Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Jordan Henderson absoloute muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can no one take a corner kick that gets past the 1st man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know Madrid are dropping off, but how much more fluid in attack do we look playing with this team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

What annoys me too is Rodgers hasn't tried to solve the Balotelli problem by doing anything. Why not go back to the diamond and play Sterling up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan is an awful moany ****er.

I can't stand him. His constant whinging is like nails down a chalkboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

_78464525_ronaldo_ap2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Tonight is disappointing compared to last nights goalfest, half the games are scoreless and Real arent even bothered with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Do Liverpool have anyone up front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlickRic wrote: »
    I know Madrid are dropping off, but how much more fluid in attack do we look playing with this team?

Not that much in my opinion, we started the first half quite well.

I find we have very few options upfront when we get to their box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Stick Sturridge in there and it would look even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

First time seeing Real without Alonso. Kroos offers so much more in front of the back 4, even considering how good Alonso was in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Skrtel, good Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

We were the same at the start of the first. Pressing and chasing everything.

This will die off again and Madrid will pick us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

God this just shows how much a one man team Liverpool were last season. Suarez carried them all season. They're a kid table team without him

Can no one take a corner kick that gets past the 1st man

The hardest corner to defend is a one which just beats the first man hence you see so many just not beating him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Echoes of the World Series game last night, lots of hype before the game then the away team scores big, scores early and then the game is dead as a contest halfway through. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Brendan Rodgers must be wondering what he has to do to get a few OGs to even things up.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Stick Sturridge in there and it would look even better.

I think if Sturridge and Suarez were playing we'd still be in trouble with that poor defence and keeper.

God this just shows how much a one man team Liverpool were last season. Suarez carried them all season. They're a kid table team without him

Hmm so are they not missing their other main striker too, who offered much more movement up top which they have been missing since they destroyed Spurs this season

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Funny listening to the fans booing Ronaldo and cheering when he hits a shot wide. No shame at all.

• Advertisement

Martin skirtel tackling the advertising boards

This is bull****.

Suarez was important as was Sturridge but there was confidence flowing through the team that made them hard to beat. That has all gone this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think if Sturridge and Suarez were playing we'd still be in trouble with that poor defence and keeper.

Football can swing a lot on momentum though.

You'd still back Real to win but having the firepower to take advantage of that bright bit of play in the first 20 minutes puts them on the back foot and gives Liverpool a chance.

With effectively no Strikers on and nobody in the box ever that's just not going to happen unless someone pulls a worldie out of their arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Remind me again why Rodgers bought Lambert? WTF was that all about?

To think we sold arbeloa cheap to pay 18 million for glen Johnson is mind boggling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking forward to the game in Madrid anybody ??

Lucky me will be on a plane missing it!

• Rodgers can't hide after this one, he's going to have to start taking the blame for how badly organised Liverpool have been in defence for two seasons running now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Nib wrote: »

Going cheap in the sales.

Nib wrote: »

Same reason he bought those two strikers last year

Johnson really is horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is bull****.

Suarez was important as was Sturridge but there was confidence flowing through the team that made them hard to beat. That has all gone this season.

That confidence came from them knowing they had Suarez in the team. They're distinctly average without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can someone please Johnson to stop trying to run past people. He looks foolish.

To think we sold arbeloa cheap to pay 18 million for glen Johnson is mind boggling

Saw him live in 2010? against Valencia he was the class act on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well that didn't happen.

Arbeloa was winding his contract down. We got what we could for him.

The only problem was that we had a great RB for 3 years and more or less a terrible team around him.

Just Johnson's luck that he turns to ****e as soon as the rest of the team starts playing well.

That confidence came from them knowing they had Suarez in the team. They're distinctly average without him

Easy to say now but last season they started without him and did very well.

Defence has always been the issue, like how they conceded 3 at Palace with Suarez in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Dat defence...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rodgers can't hide after this one, he's going to have to start taking the blame for how badly organised Liverpool have been in defence for two seasons running now.

Who was he blaming instead. I'm sure he is aware of the problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Last season, teams had Suarez, Sterling and Sturidge to worry about. Right now it's just Sterling. Stop Sterling and Liverpool can be got at easily by most half decent teams. Surgery needed in January to sort the team out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's human after all.

• Advertisement

fair play Mignolet. I didn't expect you to save that.

Best one on one keeper in the league.

Hope Mig is watching the other end to see how to punch and catch the ball from corner kicks

Moreno wtf was he at?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow Ronaldo...

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Who was he blaming instead. I'm sure he is aware of the problems.

He was passing the blame off to his players in his interviews after matches and never takes the blame himself

• Advertisement

Pity Real went 3 up so easily.

Doubt they'll bother for the rest of this game with the Classico coming up and the game will just peter out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Two lads with European experience coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Thank God for the magic of Anfield - otherwise this would be 7-0 by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Last season, teams had Suarez, Sterling and Sturidge to worry about. Right now it's just Sterling. Stop Sterling and Liverpool can be got at easily by most half decent teams. Surgery needed in January to sort the team out.

Said exactly that on another forum (well newspaper), its very easy to deal with LFC with only one quick paced goal threat. Such a pity that Origi was not able to play for us, while he is another kid he is a player that would be an able partner or sub for Sturridge. That said Borinis movement is decent and should have been bought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's human after all.

ljL-i-work-at-mcdonalds-when-someone-orders-a-10-piece-chicken-nuggets-som.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement