Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4S and iOS8

• 19-10-2014 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

My wife's 4S is still running iOS6 as she felt it was working perfectly and never felt the need to upgrade to 7 but not that 8 is out she can no longer download apps as they're all designed for 8 so she's considering updating. Can those of you running iOS8 on 4S advise on how your phones are behaving/performing since updating.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

My wife's 4S is still running iOS6 as she felt it was working perfectly and never felt the need to upgrade to 7 but not that 8 is out she can no longer download apps as they're all designed for 8 so she's considering updating. Can those of you running iOS8 on 4S advise on how your phones are behaving/performing since updating.

TIA.

I upgraded to iOS 8 and the phone preforms alot more sluggish and slow, I downgraded back to iOS 7 a few hours later. iOS8 made me want buy a new phone it was that much of a downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Don’t. It’s not worth the sacrifice in performance. Once she upgrades she won’t be able to go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

this is causing a problem for anyone wanting to sell an 4s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thanks everyone. She's out of contract so can upgrade to a 6 if she wanted but like says above the 4S isn't very desirable anymore but she should be able to sell it for enough to cover the cost of upgrading (with Three)

Advertisement