Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom vs Manchester United Match Thread. 20/10/'14 20.00 Sky - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Falcao should have been on earlier, made a massive difference. Lescott and Dawson actually were frightened for a change and Van Persie doesn't do enough to put CBs under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Jaysus there's a lot of West Brom fans around..

You'd swear it was actually news to people that fans want their rivals to lose. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Have united been awarded any penalties this season so far?

Really can't see any reason why all three decisions weren't given tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good game that with some quality goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I remember hearing januzjai would be the better player than sterling. Not fit to lace his boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly think Mata is up there with Veron in terms of under-performing big money United signings. He offers nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Great finish by blind and superb by fellaini

Jan was poison. Pure poison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Enjoyable match. Van Gaal's title challenge takes a setback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

United the better team but not by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Shaw terrible, Mata terrible, RVP septic ... absolutely dismal display. 10 points now off Chelsea with the relatively easy games over - Not good enough from the players, not good enough from LVG. If this was Moyes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

monkey9 wrote: »
    Enjoyable match. Van Gaal's title challenge takes a setback

Was a good game in fairness, some cracking finishes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Another blank from Falcao. 5 appearances and 1 goal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

AdamD wrote: »
    You'd swear it was actually news to people that fans want their rivals to lose. Get over it.

download.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

8-10 wrote: »
    Liverpool fan, that was a great result for us. Means we stay ahead of Arsenal, United, Spurs and Everton! Despite being crap!
    ... Why do we care about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Honestly think Mata is up there with Veron in terms of under-performing big money United signings. He offers nothing.

I think Mata is quality. Don't know what's happened to him at Man U.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thought Mata would take The opportunity that Rooney's absence presented but really was not good, shame still have a soft spot for him. Still see United 4th but only after spending another fortune in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

FILTH from Van Persie

defo red

He could have killed the boy !!! :pac::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

4 good goals, shocking defending by United. Happy to walk away with the point with the way West Brom played. God help us come Sunday is all I'll say!

When youre counting results this early as great you know things are gone to utter ****e..

I don't believe that for a second tbh, think it's WIDE open for 4th place, and these are the sort of results that will count at the end of the year. After City and Chelsea there's a big jump in class IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

You can see the goals are almost there though..

Could be worse.. Could be a certain Italian..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

rob316 wrote: »
    I remember hearing januzjai would be the better player than sterling. Not fit to lace his boots.

Posts like this are just stupid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Still 4th.
    Woop!

irishfeen wrote: »
    ... Why do we care about that?

Sorry, I was responding to a claim I was a West Brom supporter, lots of posts in between might be lost in context

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

they really should be putting away mediocre sides like that if they have any aspirations of doing anything this season - especially when you consider they led twice

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a second tbh, think it's WIDE open for 4th place, and these are the sort of results that will count at the end of the year. After City and Chelsea there's a big jump in class IMO

Ah ya id prefer the 3 obviously.. But look its a point, little positives, and only a point between united and pool.. Who'll both drop a lot more silly points over the season..

It's just a matter of who drops the least silly points between now and christmas you'd feel..

United do of course still have chelsea, city and Arsenal.. Which wont make for enjoyable watching..

You can see the goals are almost there though..

Could be worse.. Could be a certain Italian..

What has Silvio Berlusconi got to do with Falcao firing blanks and costing millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

edgecutter wrote: »
    Falcao should have been on earlier, made a massive difference. Lescott and Dawson actually were frightened for a change and Van Persie doesn't do enough to put CBs under pressure.
    This. LVG made a serious error here. The game was hanging in the balance with a half hour to go, either team could have got the next goal and West Brom took their chance. When Falcao came on he created uncertainty in the West Brom defence and won a lot of dirty ball. Maybe if he had more time he would have scored.
    rob316 wrote: »
    No need to exaggerate. Obviously Sterling is currently the better player but Januzaj is arguably equally as talented. He wasn't great tonight but then not many Utd players were. I think he's more suited to a central no.10 role personally but will have to wait his chance for an opportunity there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who was Woodward talking about here? https://vine.co/v/ObIvTEigOQH

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Did he not finish that with ......you pr#ck ?

• Advertisement

Ah ya id prefer the 3 obviously.. But look its a point, little positives, and only a point between united and pool.. Who'll both drop a lot more silly points over the season..

It's just a matter of who drops the least silly points between now and christmas you'd feel..

United do of course still have chelsea, city and Arsenal.. Which wont make for enjoyable watching..

Yep won't be a settled table until after Christmas. Point was fair tonight probably but could have easily seen a United winner. Falcao benched when United have no other commitments this week is the big question to be asked of LVG, RVP hasn't looked himself for 2 games running now. But what's done is done.

What has Silvio Berlusconi got to do with Falcao firing blanks and costing millions.

For a lord you really must try harder to keep that title..

Like really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fairly shocked how bad a mess united have made of their "easy" start. Will be interesting to see how they fair against the likes of Chelsea/city etc...

For a lord you really must try harder to keep that title..

Like really..

Lord is too busy tending to m'lady to try harder. I have done enough. My work here is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

He played for 20 minutes and was heavily involved in creating Utd's equalizer and in general play. Should have been given more time. His attitude is great and he should be raring to go against Chelsea. I think most Utd fans are pleased with him so far to be honest but imo it still would have made far more sense to keep Welbeck. So, so predictable tonight, so similar to Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

My guess he is talking about himself :cool:

if NOT then he should be ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Lord is too busy tending to m'lady to try harder. I have done enough. My work here is done.

What?

Finger banging 2 birds on your left, shagging me mother on your right, orally pleasuring your lady and posting on boards?

Someone told me its the rhythm of her pulsating orgasm that actually types.

What?

Finger banging 2 birds on your left, shagging me mother on your right, orally pleasuring your lady and posting on boards?

Someone told me its the rhythm of her pulsating orgasm that actually types.

You left out toeing your sister.

"Fcuking waste of money" he says.

You could take your pick really.

Shaw, Fellani, Herrera, Falcao, Rojo & Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

"Fcuking waste of money" he says.

You could take your pick really.

Shaw, Fellani, Herrera, Falcao, Rojo & Mata.

LVG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

You left out toeing your sister.

You left her a quivering mess yesterday. You're all man, we accept you as our leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Did Van Gael just say that this was utds best performance of the season? They musta been really bad all season so if that's the case.

Fellani doesn't give 2 fcuks he didnt make a show of himself and thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Fair play to Fellaini tonight, looked well pumped up for it and scored a screamer - hard to show such character when you were made scapegoat and boo'd by your own fans for the whole of last season.

Strange to see RVP being peristed with when he was poor and there's a guy costing more money than the whole WB team sitting on the bench! Fair result more or less.

Berahinho looks pretty good ... putting many a high profile centre forward to shame with his work effort and finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Surprised United didn't pay for all the players with potatoes tbh

Bunch of chancers if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

irishfeen wrote: »
    Shaw terrible, Mata terrible, RVP septic ... absolutely dismal display. 10 points now off Chelsea with the relatively easy games over -

wha you thought ye were gonna win the league :pac::pac: :D

that's classic !! :pac::D:D:pac::confused::eek: :cool::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

On the positive side for United, with RVP out of form, Rooney suspended, Di Maria off injured and Falcao benched - two midfielders stepped up with goals.

I don't really think united deserved a point, but they got one anyways thanks to aggressive attacking play from Fellaini and Blind.

The defence is worrying, Jones really was very very poor, there's a case for recalling Smalling or NcNair.
    Rojo wasn't great either.

Mata was non existent.

I'd cut Shaw and Januzaj some flak given how young they are, anyhow I didn't think they were that bad really.

Pity Herrera never got into the game, after his otherwise impressive start at United.

Rooney was missed

Every time the commentator said West Brom, I thought they said Wes Brown.

Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Poor defending from rafael again for the 2nd goal. Utd really need a better right back than him. Great to watch going forward but very poor defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Poor defending from rafael again for the 2nd goal. Utd really need a better right back than him. Great to watch going forward but very poor defensively.

It's a make or break season for Jones, Smalling and Raf., I'd wager only one of them will be here this time next year.

Montroseee wrote: »
    It's a make or break season for Jones, Smalling and Raf., I'd wager only one of them will be here this time next year.

Particularly disappointing for Jones, when he had just signed I thought he was really a fantastic signing

• Advertisement
Advertisement