Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buchanan Clarke wells

Options
  • 17-10-2014 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Could any tell me what effects your credit? Is it just banks and other lending companies or does esb, vodafone bills etc have an effect also?

I also just wondering if GE Money has deleted al history it has given to irish credit bureau?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hunter333

Hi. Just wondering if anybody knows what exactly effects your credit rating. Is it just lending companies such as banks and lending companies? Or does ESB VodaFone or any phone company or debt collector agency effect credit rating?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hunter333 wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anybody knows what exactly effects your credit rating. Is it just lending companies such as banks and lending companies? Or does ESB VodaFone or any phone company or debt collector agency effect credit rating?

Thanks

The only organisations which can effect your ICB credit rating are those listed here:

http://www.icb.ie/membership.php

Iv been getting letters send to me by Buchanan Clarke and wells in relation to Vodafone bill. I do owe Vodafone money but I just hadn't the money and I want to pay it back monthly but Vodafone said it was out of there hand. It was then passed on to Hugh J Ward but everytime I rang it was a receptionist I was getting and to ring back. I could pay it on there website but I wanted to talk to someone. Now it's gone to Buchanan Clarke wells and now I'm worried about what happens next. Are they a genuine company? Plus will it effect my credit rating.

Tks for dat. Having bother with debt collection agency at the min. I'm just worried dat it will effect my credit rating as I'm in process of trying for mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Buchanan Clarke Wells = BCW, a trading name that seems to be cropping up here a lot. They are a debt collection company. http://www.dataprotection.ie/registry-details/5271%2FA.htm

Your debt won't affect your ICB credit rating which is the bureau used by banks, credit unions and other financial services. However there are a number of other credit bureaux which you may end up on and may affect other phone contracts.

• Advertisement

Could a judgement be taking against me do you know? I do want to pay it but only through Vodafone themselfs. Tks for ur reply

Could a judgement be taking against me do you know? I do want to pay it but only through Vodafone themselfs. Tks for ur reply
    They can only get a judgement if they take you to court and win. In Ireland that's an expensive process so unless your debt is large it's unlikely to happen.
    If you want to pay Vodafone then apparently there's not much a debt collector can do about it.

Tks for al ur help. It's around €900 which I don't have but am willing to make a offer. Will any of this effect my credit rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hunter33 - You have created multiple threads on the same topic across different forums. This is not recommended on Boards. I've merged together the similar threads you created across the Biz category.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 69,056 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tks for al ur help. It's around €900 which I don't have but am willing to make a offer. Will any of this effect my credit rating?

If they obtain a judgement, it can have an impact on your ICB rating

It will already have had an impact on the private credit rating agencies.

• Advertisement

I take it the ICB isn't private? I haven't clue bout any of this. Just really worried as applying for mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Tks for dat. Having bother with debt collection agency at the min. I'm just worried dat it will effect my credit rating as I'm in process of trying for mortgage
    I take it the ICB isn't private? I haven't clue bout any of this. Just really worried as applying for mortgage

No point in applying for mortgage unless you have 15/20% of purchase price in savings, which is well in excess of the €900 you own them, why not use pay them and solve the problem,

• Registered Users Posts: 69,056 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its owned by the banks

If you don't have 900 quid for a phone bill you aren't going to get a mortgage.

I do av a deposit for mortgage but as I said in another comment I'd prefer to deal directly with Vodafone but they kept passing on to Hugh j ward and now it's gone to Buchanan Clarke and wells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you want to pay this then you can pay it by simply getting an old bill for the same account and paying money off it every week. is the account the money is owed on still active with Vodafone or have they effectively written off the debt and closed the account? How long ago was the debt accrued?

I'm not sure if account is active the number is no longer in use if dat helps. The debt accured year and half ago or more. It could be closer to 2 years.

I'm not sure if account is active the number is no longer in use if dat helps. The debt accured year and half ago or more. It could be closer to 2 years.
    I doubt it matters if the account is active, it'll still be on file.
    If Vodafone refuse to accept payment then why not go ahead and pay BCW. It might not be your preference but ultimately you want the matter closed as a €900 debt is a potential court case.

Mod note: OP, please refrain from using text speak. It's against the forum charter.

Advertisement