If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless speakers for tv

Options
  • 20-10-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Would you be able to tell me if you have speakers for a Sony TV that could be put in a corner of a room and work wirelessly?
    I need maybe two-four speakers, depending on price, that can be mounted in the corner of a room and then work without wires to play sound from a TV.
    I have seen things like sound bars, but Im looking for smallest, tidy, corner speakers.

Sorry I have no idea about any this kinda thing, I hope I'm making it clear, of what im looking for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Gotya, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately TV's do not have the facility of being able to add wireless speakers.

Some of the more modern TV's do come with technology on board to allow them to communicate with the same brand of soundbar and this can be done over wireless technology but this is limited to certain models of TV and certain models of soundbar.

Most wireless speakers do require mains power or if you went for a surround sound system then they would just require a small speaker cable. Would you have mains power where the speakers are to be located ?

The best solution would be to go for a surround system and just wire small speakers to the system and then connect the TV to it.

The alternative solution is to go for a soundbar and there is a wide range of these available.

Sonos do make a 5.1 wireless solution but the speakers to require to have mains power, hence the question above.

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Hi, Dave

Thanks for the reply and information.

As I said i haven't a clue :)
    I was hoping there was such a thing, where I could just put a few speakers in the corner of the room, without the hassle of wires, running to the TV. The need of a power point would be ok.

The sound on the TV is fine, I just thought if it was easy I'd add some speakers.

I think I'll just leave it as it is.
    Thanks again for the reply.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Gotya wrote: »
    Hi, Dave

Thanks for the reply and information.

As I said i haven't a clue :)
    I was hoping there was such a thing, where I could just put a few speakers in the corner of the room, without the hassle of wires, running to the TV. The need of a power point would be ok.

The sound on the TV is fine, I just thought if it was easy I'd add some speakers.

I think I'll just leave it as it is.
    Thanks again for the reply.
    Hi Gotya.

No problem at all.

Should you have any more questions or require anything in the future please drop us a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.