Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I wish I could take pleasure in this but I wouldn't be confident that United wouldn't be in even worse shape if we were playing Real tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I just hope now Real leave it at that and save themselves for El Clasico at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

This is why i cringe when i hear and read Liverpool fans lauding Jordan Henderson. He has the footballing IQ of a snail.

Cou and Sterling the only two Liverpool players who look comfortable on the ball.

Rodgers out of his depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

efb wrote: »
    It's like watching an NFL star and his girlfriend...
    Difference being she though she deserved it and didn't, Liverpool don't and do

What the hell are you alluding to there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The funny thing is, Madrid haven't had many shots.

It suggests they're getting into the box, to the byline, far too easily and not really having to work for chances.

The defence had no protection, and Mig is never making a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

niallo27 wrote: »
    Madrid have been so clinical. That's the difference. Game has been pretty even.

For the first 20 minutes it was, after that Real started to teach Liverpool a lesson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

efb wrote: »
    It's like watching an NFL star and his girlfriend...
    Difference being she though she deserved it and didn't, Liverpool don't and do

Wow!

Domestic violence is to be joked about now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Impressive start from Liverpool but the pace died off quicker than you would expect. Madrid were cruising the moment the pace dropped.

I'm struggling to think what can even be tried by Rodgers in the second half, go for it and you could be battered, sit back and you will invite them on and could be battered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Looper007 wrote: »
    For the first 20 minutes it was, after that Real started to teach Liverpool a lesson.

They didn't create much though. Third goal was comical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Wow!

Would it be more acceptable if he sang about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Please tell me this is a ”joke”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

On current viewing Barca should be beating Madrid handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

It doesn't say much for the English league when a team as poor as this are embarrassing themselves on the main European stage.

For a team that's spent over £200 million there doesn't seem to be much return, looking at the Liverpool defence Real will be kicking themselves if they don't get another 2 or 3. Last season seems like more of a blip than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Looper007 wrote: »

No lesson just Liverpools defence is shocking and Madrid are taking what little chances they make

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I wasn't endorsing it, in poor taste- remived

quarryman wrote: »

You are not even watching the game. How would you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Madrid are seriously good. We've been more urgent than usual but no better at the back than we've been all season.

No complaints at all, score is a fair reflection of the gulf in class. Basel at home and Ludogorets away are 2 must win games and hopefully give us a chance of progressing if we do.

I really look forward to Real v Bayern this season, would be a cracking game.

For this one, result over, give Lallana a go and Can for Allen please, he talks about wanting to boss a game so give him the chance to go at a fellow German in centre mid. If Can has ambitions of playing centre mid for Germany then give him a go at putting himself in the window against Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Can Glen Johnson stay in his own half, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

The Post or the Poster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It doesn't say much for the English league when a team as poor as this are embarrassing themselves on the main European stage.

For a team that's spent over £200 million there doesn't seem to be much return, looking at the Liverpool defence Real will be kicking themselves if they don't get another 2 or 3. Last season seems like more of a blip than ever.

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Joanne Cantwell looks like she got that suit in the RTE lost and found

• niallo27 wrote: »

Do you have a camera in his house?

Well they finished ahead of arsenal, utd, Everton, spurs and Chelsea last year. Only Chelsea are ahead of them this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Must be heartbreaking knowing your goalkeeper is always capable of those kind of moments in a game (3rd goal), and it will usually cost you dearly against a top team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well at least Coutinho looks like he's been practising his shooting. Better from Mario too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mignolet is awful, surely he cannot keep his place. Its clanger after clanger, game after game.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    The Post or the Poster?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is there anything to be said for a big man little man in Lambert and borini.

Cant be any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wow!

I think most things can be joked about. That just was a particularly poor joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone want a jelly tot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Definitely we need a new keeper...happened too many times now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

actually a caricature of liverpool fans with this nonsense post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's not even.

Let's be honest.

Madrid are making chances in our 6 yard box, we're generally running and shooting from distance if we get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

2 nil and Liverpool not even getting a sniff.

HOWEVER, the pressure is completely off the home side now. I'm actually tempted to stick a few quid on a draw here.

"Please tell me this is a "joke"."

K4t wrote: »
    Must be heartbreaking knowing your goalkeeper is always capable of those kind of moments in a game (3rd goal), and it will usually cost you dearly against a top team.

Not limited to just top teams, unfortunately he's liable to do it against anyone. Ochoa would have been a smart move in the summer, or anyone who could have put pressure on him. Even keeping Jose Reina would have been better.

No idea what you are talking about tbh. Something to do with your previous (strange) comment about Arsenal?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Do you have a camera in his house?

Why would he be watching liverpool when arsenal are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

You are deluded

That Ronaldo goal was a thing of beauty. Thats that elusive goal at Anfield done with.

• niallo27 wrote: »

He could be watching both like I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mignolet is awful, surely he cannot keep his place. Its clanger after clanger, game after game.

He will keep his place as their is no viable replacement.

I just don't understand how a professional keeper at this level can't do the basics right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is the other thing. As a fan of an English football team, it's not really great for the league when a team is made a show of.

Rodgers needs to quickly learn how to set his teams up to defend if he wants to be considered a good manager. This naive attitude won't fly nowadays.

On the old laptop you can watch both Niallo :pac:

Could say the same about Man City in fairness, even less points in the CL than Liverpool with more money spent and finished higher last season. The league champions of England performing so poorly is a worse reflection on the league IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have the Pool match on my tablet, the Dortmund match on my laptop and am watchin Agents of Shield on my TV.

Multitasking! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Madrid have had some good periods of passing and interplay in midfield but the game was fairly even. Liverpool are unlucky to be 3 nil down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Brace yourselves for a stunning second half display by Liverpool. Countihno to score and assist with Balotelli and Henderson getting the rest for the win.
    Kroos sent off by 70 min for second yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hopefully Hernandez gets on and scores a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wow!

Pretty much everything is fair game to be made fun of for a lot of people. The key is understanding it's a joke.

• Advertisement

"Please tell me this is a "joke"."

Unfortunately no. I was tempted at 7/1. I'm not now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement