Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 11 "beautiful" girls on The Saturday Night Show Last Night.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I would consider that one of them was 24 stone at one point that's morbidly obese. 2 to 3 points over your bmi max anything else your just making stuff up. And you would really need to look into your diet.

My point was that's one of them - it's the blanketing of them as a whole as morbidly obese, etc that doesn't add up. The figure on your one in those two pictures is outrageous, but then we're not attributing what she looks like to the rest of them either are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Also have a look at comments about Reilly as Minister for Health. Or John Prescott in the UK. Or Eric Pickles, the new fat idiot for the "satirists" to use centuries-old jokes about. Look at any footballer with 10 pounds on him covering a 6-pack being called a fat bastard or a pudding.

'Fat' Frank Lampard - one of the fittest footballers to ever play the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Billy86 wrote: »
    My point was that's one of them - it's the blanketing of them as a whole as morbidly obese, etc that doesn't add up. The figure on your one in those two pictures is outrageous, but then we're not attributing what she looks like to the rest of them either are we?

The picture on the fist page of this thread clearly shows them all massively over their bmi. Not a bit not a few points but massively. I have no problem with people wanting to feel sexy or what ever that's completely up to them. But when the bmi is brought up you cant get away from the facts it's not healthy at all. I am 1 point over my bmi an am starting to really think on getting it back down. Being pretty and being overweight i think is a separate issue, As a lot of people will use the “well if you don't think they are pretty you must think they are fat” and fat = unattractive. Not the case fat = Unhealthy.

BMI is an outdated concept.

Beefy78 wrote: »

What do you want us to use then ? Judgement ? And do you have any proof that it's out-dated ? body shapes may change but being layered in fat does not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Only if it comes to measuring top athletes. For most of the population it's a fine indicator to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What do you want us to use then ? Judgement ? And do you have any proof that it's out-dated ? body shapes may change but being layered in fat does not.

BMI is indeed outdated.
    There is a better option.
    The CLHDSH test which can be carried out with little equipment and is surprisingly accurate.

mikom wrote: »
    BMI is indeed outdated.
    The CLHDSH test which can be carried out with little equipment and is surprisingly accurate.

Google has never heard of that links ?

As gordongekko mentioned, an athlete would be considered overweight using BMI as a measure. I see the Leinster lads most days and most of them must be pushing 30 on the BMI scale.

Scales are pointless anyway. People know if they're overweight or not and you know looking at other people whether they're overweight or not. Obsessing over a decades old scale seems completely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I wonder was it meant to be "CHILDISH", with the I taken out - CHLDSH? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote: »
    BMI is indeed outdated.

The CLHDSH test Also known as the Can't Lift Her Don't Shift Her test.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

FactCheck wrote: »
    Lol, I didn't mean "man aging and metabolism", it was "man, aging and metabolism" as in, oh man, that aging.
    "Man aging" still works for me. :D
    First of all, I would consider being "a stone or so" heavier at 40 than you were at 25 gaining weight. You seem to be suggesting above that that's not what you're talking about? If so, we may not actually disagree. My point is that a lot of 25 years old will have BMIs of 24ish living a "typical" lifestyle and that if they keep that lifestyle up they will gain one or two stone by the time they're 40. That will make them overweight.
    To be fair a stone is not much at all. The examples of early onset middle age spread I've seen were packing quite a few stones.
    I guess this is the war of the anecdotes, as I also have seen a lot of friends go from teens to middle age, and the reality is that the typical Irish little-bit-of-exercise, lots-of-pints-and-takeaways - most people can get away with that in while they're under 25. Over 25, not so much.

Ask any poster here who's a few years over 25. Can they party as hard as they could five years ago? Hell to the no. Hangovers are worse, they are tired more easily.
    Depends on the individual too. EG I rarely, very rarely get hangovers and would have partied harder in my 30's than in my 20's.
    Do you do much competitive sport? The 35 year olds cannot keep up with the 25 year olds on the exact same level of training. They couldn't keep up with their old selves either. With each passing year, maintaining or surpassing a PB takes more and more effort and training. Likewise recovering from injuries. The old body just can't take the same treatment. It's all very well to say "well testosterone is only dropping by etc and hormones you know etc". The reality is that you can't do at 35 what you could at 25. That's as true if you're Brian O'Driscoll or if you're wheezing around a 10K.
    If you'd said 40 or 45 I'd have agreed with you, but averaging all sports(there's quite the bit of variability) 25-35 is the peak. The average distance runner's age is within that. Pro cyclists aren't far off that. Ironman winners cluster around the mid 30's.
    I think it would be as churlish of me to object to that as it would be if I objected to the fact that he is balding at a rate of knots.
    Balding is not comparable to weight gain(though seems to be brought up in such debates). Short of hair transplants or dodgy unguents it's a done deal, genetically determined and pretty much nothing to be done about it. Developing a beer gut is a very different deal. It's pretty much self inflicted and can be reversed.
    He's not 18 any more. I'd be a muppet if I expected him to look the same.
    Agreed, but I'd expect some level of effort(as you say) to look and feel their best for their age and genetic potential(some people naturally age faster and others slower).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

These girls are fat and look like the thick ankled gals going to weddings all over Ireland with their fake tans and bulging out of their frocks and telling everyone their on a diet and everyone thinking "it's not working" or you just strated yesterday or its the Derek Davis see food diet etc.
    Fat, not bad looking girls but fat and not models really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

The vast majority of fat people are fat because they are lazy and have poor diets. So there is no excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 _asdfghjkl_

Def like 70%+ diet as well (30%- exercise), calories in calories out, simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Photo too big to upload :P

Didn't see it, but am generally irritated by the "big and beautiful" rubbish we have to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Rough the lot of them.
    I probably would do the redhead though, but I do seem to have some form of addiction where redheads are concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Nothing worse than a flatso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Rough the lot of them.
    I probably would do the redhead though, but I do seem to have some form of addiction where redheads are concerned!

Me to. Roll her in flour and look for the wet patch me thinks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Each to their own, if they are comfortable in their own skin then thats all that matters really.

I personally would prefer to see more natural models, the 8 - 12 size, the type that have a normal body with curves and not photoshopped to bits. I really find a lot of models to be sickly thin and that doesn't nothing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Rough the lot of them.
    Nothing worse than a flatso
    Me to. Roll her in flour and look for the wet patch me thinks.....

Not like Irish gentlement to be so shallow and narrow-minded...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Not like Irish gentlement to be so shallow and narrow-minded...?

Ahh now, I think if these women are only wanting to be famous for being fat, I think comments like those you quoted are to be expected. Someone looking for validation for their appearance is bound to draw just as much negative criticism as positive. They're as shallow as their critics really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ahh now, I think if these women are only wanting to be famous for being fat, I think comments like those you quoted are to be expected. Someone looking for validation for their appearance is bound to draw just as much negative criticism as positive. They're as shallow as their critics really.

No need to be wanting to be famous for your appearance.
    The Irish gentlemen seem happy enough to provide feedback for any lady by yelling it across the street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Shenshen wrote: »
    The Irish gentlemen seem happy enough to provide feedback for any lady by yelling it across the street.

:D They don't exist. Some may seem like they're gentlemanly but scratch the surface and the truth comes out!

Shenshen wrote: »

There's the thing, I don't know why PB mentioned 'Irish' as if this was a peculiarly Irish phenomenon (unless of course they meant Irish men on an Irish forum, which should hardly come as a surprise to anyone either?), it's something that you'll find in any society, in any country in the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

There's the thing, I don't know why PB mentioned 'Irish' as if this was a peculiarly Irish phenomenon (unless of course they meant Irish men on an Irish forum, which should hardly come as a surprise to anyone either?), it's something that you'll find in any society, in any country in the world?

Some more than others ;)

Laois6556 wrote: »
    :D They don't exist. Some may seem like they're gentlemanly but scratch the surface and the truth comes out!

Well now that's just not true, and is just as broad and untrue a generalisation as the poster earlier whose source for suggesting that women don't know what men find attractive in women, was himself and his mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And there's your strawman right there :D. The sophisticated souls I quoted seemed to be refering to overwieght women in general. I'm curious to know how many of them have perfectly attractive girlfriends or wivfes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Guys, these are "real" women.

Real fat, that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I'm curious to know how many of them have perfectly attractive girlfriends or wives.

I do.
    She's very good looking.
    Not Irish though, so don't know if that counts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement