Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career progression after being a Social Care Worker

Options
  • 19-10-2014 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi I'm currently a Social Care Worker, I've been working in this position for 7years.I'm looking for a career change. I've been looking at Masters courses but can't figure out what I want to move on to. Has anyone gone from this position onto something else? Any advise?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If you can't figure out what you want to do, its hard to give any advice. Maybe have a think about the reasons you want to change away from your current job? It might give you an idea of where you want to go

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

I'm looking at speech therapy or play therapy... I'd like to do a one year masters or a course to change career.

If you can't figure out what you want to do, its hard to give any advice. Maybe have a think about the reasons you want to change away from your current job? It might give you an idea of where you want to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

You could look into a Masters in Social Work. You have a lot of experience in the area and Social Workers are paid much better than Social Care Workers and also work 9 to 5 instead of 24 hour shifts.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    You could look into a Masters in Social Work. You have a lot of experience in the area and Social Workers are paid much better than Social Care Workers and also work 9 to 5 instead of 24 hour shifts.

Yes I'll look into this

Car revving up to 3000rpm on its own

• Advertisement

Car revving up to 3000rpm on its own

Advertisement