Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late mortgage payment so refused a loan.

Options
  • 19-10-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My salary was going to go into my account the day after my mortgage was due to come out.  I didn;t have enough money in the account to cover my mortgage payment.  I phoned BOI mortgages to explain and was advised to do nothing as the mortgage would be taken out 12 days after the first attempt.  This was fine.  However, a few weeks later I tried to apply for a home improvement loan and was refused on the grounds that I missed a mortgage payment.  Is there anything I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You should have had the money ready for the payment. It's not like they are lying about what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fabisma

If they'd told me that it would affect my credit rating I would have made sure money was available through other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

fabisma wrote: »
    If they'd told me that it would affect my credit rating I would have made sure money was available through other means.
    That's common knowledge though. You can't have a mortgage and not know that you can't miss payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fabisma

GarIT wrote: »
    That's common knowledge though. You can't have a mortgage and not know that you can't miss payments.
    It wasn't missed, it was late.  And I was advised by the lender to let it be late rather than find the funds to cover it for a day.  Do you have anything helpful to contribute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

My salary was going to go into my account the day after my mortgage was due to come out.  I didn;t have enough money in the account to cover my mortgage payment.  I phoned BOI mortgages to explain and was advised to do nothing as the mortgage would be taken out 12 days after the first attempt.  This was fine.  However, a few weeks later I tried to apply for a home improvement loan and was refused on the grounds that I missed a mortgage payment.  Is there anything I can do about this?
    Hi fabisma,

Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland. 

Sorry to hear your application for this Loan was refused. In this case, you can appeal this decision on your Home Improvement Loan application. To do this, please contact a Lending Advisor in your branch and they can look into this for you. Alternatively you can send this appeal in writing to your branch. 

Please find the contact details for your branch here 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement