Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hoping liverpool get into the Europa

Too right

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Too right

Honestly, I think if your looking to try and get into the top four it's the last thing you need. This is why I hope so too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Too right

If Liverpool finish 3rd, I'd be sending the U21s out to play in the EL - they'd be better!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honestly, I think if your looking to try and get into the top four it's the last thing you need. This is why I hope so too.

Top 4?

No chance tbh

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Liverpool finish 3rd, I'd be sending the U21s out to play in the EL - they'd be better!

Even though the EL winner gets a CL spot next season? Are you mad? Why buy a million squad players in the summer if that would be the case.

That attitude infuriates me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I get the chills thinking about Liverpool meeting Utd in the Europa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

xabi wrote: »
    Maybe not, but it's admitting defeat

wtf are you on about? Do you need to go back and read the post again or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Any truth to the rumour Balotelli sped out of Anfield before the match was over? Something to do with Gerard giving him stick (Rightly so if he did) about swapping Jerseys..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kharrell wrote: »
    Fairly expected result. Difference in class told. The first goal was unreal, but the defending for the other two as ever with Liverpool was woeful. Whenever I watch Liverpool, I continue to question how Skrtel is a starter for them, he must have dirt on the last few managers or something. Lovern likewise this season for them. Gerrard offered very little once more. Real had acres of space in and around that area of the pitch. Can did more than him in his time on the pitch after he replaced him.

Dodged a bullet with Ludogorets scoring at the end of their game.

Would have been better if Ludogorets and Basel really drawing their games

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Allyall wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumour Balotelli sped out of Anfield before the match was over? Something to do with Gerard giving him stick (Rightly so if he did) about swapping Jerseys..?

Yeah he tore off at high speed while throwing bangers and money at people.

Too right

Liverpool win the Europa League and United finish 4th would be a top laugh

Nice to see the fans give Ronaldo a good ovation as he left the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

kryogen wrote: »

Think Ronaldo has always been respectful towards Liverpool and there is no real malice between the fans and him.

I would have, the guy is a genius tbh. That first goal was incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

brevity wrote: »
    Think Ronaldo has always been respectful towards Liverpool and there is no real malice between the fans and him.

Eh what? Liverpool fans booed him every time he got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

quarryman wrote: »

No....some Liverpool fans did.

Even RTE commented how he was applauded off the pitch.

Yeah but showed appreciation for him when he was taken off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Top, top laugh.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yeah but showed appreciation for him when he was taken off.

The best kind of appreciation I guess, booed on the pitch but clapped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I wouldn't pass any remarks on that tbh, it's something that happens a lot, he did get a nice ovation when walking off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

wtf are you on about? Do you need to go back and read the post again or something?

No, I'm assuming the point being made is that he expects liverpool fans to be goading utd fans when Chelsea run riot, ∵ he is expecting a utd defeat, or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The best kind of appreciation I guess, booed on the pitch but clapped off.

You should look at the game again there was not that many people booing him.

People trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Players being booed occurs at every single football ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

No, I'm assuming the point being made is that he expects liverpool fans to be goading utd fans when Chelsea run riot, ∵ he is expecting a utd defeat, or something...

Yet again, see the mod warning. This is for discussion of Real - Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ill call a spade a spade, we were outplayed and out coached and second best in every department. We got blitzed for 20 minutes and that was good night unfortunately, still in a good position to qualify if we can pick things up but that looks a long way a way. Hoping to avoid the europa like the plague. Bayern-real would be an amazing game if they keep their current form.

• Advertisement

• Did Rodgers talk to the press after the game? I would be interested to see what he was asked / said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Did Rodgers talk to the press after the game? I would be interested to see what he was asked / said.

What would you be expecting him to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did Rodgers talk to the press after the game? I would be interested to see what he was asked / said.

Skysportsnews every half hour, you'll catch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

klose wrote: »
    Ill call a spade a spade, we were outplayed and out coached and second best in every department. We got blitzed for 20 minutes and that was good night unfortunately, still in a good position to qualify if we can pick things up but that looks a long way a way. Hoping to avoid the europa like the plague. Bayern-real would be an amazing game if they keep their current form.

Why avoid Europa? Makes no sense. You'd rather finish 4th than 3rd? Europa winners get a CL spot. All this of "Extra Games" if the team can't compete with the extra games they'll struggle against most Knock out teams in CL. How many Extra games is Europa ? Or am I wrong and it's the same?

Why avoid Europa? Makes no sense. You'd rather finish 4th than 3rd? Europa winners get a CL spot. All this of "Extra Games" if the team can't compete with the extra games they'll struggle against most Knock out teams in CL. How many Extra games is Europa ? Or am I wrong and it's the same?

There is one extra round in the whole competition so a total of 2 extra games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Real were different gravy, with ronaldo the jewel in the crown. Going 3-0 up allowed to ease off a little in the 2nd half. I for one am not too worried about mario shirt swapping. He was asked by pepe different if he did the asking maybe. This is all a cover for the real problems at the minute. The defending from set pieces at the minute is shocking. Mig and lovern have looked very average all season. And we will continue to concede goals from set pieces all season. Migs straight up lack of balls for the 3rd goal is awful. He half heartedly led with his legs instead of diving on the ball. Sterling looked like he was trying too hard to do it all himself. Ominously looking like it was a future job interview. Stevie offered little also. To finish on mario... I just cant see how he will score his goals in this team. Honestly what is the mindset of a guy getting paid a fortune every week if he wont at least track and run himself ragged for the cause. Even he must know liverpool is his last roll of the dice at the "big clubs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

United would still qualify for the CL in that scenario, I remember checking the rules on that a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, I'd still have pool as favourites for second spot.

brevity wrote: »

He was being booed at the start, there should be no real malice between Pool fans and him though other then the United thing, which is generally enough ;)

I would be pretty confident you made the wrong assumption so my friend.

Last night showed a different Real then what we are used to the last few years, they are such a hard working team under Ancelotti. Even when they were 3 up and cruising he was going mental with Modric for some of his awful passing and to see guys like James and Benzema still chasing down and pressuring in the last 5 minutes was extremely impressive.

Liverpool started well in terms of pressing but were unable to sustain it as Madrid were just too good at moving the ball around them even with the pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I would be pretty confident you made the wrong assumption so my friend.

I would be even more confident that I didnt, so we have something in common, confidence.... :)

Anyway, Liverpool should make 2nd in that group now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement