Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2008

• 19-10-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Having this problem where I turn the key in the ignition and the engine will turn over and try to start yet it will not start. The battery is fine and I am guessing the starter is in good condition too since the engine itself i turning over as normal. What would the problem be?
    The car does not have an immobilizer installed on it that I am aware of (unless it came as standard which I doubt they do).
    Sometimes if I leave the car for an hour or two it will start as normal and run for a day or two before happening again.

Anyone any experience with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Is the car really low on fuel. I had an issue with my one where it would struggle to start and cut out when low on fuel as they have no fuel lift pump. I have heard from a few people who have them and even a ford mechanic that the above issue can be common enough. Failing that when was the fuel filter last changed. I know the above is fairly basic but you might as well check the basic before going into the more complicated mechanical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 colm1010

The car was only serviced last week, oil and all filters were changed. Its also worth mentioning this problem was happening before it was serviced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

colm1010 wrote: »
    The car was only serviced last week, oil and all filters were changed. Its also worth mentioning this problem was happening before it was serviced.

Have you ever seen a correlation between low fuel and this issue. When I say low I mean under 1/4 of a tank . Some of these 1.6 tdci focus do very weird things on low fuel and run rough not all. But if you do normally have it low. Keep it topped up for a few weeks and see does it stop the problem. Chances are this isn't your problem but it's worth mentioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

You possibly have an issue on the low pressure side of the fuel system, (i.e and issue between the tank and the fuel filter or fuel filter to fuel pump.Does your engine have the rubber priming bulb mounted on the rocker cover? If it does, try giving it a few pumps and make sure it starts getting hard (indicating fuel pipes are filling) prior to craking the engine over.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 leftwinger

Does your mechanic have the software to check for error codes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jillgrim

I have this problem with my 05 petrol focus. have you figured out the problem? mechanic did diagnostics and nothing showed up. Also my latest problem is now my booth wont open when i press the handle under the lip of the boot and there is no key hole in boot to manually open it. its like the sensor has stopped working on boot altogether and the button on the fob wont work either. Anyone else have this problem before? really regret buying the car. I've always had fords with no issues until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 colm1010

Havent had the time to get the work done but ive been told there is a filter ontop of the diesel tank but to get at it you have to drop the tank out to access it. Brimg it.up whenever ypure talking to your mechanic next and get his opinion. May be sifferent for petrols.

Advertisement