Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero balance, but claim that bill isn't paid?

Options
  • 19-10-2014 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I received an email from Eircom claiming that our most recent bill payment was unable to be processed, due to either a change of information or submitting incorrect information during payment. No personal information has been changed, and since we have Direct Debit set up, I can't see how any such error could occur.

Additionally, when I log in to My Eircom, it says our balance is zero, and confirms on the bill analysis that it was paid successfully.

So, first of all, is this email genuine, and secondly why did we receive it when all other indications on My Eircom say the payment was successful.

Also, we recently signed up for a 'reward' to keep us as customers, whereby we could receive €10 off our first 6 bills. However, having received two such bills, no discount was applied to either of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Virtanen wrote: »
    Hi there,

I received an email from Eircom claiming that our most recent bill payment was unable to be processed, due to either a change of information or submitting incorrect information during payment. No personal information has been changed, and since we have Direct Debit set up, I can't see how any such error could occur.

Additionally, when I log in to My Eircom, it says our balance is zero, and confirms on the bill analysis that it was paid successfully.

So, first of all, is this email genuine, and secondly why did we receive it when all other indications on My Eircom say the payment was successful.

Also, we recently signed up for a 'reward' to keep us as customers, whereby we could receive €10 off our first 6 bills. However, having received two such bills, no discount was applied to either of them.
    Hi Virtanen

Please feel free to PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PMed you yesterday, still no reply all day today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Virtanen wrote: »
    PMed you yesterday, still no reply all day today
    Apologies for the delays Virtanen

I can confirm that the email you received was sent in error and there is in fact no issues with your payments and the direct debit in place remains to be.

I'm sorry to see that a discount was not applied to your account, Unfortunately I will be unable to apply a continuing discount however should you contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 or via webchat: [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact they will be able to apply the discount which should have been applied in August.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al
    [/font]

Advertisement