Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle at the lane...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial · 2h 2 hours ago
    "@YounsKabs4: We were not focused at the start of the 2nd half. At 1-1 we tried to push but they scored and then our confidence went down."

That's our captain speaking. Confidence? Playing a rampant Newcastle side, says it all. We're we playing Munich or Madrid today? Fúck me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial · 2h 2 hours ago
    "@YounsKabs4: We were not focused at the start of the 2nd half. At 1-1 we tried to push but they scored and then our confidence went down."

That's our captain speaking. Confidence? Playing a rampant Newcastle side, says it all. We're we playing Munich or Madrid today? Fúck me?

why weren't they focused ? Do they not understand a game is 90 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Scott Parker. Come on now lads. He used to get dizzy on the ball.

The problem is having a director of football. You can't have a manager using players he didn't buy. Did we not learn from commoli?

We'll see in January if poch is being backed. He wanted scheinderlin and Rodriguez because they implement his system. None of these players do. If he gets 4 or 5 out and 2 or 3 in he's being backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »
    that must have been awful to attend :-)

I think i might skip my trip over this season

Painful.

Scott Parker. Come on now lads. He used to get dizzy on the ball.

The problem is having a director of football. You can't have a manager using players he didn't buy. Did we not learn from commoli?

We'll see in January if poch is being backed. He wanted scheinderlin and Rodriguez because they implement his system. None of these players do. If he gets 4 or 5 out and 2 or 3 in he's being backed.

He was outstanding in his first season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

So you want the manager sacked after a handful of games??? Fcuk off lads. At least wait until he has his own team on the pitch and then judge him. I reckon he'd have 5/6 of today's team max if he had his way... Give the bloke a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    So you want the manager sacked after a handful of games??? Fcuk off lads. At least wait until he has his own team on the pitch and then judge him. I reckon he'd have 5/6 of today's team max if he had his way... Give the bloke a chance

+1

Read an article earlier comparing it to Rodgers first season at Lpool. Give the manager time to bring in his players who suit his system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You make a very good point, sacking the manager would do nothing. Lets hope he gets the players he wants and not plan b signings like Stambouli.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    You make a very good point, sacking the manager would do nothing. Lets hope he gets the players he wants and not plan b signings like Stambouli.

But he needs to be backed. He missed out on his 2 targets this summer, need to ensure he gets who he wants next summer, along with getting rid of a handful of the rubbish we have. We need a dominating figure down the spine, centre half, central midfield and centre forward. Jan has the ability to fill one of those gaps but his heads up his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

But he needs to be backed. He missed out on his 2 targets this summer, need to ensure he gets who he wants next summer, along with getting rid of a handful of the rubbish we have. We need a dominating figure down the spine, centre half, central midfield and centre forward. Jan has the ability to fill one of those gaps but his heads up his hole.

The Belgians we have seem to think they're better than they are. Don't think poch wants vert, dembele, Paulinho, townsend, lennon or soldado at least.

He's either not implementing his high pressure pressing game or the players aren't. I'd think it's the latter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

For a club with ambitions to finish in the top 8 we sure our going about it the wrong way.

We know our top 4 and top 6 finishes are not an aspiration of the board anymore but surely it's not too much for the fans to expect us to beat the only club in the epl that's more of a joke than us, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I don't think anyone WANTS the manager sacked but it's what we are half expecting or are accustomed to...

It won't make a blind bit of difference if we got a new one in.

The players need to take responsibility. It can't be the coach and management's fault all the time can it.

Harry pulled them up on it when we used to lose daft games under him at WHL.

But under AVB and TS they were gutless too. Now its the same under Poch.

But most of those players under HR are gone... Gallas, Dawson, BAE, Corluka, Jenas, Hudd ..... they took the blame but the gutless performances and results are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I dont understand how but Spurs have got me speechless. Thought I'd be accustomed to these results.

Thank Christ I didn't stay up to watch the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Jayus that was a painful trip.

Went with great expections of a home win.

Come away with the usual WTF did I see.

No passion, No Guile and No Guts.

Cabella ran our backs all over the place.

When Pardew put Sissoko into a destroyer in midfield, there was no reaction from our Manager.

I was stunned by his lack of reaction or any ability to see what what going on :(

Look what Koeman has done for Southampton in the same time as we have had with Pochettino. ( yeah I know we beat em )

Dressing room door should have been locked with them all inside to have a look at each other and everyone's performance.

