without him and espanyol ?give me a break

It's very likely that we will need a rescue begore end of the season like happened when Harry was given the job

Sure he has no cv

Saints are flying high without him and espanyol ?give me a break

It's very likely that we will need a rescue begore end of the season like happened when Harry was given the job

Yupp, what are the odds on Harry getting the boot at QPR and being our manager again by February haha. Worth a sneaky fiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭h2005

At the moment I can't see any improvement on last season. Actually I think we've regressed. Shouldn't be losing at home to Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The squad as a whole are weak, let's face it. We'll always be tagged as nearly men, Keane's quote summed us up perfectly.

Vertonghen & Kaboul will never be a good enough CB pairing.
    Ade FÚCK OFF YOU CÚNT
    There's no leaders, no body was vocal, perfect example was Dier today. Shambolic typical shítty Spurs performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Waiting in a half an hour queue in Stansted. Sick of spending hundreds of euro on an absolute pile of ****e. Heading to Everton and Burnley in the next couple of months and wondering if it'll be any different. Should be hammering Newcastle at home by 3 goals at least. Twice so far we've been walked over by a relegation team unless you want to count Sunderland and west ham, 4 teams if that's the case.

Getting to the stage were it's not just the manager it's just the team itself. Every player playing today was better than newcastles starting 11 and as usual we **** it up.

11 points after 9 games is a serious backwards move. That's not a dig at the team or manager but something has to change because it's bollox.

COYS

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The squad as a whole are weak, let's face it. We'll always be tagged as nearly men, Keane's quote summed us up perfectly.

Vertonghen & Kaboul will never be a good enough CB pairing.
    Ade FÚCK OFF YOU CÚNT
    There's no leaders, no body was vocal, perfect example was Dier today. Shambolic typical shítty Spurs performance.

It's so similar to when Harry took over - we are the same soft Nancy boys as we were then

The likes of poch / wenger( in his last few seasons) don't seem to understand the need for a few players who are full of grit / passion and desire . They don't seem to understand the need for balance and width either

Harry saw this the second he joined and our success at that stage was in no small part to palacios and Scott Parker - this allowed our wingers to bomb forward

We are busy falling over each other as we have no width , same as arsenal except they are much better

It's so similar to when Harry took over - we are the same soft Nancy boys as we were then

The likes of poch / wenger( in his last few seasons) don't seem to understand the need for a few players who are full of grit / passion and desire . They don't seem to understand the need for balance and width either

Harry saw this the second he joined and our success at that stage was in no small part to palacios and Scott Parker - this allowed our wingers to bomb forward

We are busy falling over each other as we have no width , same as arsenal except they are much better

Totally agree, Parker was that player ,even though we acquired him in his twilight years, like Davids. Those type of players are invaluable. Kieron Dyer spoke of a Parker team talk at half time on one to eleven. Brought the hairs up in the back of your neck.

Seriously today was no suprise

• Advertisement

Totally agree, Parker was that player ,even though we acquired him in his twilight years, like Davids. Those type of players are invaluable. Kieron Dyer spoke of a Parker team talk at half time on one to eleven. Brought the hairs up in the back of your neck.

Seriously today was no suprise

capoue is not that player, he wont have the drive of an english CM

We are lost lads ,we really are. I thought that we did well against city but it appears now that city were actually on a very bad run ( cska / west ham) yet they still beat us easily enough in the end so it wasnt that we were good - its that city were very poor

I fear for the rest of the season - when poch gets interviewed he just shrugs and says "this is football" - he never seems like he is going to go mad at the players when they play bad - he is like their buddy rather than the manager. He has no answers and seems to think that it will all be ok - i would say he is now one of the favourites to get the chop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Even though his legs are gone I still miss Scotty deeply.. passion,determination,heart,never die attitude...extremely underrated player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

On the train back to stanstead, spineless clueless performance. Zero creativity on the pitch and we need an entire back four. Dier, has nice touches but cant defend and has no pace.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    On the train back to stanstead, spineless clueless performance. Zero creativity on the pitch and we need an entire back four. Dier, has nice touches but cant defend and has no pace.

that must have been awful to attend :-)

I think i might skip my trip over this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

God that must have been bad, I hope I am wrong but alarm bells wrang when pooch stood over a 4 year deal for rose

I really feel Pochettino "is the manager for us". At this point, I don't think I can take another appointment. I want this manager to have a proper crack at it, with backing. I'll gladly take the up's and downs for a few season's with this manager. Levy needs to show faith in him.

I really feel Pochettino "is the manager for us". At this point, I don't think I can take another appointment. I want this manager to have a proper crack at it, with backing. I'll gladly take the up's and downs for a few season's with this manager. Levy needs to show faith in him.

I can't stomach another appointment either but we would have been better sticking with sherwood and waiting for the right man to come along

I can't stomach another appointment either but we would have been better sticking with sherwood and waiting for the right man to come along

We could appoint Guardiola. Won't make a difference, board need to back "A" manager. Even if we made the CL, we'd be made a holy show of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

4 4 2
    Wingers who get to the corner flag and get the ball into the box
    Soldado actually in the box
    Runners from deep arriving late in the box
    **** off with the high line cause we don't have the defenders for it
    If poch realises these things soon he might still have a chance of being manager after Christmas. If not...........,

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    4 4 2
    Wingers who get to the corner flag and get the ball into the box
    Soldado actually in the box
    Runners from deep arriving late in the box
    **** off with the high line cause we don't have the defenders for it
    If poch realises these things soon he might still have a chance of being manager after Christmas. If not...........,

4 4 2 from a foreign manager? not a hope I am afraid unfortunately.

Advertisement