Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Stay tuned to the Liverpool match? Why?

Who mentioned Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Delighted with that result in Sofia. Draw in the return game would be perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Real Madrids starting 11 has 600 CL games between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

noodler wrote: »
    Get the calculators out for second

Think it goes to goal difference and with Real struggling over there Ludogrets go 2nd now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Markovic frustrates me. Looks scared on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

8-10 wrote: »

Only thing is Real will have qualified after the next Liverpool game so can play a weak team for the final 2 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ludos home form.has been fantastic.. Gave Madrid a real run, and now a win against Basel..

Pool getting something from there is by no means a guarantee.. Pool did a snatch and grab against them in Anfield..

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Clutching there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MD1990 wrote: »

He has been such a disappointment so far, expected him to feel his way in a bit, but as you said looks to be just going through the motions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

microsim wrote: »
    Clutching there

Huh? I'm really pleased with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ludos home form.has been fantastic.. Gave Madrid a real run, and now a win against Basel..

Pool getting something from there is by no means a guarantee.. Pool did a snatch and grab against them in Anfield..

Ah of course. But I'll bite your hand off if a win there sends you through.

Esp after this muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MD1990 wrote: »

The Countess looks like a goal could give him the boost up needed but he does look like a rabbit in the headlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Who mentioned Liverpool?

Stay tuned.

Liverpool match thread.

Sunday.

SlightFaithfulBufeo.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Enjoyed that, real gulf in class there and when you throw awful defending into the mix Liverpool were lucky enough to come out of that just beaten by 3.

Rodgers Balotelli gamble is pleasing me more each week, huge gaffe by Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A few of you need to review the mod warning linked in the OP. I strongly suggest you do so. Cards will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Stay tuned.

Liverpool match thread.

Sunday.

Great gif. Portrays you better than any words could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

EastEnders and watching Ronaldo destroy the opposition.

Perfect night ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'd be expecting a win. They clearly had the Madrid tactics figured out in the second half. Start with a striker in the return game and they should get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kryogen wrote: »
    Enjoyed that, real gulf in class there and when you throw awful defending into the mix Liverpool were lucky enough to come out of that just beaten by 3.

Rodgers Balotelli gamble is pleasing me more each week, huge gaffe by Rodgers.

Still early but it was worth the gamble for me even though it looks like a mistake. I'd give him a few games with Sturridge before fully judging him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I'd be expecting a win. They clearly had the Madrid tactics figured out in the second half. Start with a striker in the return game and they should get the win.

The tactic of kill the game? Tactical genius

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Still early but it was worth the gamble for me even though it looks like a mistake. I'd give him a few games with Sturridge before fully judging him.

You could be right, I don't wanna go into the other thread but can you tell me why it came to that though? In terms of getting a striker in? Balotelli was being whored around by Milan to anyone to get rid of him, but how come Liverpool had not addressed the striker situation before it got to looking at taking a gamble on him?

According to the Rte lads Rodgers said he "looked in Balotellis eyes and knew blah blah blah" did he really come out with that waffle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The three lads on RTE absolutely burying Mario. I think he should be given more of a chance before people write him off.

• Mario Swapping jerseys at half-time?? He's getting slated for it at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

The three lads on RTE absolutely burying Mario. I think he should be given more of a chance before people write him off.

Think they were completely over the top imo. Saying that Balo swapped shirts to deliberately wind up Liverpool fans. wtf ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

brevity wrote: »
    Think they were completely over the top imo. Saying that Balo swapped shirts to deliberately wind up Liverpool fans. wtf ?!

Only didi said this. It was disgraceful from balotelli in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

brevity wrote: »

That was Didi's opinion.

I think he could be right, he did it at pitch side instead of in private.

Pathetic behaviour in my opinion, you should be focussed on other things at half time especially when losing 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A few of you need to review the mod warning linked in the OP. I strongly suggest you do so. Cards will follow.

Make sure you have the same warning ready for the Chelsea match on Sunday.....

I don't agree with it but to say he did it on purpose, to wind up Liverpool fans is over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nothing to be embarrassed about in fairness. Madrid are poles ahead so the result was to be expected.

For the couple of LFC fans in here getting in a lather about United fans posting in the thread dont be worrying, when we get spanked by Chelsea on Sunday ye can get yer jollies there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

microsim wrote: »
    It was disgraceful from balotelli in fairness.

Ive seen this done loads of times.
    I think because he has a bad name that it looks worse than it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Real a couple of levels above Liverpool and game over at half time.Real just strolled around the pitch for the second half in complete control which really suited them considering the important game this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Make sure you have the same warning ready for the Chelsea match on Sunday.....

Lol, getting the excuses in early this week.

xabi wrote: »

I don't expect much from the game but that's neither here nor there ha.

