Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Biking Club Waterford?

Options
  • 19-10-2014 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,

Would you know whether theres a club in Waterford? Im aware theres a cycling club but its all road bikes. Itd be cool to know a few people interested in this. Could meet up for a bit Ballyhoura craic, ballymac,.... What do you think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not that I'm aware of. Some of us at Sportif head off to Ballyhoura irregularly, and there's always hope that plans for the Colligan woods will come to fruition, but a proper trail or two in the area might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cembellines

Pity, such a pretty country for off road cycling and not that much of interest. Im surprised. Anyway ill keep an eye on the updates and if anybody wants to go to Ballyhoura stop by this post so we might come out with a nice group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Howdy cembellines, no there's mountain biking club per se in Waterford, the lads from Dungarvan do a fair bit up around that area, I know there is a Clonmel MTB Group on Facebook that use the areas up around Kilsheelan, Powers The Pot etc - you could do worse than look them up. Sadly there isn't any official trails around the place. You could try the Nire drop the weekend and see if you meet any like minded individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Hi,

I'd be interested in helping set one up, or even just a Facebook group. I am already a member of a club in Dublin, but from Kilkenny.

I know of lads going to Portlaw Woods, a few trails there that are not too bad, scope for more as well. Also, the
    Nire Valley (haven't been).

Let me know if any interest.

edson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

If you're anywhere close to Kilkenny maybe check out these guys
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056673446

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

edson wrote: »
    Hi,

I'd be interested in helping set one up, or even just a Facebook group. I am already a member of a club in Dublin, but from Kilkenny.

I know of lads going to Portlaw Woods, a few trails there that are not too bad, scope for more as well. Also, the
    Nire Valley (haven't been).

Let me know if any interest.

edson.

There's also the ML Syndicate in Carlow which are a small club but get out regularly on Mt.Leinster

https://www.facebook.com/themlsyndicate/

On of the lads owns pedal hounds in Carlow town and he's a very nice fella.

https://www.facebook.com/pedalhoundsbikeshop/

Advertisement