Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a transfer at work

Options
  • 19-10-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

I have posted here before and got some great advice so hopefully I can get some advice again.

Im very lucky in that I have a job I know but having a job you dread going into can be bad.

To cut a long story short I thinking of asking for a move in work mostly cos of a new staff member who moved into the office I work in. I moved into the area I work in now 2 years ago and up until recently I loved it. It took me a long to get moved from where I started in my work aswell. Movement is difficult in my job....not actually encouraged. Things changed recently.

Staff in my office can be lazy but mostly I get on with everyone and did the best work I could. There was a problem earlier in the year with one staff member who acted in a serious unprofessional manner but in the end nothing was done it and work continued. A new staff member joined then a while ago and basically this member is a real pain - one of those that doesnt do any work but announces to everyone when they do something. I really dread working with this person.

Now I know this is probably my problem and I should get over it but I am seriously thinking of asking of a transfer. I feel it is unfair as I do love my job but this new person makes me feel like not turning up for work.

Just want another perspective on this. I know I am being irrational and I should cop on but this person and how they behave in the office is really stressing me out.

I think my manager might be open to me moving but I do run the risk of being moved into an area that I have no experience in.

Any thoughts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Why does it bother you so much what this person does/doesn't do at work? To me it seems crazy that you'd leave a job you love over an issue that (from what you've said) doesn't affect you personally, and doesn't have any impact on your workload.

Just ignore them. To me - based on what you've said - it sounds like you are being irrational, and there's no reason why you should be stressed out by this person.

Bear in mind that chances are you'll encounter colleagues like this anywhere you work. Just concentrate on your own duties, and minimise interaction with them.

Advertisement