Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels/Accommodation in London in November

Options
  • 19-10-2014 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to organise a day trip to London on the 8th of November and am looking for a hostel near Waterloo, near the BFI Odeon IMAX, but am having trouble finding them for an affordable price?

Also, I'd be flying into Stansted and would need the cheapest way to get into the Waterloo area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

I was in the generator hostel in London, very close to the tube, and a pleasure to stay in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I was in the generator hostel in London, very close to the tube, and a pleasure to stay in

I've never been in London and it's a massive city so it's a bit daunting since I'll be on my own. Only other cities I've been in that were as big were fine because I was with people and everything was easily organised. Does the tube stay open all night and is it safe to travel in at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

For travelling into London using a coach is the cheapest way. A return with Terravision is £11. Takes about 1h 15m to get to Victoria coach station. It's then a short walk to the Tube station to connect with Waterloo.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Tube stays open until roughly midnight, but there's plenty of options like nightbuses. Check out the journey planner on tfl.gov.uk and put in the postcode of any hostel you're interested in staying at for ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

YHA is the best as far as I'm concerned. Bright, clean, kitchen, no nonsense policy regarding security some really nice locations too.

• Advertisement

Going to Manchester instead. Crysis averted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Might chime in here. Looking to stay in Hackney/Islington area.

I notice even hostels are around €50 per night, if you don't want to be in a 12 bed dorm!

Any B&B suggestions in this area? I'd say Hackney would be cheaper, and maybe Stratford would be ok as well.

seachto7 wrote: »
    Might chime in here. Looking to stay in Hackney/Islington area.

I notice even hostels are around €50 per night, if you don't want to be in a 12 bed dorm!

Any B&B suggestions in this area? I'd say Hackney would be cheaper, and maybe Stratford would be ok as well.

Check airbnb, sometimes you can find good deals, especially if you're with a few people

Advertisement