Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He is a liability tbh, both at Seville and will continue to be for Liverpool

For the big money surprised you didn't go for Rodriguez who is better, if United didn't get our first choice Shaw I would have taken Rodriguez in a heartbeat

Shaw?! :D

(edit - I like the fact someone with pie in user name thanked this post about Shaw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Moreno has been very good since he arrived at Liverpool bar his hesitation that cost a goal on his debut at Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'd rather have Konchesky than Shaw right now. I think that was the worst LB performance I've seen in a long long time last night. Cheered me right up.

Happy to have Moreno in the side, no doubts there. Johnson is poor enough alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Liverpool 3-0. Gerrard penalty, Arbeloa OG and Coutinho curler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

(edit - I like the fact someone with pie in user name thanked this post about Shaw)

Yeah you know, Luke Shaw, 19 year old plays for United and formerly Southampton

image1_zps56a34c11.jpg

and? So far this season I think we know who is winning, after all Lovren looked like a world beater at Southampton.

image1_zps56a34c11.jpg

Oh dear, how desparate. Why are you comparing last seasons stats? In different leagues? With players playing in different teams?

Do you not understand context?

For Liverpool, and for Liverpool fans, Moreno has been a good addition based on his performances.

Shaw, based on his performances can only be described as suffering from the pressure or confused by LVGs instructions.

Didn't take long for William waving :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

and? So far this season I think we know who is winning, after all Lovren looked like a world beater at Southampton.

So far Berahino is a better player than Sturridge and Sterling too then

Also it's hardly a coincidence that in a good organised defence Lovren looks good then he goes to Liverpool who have been awful the past 3 seasons defensively and looks bad

Rodgers is the man you should be blaming there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Liverpool's defence is awful, Madrid will be kicking themselves if they don't score 2 or 3. Think both teams will score

Can't wait to see Ronaldo and James up against Johnson and Moreno, two very poor fullbacks

50centlol5aq1q.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

So far Berahino is a better player than Sturridge and Sterling too then

Also it's hardly a coincidence that in a good organised defence Lovren looks good then he goes to Liverpool who have been awful the past 3 seasons defensively and looks bad

Rodgers is the man you should be blaming there

Have a day off, you'll have plenty to wet yourself over tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Not my ideal (prefer two up) but I'd not be appalled at this.

Mig
    Skrtel--Lovren-Sakho-
    Gerrard
    Moreno
    Hendo
    Allen
    Coutinho
    ----Sterling
    Balo

Play without a recognised right back against Madrid? Are ya mad ?
    We'd be taken to the f*cking cleaners.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Play without a recognised right back against Madrid? Are ya mad ?
    We'd be taken to the f*cking cleaners.

I'm crazy! :D This will have to do so.

Mignolet
    Manquillo--Skrtels--Lovren--Moreno
    Gerrard
    Hendo--Allen
    Coutinho
    Sterling--
    Balo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

image1_zps56a34c11.jpg

That was before Shaw went all out on the take aways for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

My Gut on this one says Liverpool, just think the team and crowd will react to the night it is. I'll be having a flutter with Paddy @10/3

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Moreno versus Luke Shaw in a liverpool-real match thread
    well, i suppose utd fans need their lil' victories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

BMMachine wrote: »
    Moreno versus Luke Shaw in a liverpool-real match thread
    well, i suppose utd fans need their lil' victories

Rayne Wooney said if United didn't get Shaw he would have liked Rodriguez, Liverpool fans proceeded to mock Shaw.
    Read the thread before spouting your nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Madrid are unbalanced but Carlo's seems to be refining that balance each week. This may be tighter than people expect but only if Liverpool display some defensive acumen otherwise it'll be a bloodbath!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rayne Wooney said if United didn't get Shaw he would have liked Rodriguez, Liverpool fans proceeded to mock Shaw.
    Oh really here was me just thinking to myself that it was a very odd post by rayne in a match thread bringing up a comparison between a player from a team that wasnt involved in the game. Thanks for clearing it up.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Madrid are unbalanced but Carlo's seems to be refining that balance each week. This may be tighter than people expect but only if Liverpool display some defensive acumen otherwise it'll be a bloodbath!

Defensive acumen? Not gonna happen.

• Advertisement

Oh really here was me just thinking to myself that it was a very odd post by rayne in a match thread bringing up a comparison between a player from a team that wasnt involved in the game. Thanks for clearing it up.

The original post mentioned that Rodriguez would have been a better player to go for than Moreno, you know, Moreno the lad that plays for Liverpool???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Liverpool will give this a good shot but Madrid class should be little too much and can see them getting few near end of game. Would not be shocked if Liverpool got something though.

1-3

The original post mentioned that Rodriguez would have been a better player to go far than Moreno, you know, Moreno the lad that plays for Liverpool???
    Take the war paint off even just for 1 day. You can put it back on at 745 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who is Rodriguez anyway?

speaking of lil' victories, heres will i amnt in a liverpool match thread. big game for spanish utd tomorrow, i expect your best material.

so, why was rayne there on about shaw? something about rodriguez? seems really relevant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who is Rodriguez anyway?

The world's 4th best left-back after:

1. Shaw
    2. Rojo
    3. Reus

Take the war paint off even just for 1 day. You can put it back on at 745 tomorrow.

You know what's funny? The little one-sided grudge match you have going with me. It never comes down to the post content, just the username. Your little crusade to pull me up on anything you can because I'm Mr Biased.

I hope the irony of all that isn't lost on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Liverpool have, to an almost bizarre extent, avoided hammerings over the last 20 years.

The worst I can remember was Chelsea beating us 1-4 in Anfield in 2006 or something.

So I'd be very surprised if there's any more than 3 goals in it.

But I'd also eat my hat if Liverpool actually win. Even if we had everyone available and played the best we have this season, Real would still be in a different league.

It'll be close for a little while - maybe up until the end of the first half, but I'd say Liverpool will never really look like winning the game.

You know what's funny? The little one-sided grudge match you have going with me. It never comes down to the post content, just the username. Your little crusade to pull me up on anything you can because I'm Mr Biased.

seems you have a lot of grudge matches here. very hard to fathom why, i mean you are always winning arent you?

Ironing is delicious in this thread.

Hopefully the game lives up to this thread! There is a game isn't there?? :D

• Advertisement

No I just think you consistently post nonsense when it comes to Liverpool Utd stuff .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mod warning - this is a match thread, for discussion of the Liverpool - Real Madrid game. Please cut down the usual meaningless bickering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

For the big money surprised you didn't go for Rodriguez who is better, if United didn't get our first choice Shaw I would have taken Rodriguez in a heartbeat
    He hasn't been a liabilty at Liverpool though. He is an excellent LB prospect & so what he had some dips in form at Sevilla he is still a young defender. Moreno cost 12m. Rodriguez would have cost 25-30m as Wolfsberg are a wealthy club.

I actually worry that tomorrow might be a low point in the season for us. Defensively we have got worse, our midfield is slower and more brittle and naturally our attacking options have diminished.

I don't even know if we have it in us to set up defensively and look for something on the counter, but that really is our only hope of getting something here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

You almost had me, but the comparison with Shaw exposed your blatant fishing attempt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Madrid to win by three. Can't see the backline holding Ronaldo and co.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We're expected to do so badly we might actually do well!

I doubt it though.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Madrid to win by three. Can't see the backline holding Ronaldo and co.

11/2 for Madrid by over 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hey, yo.

Handy win for Ronnie FC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Lovren v Ronaldo.

This is going to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hey, yo.

Handy win for Ronnie FC.

A hole in my heart has now been filled. Welcome home.

Young Carragher and Ronaldo

10730780_863705203661490_4786149376896558642_n.jpg?oh=a3e8bc1283a2bc78969bcad2fdb5db8d&oe=54EF56D6

Jump on his foot! :pac:

B0fjvR7CAAAp-qy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Real are not the be all and end all of football, fair enough they might win, but liverpool will give them a good game wait and see;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Young Carragher and Ronaldo

10730780_863705203661490_4786149376896558642_n.jpg?oh=a3e8bc1283a2bc78969bcad2fdb5db8d&oe=54EF56D6

Hes deffo robbin his wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Real are not the be all and end all of football, fair enough they might win, but liverpool will give them a good game wait and see;)

Game of cards maybe :pac:. Real will win this comfortably with players like Modric, Kroos, Benezema, Isco, Rodriguez and the unstoppable Ronaldo. Liverpool Fans will have to be the 12th man tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If Ramos and Pepe get sent off in the first 3 minutes we might get a result here :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

5starpool wrote: »
    If Ramos and Pepe get sent off in the first 3 minutes we might get a result here :pac:

Ramos is out so no annual yellow card :pac:

Looper007 wrote: »
    Game of cards maybe :pac:. Real will win this comfortably with players like Modric, Kroos, Benezema, Isco, Rodriguez and the unstoppable Ronaldo. Liverpool Fans will have to be the 12th man tomorrow.

Liverpool fans will be the 12th man, no question.

Just need the other 11 to show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have used my free bet from betfair to back Madrid, the price is too tempting to turn down anyway so the free bet saves me risking any of my own money.

If Liverpool can keep it tight early you never know of course, but its hard to see them keeping Madrid out all night given the defensive frailty they regularly display, Skrtel is a walking penalty tomorrow too actually, continental refs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement