Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldy McDonagh...

Options
  • 20-10-2014 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Im sure a lot Know of him, the young lad that is apparently homeless in Dublin.

Hes been popping up on my news feed in videos with people, recently a few people I know personally are in videos and pics with him which in turn get 100s of likes and a serious amount of comments, most taking the piss out of him.

Basically taking advantage of the lad, paying him to act the eejit and the like while everyone else seems to get a good laugh out of his misfortune.

Anybody know of him? Is he really homeless and what age is he? He looks young but old at the same time which is probably due to him being homeless.

Ive also seen a lot of pics of him and he appears to have been badly beaten up in them.

Sad story if true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

I'm only doing my job OP...and I reject the epithet 'baldy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He isn't homeless, he will do a video for ya for 2 euro. Great price, seriously though his 5 minutes are surely almost up, the novelty is gone though I still get a chuckle from the facebook page at times. The video of him arguing with, threatening, and cuddling some chap outside the shopping centre is funny.

His rapping skillz are second to none too in fairness to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

To the beat to the beat to the bass, Baldy's in the place!

Yeah he's just repeating himself saying he'll do this and that and everyone commenting are repeating themselves about his physical appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd put me arm behind me back and bate ya with me left one.

Anyone know if he was the little kid who sang in Veronica guerin

Hayer yad want ta give up dem aul sun beds soup dey don't suit ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

I'd put me arm behind me back and bate ya with me left one.

Anyone know if he was the little kid who sang in Veronica guerin

I wondered the same thing. Im 23 and I remember him years ago singing fields of athenry in henry street and then he seemed very young and I definitely thought was younger than me then when I was about 18 maybe and now he looks to have aged a lot. Im nearly sure its the same fella who used to sing on henry street and I remember being told he was the one to sing at the end of that film.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

I seen a video of him ona bus where he was tellin kids to never touch heroin or any drugs and tellin em thats how he ended up the way he is, fair play to the lad, even tho people take the piss out of him he still tried to do a good thing!

I think the people making fun of him and posting pics of him begging on the street are bad *****, im all for banter but it can go too far aswell, cant imagine tis a nice feelin to be down on your luck and to have the nation goin out of there way to make an ass of you for the laugh.

To the beat to the beat to the bass the balds off his face!

He says he was on heroin for 11 years, and he's clean for 7 months. Dude is only about 18? He hardly started so early? So either he was smoking heroin as a small child or he's exaggerating. Either way, poor kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kryogen wrote: »
    He isn't homeless, he will do a video for ya for 2 euro. Great price, seriously though his 5 minutes are surely almost up, the novelty is gone though I still get a chuckle from the facebook page at times. The video of him arguing with, threatening, and cuddling some chap outside the shopping centre is funny.

His rapping skillz are second to none too in fairness to him

There's more skillz in a sream of pizz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Often seen him begging on Henry St, this was 2011 mind, but the reason he looks so ragged is the old Heroin, it tends to do that tya. He smoked it rather than injected, hence he hasnt a tooth in his head.

• Advertisement

Is smoking heroin as bad as injecting it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Very sad to see a young guy starting out as others end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

He has teeth like a cavemans necklace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Dont know to be honest, but i know smoking it leaves you toothless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I saw this guy sitting on the ground on Henry street last Sunday, presumably begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

AshF22 wrote: »
    I wondered the same thing. Im 23 and I remember him years ago singing fields of athenry in henry street and then he seemed very young and I definitely thought was younger than me then when I was about 18 maybe and now he looks to have aged a lot. Im nearly sure its the same fella who used to sing on henry street and I remember being told he was the one to sing at the end of that film.

He looks the image of a kid who used to sing on Grafton Street 10-12 years ago. I remember seeing him singing for change all the time when I used to hang around the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

No, not nearly - for one, it's incredibly hard to overdose smoking heroin (it's happened, but it's not as common). For another thing, your veins don't collapse but you don't get nearly as big a hit. IV is much more potent. As well, you're not taking in as big amounts of gear if you're smoking it, you get small amounts, but injecting it you get a big amount really quickly. You'd probably pass out from smoking it before you get too much. There are plenty of people who smoke it recreationally even, wouldn't be exactly junkies. Problem is some people don't get enough out of smoking it, so they go for that big hit by shooting. Not that it's a good thing to be getting into anyway.

I feel terrible for the young fella. He's about 22, 23? On gear since he was 11 (used to see him around thinking he was about 4/5 years younger than me, he's a year older though), and he's being mocked and looked down on by so many who've obviously never had the same opportunities to be down on their luck. No one wants to be a zombie to heroin, especially not this lad who's been clean for a while (last I heard anyway). Fair play to the cunt, he deals with it all really well and has a bit of a laugh, but people are laughing at him like he's a bit of scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've moved this over to the Dublin City forum. Please note this forum's charter: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056816998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread closed.

From the charter:
    Dublin has been blessed with a wealth of street characters some talented and long established street entertainers.Lets show these people the respect they deserve, stop being so judgemental and insulting about them. In their own small way they've made Dublin the wonderful place it is today. Whilst this isn't a banning offence, mods may issue warnings or infractions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement