Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toaster Oven

Options
  • 19-10-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Anybody have a good toaster oven ? They arent too popular in ireland it seems, but the idea appeals to me for making sandwitches, pizzas and all that jazz. I aleady have a fan oven/grill so im not sure if theres too much of an overlap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

I was looking into one for my Mum, as she did not want to be turning the main oven on just for herself. looked into a lot of them. and decided on this one http://www.lakeland.co.uk/17171/Lakeland-Mini-Oven, its not so big, only 18lt, but she loves it, great for baking soda's, mid pizzas, roasts for 2. and cheap to run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I had one when i was doing my Masters and lived in residences that didn't have an oven. The first one i had was from ALDI. IT was good but it died after about 8 months of heavy use. Admittedly very heavy use by 5 people who didn't have a regular oven. The second one we got was from argos, the cookworks brand but not the cheapest one. Can't remember more then this. It worked good for the time we had it and we left it behind when we moved out as none of us had a place for it so i don't know how long it lasted.

I found them great and if i had the room in my kitchen i would definitely get one again. It heats up much faster then a regular oven and it way more energy efficient. If you are cooking for one or 2 people then it is perfect to cook meals. Any more and you wouldn't get everything in. I was able to get a small chicken and roasted veg in easily to my one.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We got a wee Aldi oven on impulse. I reckon it's paid for itself already with not having to turn the main oven on. It sits on top of the microwave so it doesn't even take up any space.

It doesn't do everything the main oven does, but that's why we still have a main oven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

ahayes84 wrote: »
    I had one when i was doing my Masters and lived in residences that didn't have an oven. The first one i had was from ALDI. IT was good but it died after about 8 months of heavy use. Admittedly very heavy use by 5 people who didn't have a regular oven. The second one we got was from argos, the cookworks brand but not the cheapest one. Can't remember more then this. It worked good for the time we had it and we left it behind when we moved out as none of us had a place for it so i don't know how long it lasted.

I found them great and if i had the room in my kitchen i would definitely get one again. It heats up much faster then a regular oven and it way more energy efficient. If you are cooking for one or 2 people then it is perfect to cook meals. Any more and you wouldn't get everything in. I was able to get a small chicken and roasted veg in easily to my one.
    I think that's the one I have. I got it after my main oven packed in and I love it, it heats up really quickly and is just big enough to get a chicken in.

Advertisement