Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two DNS addressess

Options
  • 19-10-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭

If this question isn't allowed..apologies...

Is it possible for the the eircom router to issue different DNS addresses to different devices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

More of a "Broadband" question. If you want different DNS on a machine just go in and set it up on the TCP/IP settings of the computer in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

my3cents wrote: »
    More of a "Broadband" question. If you want different DNS on a machine just go in and set it up on the TCP/IP settings of the computer in question.

Thanks for the quick response.

Doesn't work if the device cannot be assigned a static addresses though.

It does, you can have a fixed DNS on a PC and still get the IP address via DHCP.

It does, you can have a fixed DNS on a PC and still get the IP address via DHCP.

But if you can't give the device a fixed DNS address either?

Leave the router to assign the IP addresses and set the DNS you want on each PC.

325716.jpg

• Advertisement

OK missed the obvious question what device?

Leave the router to assign the IP addresses and set the DNS you want on each PC.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/714252/325716.jpg

Thanks, but it's not a PC, it's devices that you cannot assign static IP or DNS addresses

Internet Radio / Freesat Box

Can't be done off an eircom router but I can't think of any device that won't take a static IP info one way or another, but I'm sure someone will think of one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Can't be done off an eircom router but I can't think of any device that won't take a static IP info one way or another, but I'm sure someone will think of one :)

HI Mr.Crinklewood

Eircom do not support this but there are no rules advising this can't be done at your own discretion.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement