Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Missing (BBC drama)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is it a remake of us drama with same name?

Edit: brief scan of article doesn't mention it, so probably not then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is it a remake of us drama with same name?

Edit: brief scan of article doesn't mention it, so probably not then.

This a shorter summary of the eight part drama.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/43/the-missing

Doesn't mention anything about remake but it does remind me of the Maddie McCann story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'll be watching this , I just love James Nesbit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I hate nesbitt but it looks good so ill try and tune in

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I hate nesbitt but it looks good so ill try and tune in

Just had a look through his profile on imdb and Bloody Sunday is the only show i've seen him in, so I dont really have an opinion on him Bar his taste football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lisha wrote: »
    I'll be watching this , I just love James Nesbit

I think he's a very underrated actor.

He's always solid and I think he was great in Jekyll, Bloody Sunday and a mini series called 'Passer By' which was on BBC1 a few years ago.

He was great in Cold Feet which I loved,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

He was also in Murphys Law playing a maverick cop in 2003, which I really liked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

A major new eight-part original British drama starring James Nesbitt starts tonight. Like the look of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ooh thanks for the reminder for me to record it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged.

It's good, confusing but good.

But the sound is driving mental, music too loud and voices too quiet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I watched 40 minutes of it. Am slightly confused though, when the boy initially went missing I didn't think he was wearing his scarf, which seems to be the whole basis of the investigation, am I wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That final scene!

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

I'll be tuning in next week

I don't like James Nesbitt in the father role

I'll stay away from here until I watch it but at least it sounds ok.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seems promising based on the first episode anyway, definately on board for another few to see how it stards to develop.

I'll be tuning in next week

I don't like James Nesbitt in the father role

I find him more believable as the dad than I do the mother. I find her impossible to warm to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

Nesbit is great in this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great drama, jeez but it put me off bringing my young lad to France!!!! I was on the threadmill and it gave me great impetus to run! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I liked the show more as it went on, it has potential.

I just hope it doesn't go down the same road as Amber!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Skid X wrote: »

That's my one fear as well

Lisha wrote: »
    I find him more believable as the dad than I do the mother. I find her impossible to warm to.

OK
    I thought he was cringey towards the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

First episode was brilliant, didnt disappoint. Dont really like Nesbitt but he is excellent in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Skid X wrote: »

I didn't think Amber ended all that badly. Amber ended much more satisfyingly that Broadchurch. Something like that would be my worst care scenario ending.

I watched The Missing tonight and I really enjoyed it. It's very gripping.

First episode was fairly solid and it looks to have the making of a very good tv drama.

After having a quick scan through the thread last night and now after watching it, I don't see why people were confused. I thought the jumps from present to past were fairly clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Recorded this and watched it tonight, it's excellent. That final scene gave me the chills! :eek: It's well paced and well written.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If your kid was missing, possibly abducted would you really care if the police used a photo where he wasn't smiling?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    If your kid was missing, possibly abducted would you really care if the police used a photo where he wasn't smiling?

I myself wouldn't, but I'd say its just to illustratrate that you would not be thinking straight.

• Advertisement

a little tedious in comparison to some similar shows

6.5/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Missed it tonight. Anyone know if repeated on any of the BBC Channels or Red Button?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Does anyone know if the missing( tuesdays 9pm on bbc1)gets repeated, missed the first two episodes but i now have it series linked for the remainder of the season so just the first two... Tried the BBC i player but not available to view in Ireland unfortunately... Any info appreciated.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Missed it tonight. Anyone know if repeated on any of the BBC Channels or Red Button?

Not sure about that, but its on bbc iplayer. Hola unblocker add on in the chrome/firefox browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Mint Sauce wrote: »

The First episode is on youtube....maybe the second one will be....

Does anyone know if the missing( tuesdays 9pm on bbc1)gets repeated, missed the first two episodes but i now have it series linked for the remainder of the season so just the first two... Tried the BBC i player but not available to view in Ireland unfortunately... Any info appreciated.

I watched episode 1 on youtube....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mwalsh7

Has anyone found where I can watch BBC drama The Missing episode 2? I have seen episode 1 on YouTube but can't find episode 2. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

I watched episode 1 on youtube....

Excellent, Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Could someone please remind me what the journo fella had on the detective in 2006?

And did he go looking for Emily in the present day bit, or did she contact him?

I watched the first one, honestly, but have a total blank on what he's up to!

Cheers.

Thought it was a bit slow this week (only watched it tonight), but I suppose that's the nature of 8-year old cases......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Could someone please remind me what the journo fella had on the detective in 2006?

I don't think we have been told that yet.

brian_t wrote: »
    I don't think we have been told that yet.

I thought I remembered a scene in Ep 1 where he confronted the detective with something and started getting the info from him - but just couldn't remember what it was that was said.

But maybe I imagined that. Wouldn't be the first time!

I also definitely remember him meeting with Emily in that cafe at King's Cross (?) - whether last night's scene was the same meeting or a different one I'm not sure.

Must remember not to delete previous episodes too quickly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm not sure if we were told yet, or it could be me slow on the up take! Sounds like a corruption or wrong doing case.
    And did he go looking for Emily in the present day bit, or did she contact him?

Seems she went to him for some reason (she doesn't seem to want any contact with Nesbitt), that's why she was pissed off with him at the end of the last episode.
    I watched the first one, honestly, but have a total blank on what he's up to!

Cheers.

Comes across very unlikeable. Will be interesting to see what he actually did. We don't actually see the younger detective in the current time frame if I'm right.
    Thought it was a bit slow this week (only watched it tonight), but I suppose that's the nature of 8-year old cases......

8 episodes to fill too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if we were told yet, or it could be me slow on the up take! Sounds like a corruption or wrong doing case.

Seems she went to him for some reason (she doesn't seem to want any contact with Nesbitt), that's why she was pissed off with him at the end of the last episode.

Comes across very unlikeable. Will be interesting to see what he actually did. We don't actually see the younger detective in the current time frame if I'm right.

8 episodes to fill too.

Mmmm, not sure I'll last the difference.

The present-day Nesbitt is getting more unlikeable (although perfectly understandable) with each episode.

The present-day Nesbitt is getting more unlikeable (although perfectly understandable) with each episode.

Might be a bit of a slow burner but there are a few things going on to keep the attention, if its done right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Last the difference :confused:

The DISTANCE!

Last the difference :confused:

The DISTANCE!

I didn't notice the difference myself! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I didn't notice the difference myself! ;)

Difference v. distance :rolleyes:.....it should be going out in 4 blocks of 2 hours episodes rather than the eight hour slog. There will inevitably be slow episodes vs. fast episodes. Shakespeare did not tell the audience "you all make sure and come back next week to see what happens to the nutty prince". And this is not Shakespeare.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

We don't actually see the younger detective in the current time frame if I'm right.

There was a mention of him being in jail in one of the present day scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChrisMurphy23

Anyone able to direct me to YouTube video of first episode? Thanks

This is starting to drag on a little,
    the big revelation at the end was nothing we didn't know all ready.

Oh and
    Whats the story with undercover police falling for junkies?

• Advertisement
Advertisement