Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Repair Shop - Be very Careful

Options
  • 19-10-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I had the misfortune to visit a shop called "Nice Phone Centre" on Rose Inn street yesterday. I have an Iphone 5 with a cracked screen. I was quoted €100 for the job to be done. He said it would take about an hour. When I came back the guy told me that they had experienced a problem with my phone. He proceed to unpack it from a large Otterbox case. He explained that they had chipped the new screen whilst installing it. The chip on the screen bloody massive. He then told me that he would only charge me €90 for the screen and, as a gesture of goodwill, he'd throw in the Otterbox case which normally retails at €25. I was pretty shocked and couldn't believe what they were trying to do. I said, I came in with a cracked screen, am leaving with a cracked screen but with an otterbox case to hide it. And I'm supposed to pay €90 for this. Anyway, I told him to take a hike. I then noticed that the fingerprint recognition was no longer working. He took it into the back room for an hour and eventually said he couldn't figure out why this was not working. He couldn't fit a new screen there and then because seemingly he had none in stock. He said call back on Tuesday and I'll do it then. I paid the guy nothing and have no intention of going back. I noticed today that the fingerprint recognition is woking perfectly. He had reset the phone and I had to re-enter my fingerprint and reactivate the feature. I can't believe he didn't know about this and him supposed to be an expert on iPhones. As an additional feature, there is now a gap big enough to see though between the phone body and the screen.
    Sorry for the length of this post but it's just to warn you this these guys appear not to have a clue what they're up to. A shambles from start to finish. Steer well clear folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

I used this place for an iphone 4s screen replacement. €60 and no issues after. Did take a long time, as he was busy. Perhaps you were unlucky. I looked on youtube first to see if I could attempt it myself. Too much involved and the screen would have cost about €30 to buy so well worth €60 i.m.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

My father can't speak highly enough of this place anytime he's been in there. I'm sorry you had a bad experience OP but in general this place is pretty good by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

thelad95 wrote: »
    My father can't speak highly enough of this place anytime he's been in there. I'm sorry you had a bad experience OP but in general this place is pretty good by all accounts.

i'm always reluctant to name shops or places on forums like this as I wouldn't want to cause them undue hassle or affect their business. It takes a lot for me to do that but in this case either I was really unlucky or there is something seriously wrong with the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

mosesgun wrote: »
    i'm always reluctant to name shops or places on forums like this as I wouldn't want to cause them undue hassle or affect their business. It takes a lot for me to do that but in this case either I was really unlucky or there is something seriously wrong with the place.

I think you were really unlucky. My Dad handed in a Samsung Galaxy that had a smashed screen and was basically in 20 different parts. The place on the top of John St. quoted €200 and said it would have to be sent away. He went into this place was charged €100 and it was fixed in store on the same day.

Advertisement