I wonder has the dressing room ALREADY turned on Pochettino

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Southampton have started well, but lets see where they finish. Don't jump on the managers back, support him ffs, he's in the job 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

God that must have been bad, I hope I am wrong but alarm bells wrang when pooch stood over a 4 year deal for rose

Rose was our best player yesterday...

He was decent i thought yesterday, he is a solid unit of a man. Kaboul was getting pretty annoyed with some of the home support yesterday, plenty of gesturing at the end. We were so lifeless and our hopeless defensive play shows no signs of improving. Every manager in the PL will fancy scoring a few against us at home.
    The lack of width didnt help us and there was zero movement when any of our midfielders were on the ball, everyone waiting for someone else to do something. Our best spell was just after they scored where we seemed to have a bit of urgency, after they got the winner though, we just folded. Same old tottenham, a weak club from top to bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Hard to know what to say about Spurs in recent years. Since Harry was convinced by the media he was heading for the England job its been all down hill. I don't think we should get rid of Poch unless we are in danger of relegation, which I don't expect to happen.

I really think we have to sell some of the crap we have in January and buy some battle hardened skillfull premier league players. It may cost a bit but will cost more if we don't imo.

It seems we are heading back to the crap mediocrity we were before Levy and Lewis took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

As far as I see it money talks. As long as we are not willing to spend as much as the big boys for players Spurs cant compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Jayus, well if that the case then it sums up why we are a few points above relegation with 11 points from 9 games,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Jayus, well if that the case then it sums up why we are a few points above relegation with 11 points from 9 games,

Why do people give Rose such grief, he's been pretty good this season, much better than he was under Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Why do people give Rose such grief, he's been pretty good this season, much better than he was under Tim

+1

Glebee wrote: »
    As far as I see it money talks. As long as we are not willing to spend as much as the big boys for players Spurs cant compete.

30 million on lamela. 100 million spent last summer

Can hardly say we don't spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Harry Kane made as many touches in the box in 6 minutes against Newcastle (4) than Adebayor managed in 83 minutes.

Harry Kane made as many touches in the box in 6 minutes against Newcastle (4) than Adebayor managed in 83 minutes.

Very odd that Adebayor started ahead of both Kane and Soldado... surely the pair of them deserve a chance together?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

mickman wrote: »
    30 million on lamela. 100 million spent last summer

Can hardly say we don't spend

Did not see anybody else forming a queue for these players... Maybe its not to availability of funds but the wage structure thats the problem.The money was buring a hole in the clubs pockets and we bought the first over priced players that came along. I know its easy to say now. I was a excited as anybody at the time

Very odd that Adebayor started ahead of both Kane and Soldado... surely the pair of them deserve a chance together?

Very very odd, he was useless. Seen soldado giving Kane a slap on the back and some words of encouragement before he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

The biggest difference is that the proper players that other teams want will soon want to get off the ship. Vertonghen already and surely only a matter of time before Lloris goes. The two players of genuine class that Spurs have. I think Pochettino is getting a new style into spurs, lots of quick, one touch passes changing the angle of attack. Will take time to get it working and effective. Whether he will get that time, I dont know. He needs goalscorers and defenders for it to work. Spurs are a rotten club mentally and have been since Venables. A streak of insecurity runs through the place. It would take more an a good manager to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

long day at the Lane yesterday,up since 4am back @10pm we started well but didnt get the all important 2nd goal,2nd half so depressing,our right back to arrive on pitch last second and be caught for goal,Adebeyor should go-no effort, I would play soldado and Kane .Pochettino wasnt backed by board,very average palyers in the team.No heart in this team,3pts above relegation.we have no width so very easy to defend against.Its going to be a very long season.
    Positive of the day was daughter been a flag bearer to commerate Bill Nicholson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

spursman11 wrote: »
    long day at the Lane yesterday,up since 4am back @10pm we started well but didnt get the all important 2nd goal,2nd half so depressing,our right back to arrive on pitch last second and be caught for goal,Adebeyor should go-no effort, I would play soldado and Kane .Pochettino wasnt backed by board,very average palyers in the team.No heart in this team,3pts above relegation.we have no width so very easy to defend against.Its going to be a very long season.
    Positive of the day was daughter been a flag bearer to commerate Bill Nicholson.

Good summary - I can't be arsed going anymore myself - fair play to you for going. We're a broken club.

Advertisement