Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidents on Mallow Road

Options
  • 19-10-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Bad crash this morning on Mallow Road, between Dinos and the Topaz station. Happened at 5 or 6am this morn, head on collision berseen Volkswagen Tourareg & a Golf. Roof had to be cut off the Tourareg.

Road closed from McDonalds @ Noel Deasy Motors all the way up to Dinos. Traffic coming from Limerick/Mallow being diverted up Old Mallow Road.

Nothing on the news about it yet.

Edit: It was one crash that happened, not two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I was just about to put up a post asking why was this road closed. I was headed up from Mallow to see the county football final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh but had to turn back in Blackpool when I ran into this tailback.
    Hope whoever was involved is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

lukin wrote: »
    I was just about to put up a post asking why was this road closed. I was headed up from Mallow to see the county football final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh but had to turn back in Blackpool when I ran into this tailback.
    Hope whoever was involved is OK.
    The fact there has been nothing about it on the news is leading me to believe there might have been a fatality. Could be a case of the guards informing all next of kin before releasing information to media. Hope I'm wrong on that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

There's a picture up on the 'garda checkpoints cork' page. Looks pretty bad ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There was another accident on Thomas Davis St, outside O'Shea's Pharmacy yesterday. Two cars involved. Didn't look great either.

Hope everyone is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its not a dangerous stretch of road so either the driver of the car was drinking or joyriding or a joyrider crashed into the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

6 people injured.
    Two car collision.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/six-injured-in-two-car-crash-in-cork-292087.html
    Used to live just up from here 6 years ago, always been notorious for joyriding.

The junction here is so wide, I reckon you'd nearly have to be aiming for someone to actually hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

one of the vehicles flipped a number of times before coming to rest.
    All six people in the two vehicles were taken to Cork University Hospital with what gardaí called minor injuries.
    Jaysus! That's very fortunate.

Advertisement