Just making sure things stay consistent.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I said yesterday that real would win by three but expected perhaps a 4-1. Balotelli was a horrible signing, both in terms of the required mentality to play for a historic club like Liverpool, but also tactically. I said it before, stunned ye bought him when someone like Beharino would be much better as backup to Sturridge or alongside him at times. The quicker Sturridge comes back the better as there is little attacking threat without him leading the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hardly an excuse now is it?

Turtyturd wrote: »

Madrid tactic figured out? you mean when madrid took the foot off the gas, when it was already 3-0 and have their biggest game of the season on Saturday?..

ah ya Genius from Rodgers..

• xabi wrote: »

The Mod Warning was about silly bickering at the start of the thread. Nothing got to do with making excuses. We all just expect to see some consitancy in the match threads that's all he was pointing out in fairness.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The Mod Warning was about silly bickering at the start of the thread. Nothing got to do with making excuses. We all just expect to see some consitancy in the match threads that's all he was pointing out in fairness.

Thank you! Ha.

Just so it's known to mods or whoever I'm not in here starting **** or whatever I just seen what was posted and hope the same will happen on Sunday.

It's all well and good having a laugh between fans but way this forum has gone between Liverpool and United fans is gone beyond a joke its ruining things for everyone and I tend to not post in match threads anymore cause of it.

Anyway that's end of that it's off topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Fairly expected result. Difference in class told. The first goal was unreal, but the defending for the other two as ever with Liverpool was woeful. Whenever I watch Liverpool, I continue to question how Skrtel is a starter for them, he must have dirt on the last few managers or something. Lovern likewise this season for them. Gerrard offered very little once more. Real had acres of space in and around that area of the pitch. Can did more than him in his time on the pitch after he replaced him.

Dodged a bullet with Ludogorets scoring at the end of their game.

• Advertisement

excuses? nope it was a fair point.. if a specific post is made re bickering in one thread, it's hardly too much to hope the same point is carried through to Sunday..

Don't think any of us have positives reservations about Sunday int he slightest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I said yesterday that real would win by three but expected perhaps a 4-1. Balotelli was a horrible signing, both in terms of the required mentality to play for a historic club like Liverpool, but also tactically. I said it before, stunned ye bought him when someone like Beharino would be much better as backup to Sturridge or alongside him at times. The quicker Sturridge comes back the better as there is little attacking threat without him leading the line.

There is still time for Rodgers to get something out of Balotelli but he had better sort it out because I can't see Balotelli pushing himself. I think if he hasn't scored a couple of goals by Christmas and made a noticeable turnaround in performance then he never will but it's not his fault that Rodgers plays him alone or out of position. There were moments tonight when Mario was crossing the ball into the box for Sterling, that should be the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A comfortable win for Madrid and Ronaldo's goal was something else.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Whatever about signing him, at least know not to play him as the only striker. It's so ****ing infuriating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Augmerson wrote: »
    There is still time for Rodgers to get something out of Balotelli but he had better sort it out because I can't see Balotelli pushing himself. I think if he hasn't scored a couple of goals by Christmas and made a noticeable turnaround in performance then he never will but it's not his fault that Rodgers plays him alone or out of position. There were moments tonight when Mario was crossing the ball into the box for Sterling, that should be the other way round.

The attitude is more important than the goals if Sterling and Sturridge are scoring and the likes of Lallana/Markovic chip in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Your one on RTE with the clipboard. She looks like she's about to start knocking on doors trying to get you to sign up to Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Your one on RTE with the clipboard. She looks like she's about to start knocking on doors trying to get you to sign up to Sky.

Brb someone at the door...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Hardly an excuse now is it?

Maybe not, but it's admitting defeat

Kharrell wrote: »
    Fairly expected result. Difference in class told. The first goal was unreal, but the defending for the other two as ever with Liverpool was woeful. Whenever I watch Liverpool, I continue to question how Skrtel is a starter for them, he must have dirt on the last few managers or something. Lovern likewise this season for them. Gerrard offered very little once more. Real had acres of space in and around that area of the pitch. Can did more than him in his time on the pitch after he replaced him.

Dodged a bullet with Ludogorets scoring at the end of their game.

At some point you need to stop looking at all the individual players and start looking at how they are being coached tbh

The defending has not improved one bit since he came in, Lovren didn't become a bad defender when he signed for ye

Maybe not, but it's admitting defeat

I didnt mention anyone winning or losing all i was getting at was i hope the mods give out the same warning on Sunday during the Chelsea match when the inevitable happens in the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I didnt mention anyone winning or losing all i was getting at was i hope the mods give out the same warning on Sunday during the Chelsea match when the inevitable happens in the match thread.

Assuming I can get online on Sunday, I'll be sticking it in the OP. I'm as sick of this stuff as ye are, if not moreso.

Enough about the mod warning, this is off-topic. Any more questions, pm me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement