Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Real Madrid CL Match Day 3 Oct 22nd KO @ 19:45 SS5 See mod warning in op

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully bayern and shaktar are using up the allocated amounts of hammerings for this game week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Be very surprised if Liverpool took a hammering, Madrid are not the same on their travels usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kryogen wrote: »
    Have used my free bet from betfair to back Madrid, the price is too tempting to turn down anyway so the free bet saves me risking any of my own money.

If Liverpool can keep it tight early you never know of course, but its hard to see them keeping Madrid out all night given the defensive frailty they regularly display, Skrtel is a walking penalty tomorrow too actually, continental refs

Are you not better off using your free bets for an old long shot since you don't get your money back.

Nib wrote: »
    Lovren v Ronaldo.

This is going to be funny.

You could probably apply that to any centre half in the premier league really.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are you not better off using your free bets for an old long shot since you don't get your money back.

Better off using it on something I think has a pretty reasonable chance of coming through and risk free. Maybe you are different of course.

I don't really do the old long shots tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Better off using it on something I think has a pretty reasonable chance of coming through and risk free. Maybe you are different of course.

I don't really do the old long shots tbh

Whats the bet, shirley theres no value with Madrid tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's not, and don't call me Shirley.

sorry couldn't resist.

There 4/5. It seems like a bit of a waste of a free bet. Maybe Madrid -2 would be a bit of value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

4/5 is a great price to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

4/5 is a great price to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's been a week for drubbings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Madrid -1 looks good to me at 2/1. I got 23/10 a few days ago, might still be available on some sites.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

4/5 on what I think is about a 1/2 shot is a great price.

I'm not sure why people are drawn to longer shots when betting. It's what the bookies want people to focus on though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

It's almost laughable seeing Liverpool's defence and Madrid's attack side by side.

Seeing as the English side don't even have a proper striker available and can't rely on own goals to see them through this time I imagine they'll be 3 down by half time before Real let up and give them one back in the second half out of complacency.

3-1 Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Average of 5 goals per game across all 8 CL ties tonight. :eek:

Over 2.5 goals is low odds but a banker I feel. Genuinely can't wait for this game, went to the first 2 group games and raging I'm not at this one but excited none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

In fairness Madrid weren't great against those minnows the last away fixture, can't remember the name.

In fairness Madrid weren't great against those minnows the last away fixture, can't remember the name.

They're a good side, minnows by reputation but they can play

Ludogorets? They were a solid team in fairness

Madrid to win, 4/5.

Certainly worth a punt risk free. They should be shorter, the classico at the weekend and maybe reputation keeping them from being a touch (euphemism for a lot!) shorter?

• Advertisement

There 4/5. It seems like a bit of a waste of a free bet. Maybe Madrid -2 would be a bit of value.

Do you understand value?

(genuine question)

Do you understand value?

(genuine question)

Yes I don't think your getting value for your free bet if you waste it on a 4/5 shot. What do you have a 10 euro free bet. 8 euro return is not great value for me. When it's a free bet you should look for more value like a 3/1 or 4/1 shot. That's just my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yes I don't think your getting value for your free bet if you waste it on a 4/5 shot. What do you have a 10 euro free bet. 8 euro return is not great value for me. When it's a free bet you should look for more value like a 3/1 or 4/1 shot. That's just my opinion.

That's not how value works in gambling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Jesus. Can ye set up a betting thread or something? Please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Jesus. Can ye set up a betting thread or something? Please!!

In fairness it's much better than Utd-Liverpool bickering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In fairness it's much better than Utd-Liverpool bickering

It's a meta version of this.

• Advertisement

There's a whole forum on football betting if you guys want to get in-depth about it betting in general. If it's just stuff about this match, that's fine.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1357

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Turtyturd wrote: »

im-not-saying-its-meta-but-its-meta.jpg

Its a £25 free bet as I have already said, and your interpretation is not how value works in gambling tbh.

I think we have probably gone on about it too much at this point, you pay your money you take your chance, you bet how you want, I'll do likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Value for money would be Liverpool @7/2.

Can't believe the negativity around regarding Liverpool, Ok its Madrid but at the end of the day, its a cup match and its at Anfield.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

really looking forward to this. chances are we'll lose but anything can happen. If we get played off the pitch though it wouldnt suprise me :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Charlie19 wrote: »

Can't believe the negativity around regarding Liverpool, Ok its Madrid but at the end of the day, its a cup match and its at Anfield.

Yeah if you don't value your money maybe :p

I would only back Barca and Munich to beat Real the way they are currently playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Balotelli to score the hat trick.

Will be quoted when I'm right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah if you don't value your money maybe :p

I would only back Barca and Munich to beat Real the way they are currently playing.

Haha But I was really referring to Liverpool fans, as I could never really see myself betting against my own team.

Even when Roy was in charge I just couldn't bring myself to do it, I'm sure utd fans where the same under Moyes.

Anyhow I never really involve Liverpool in my gambling, as its bad enough when they dont win to have to deal with losing my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Charlie19 wrote: »

Liverpool can't defend, they made QPR look like world beaters at the weekend. Sterling is all they have going for them atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Turtyturd wrote: »

Wait until Suarez get's going for Barca, the Madrid v Barca arguments will be fierce heated on the forum and it will be absolutely pathetic.

Cause the Madrid v Barca arguments are not heated and mainly, dumb, already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

You'll know after 5 minutes if Liverpool have a chance tonight.

We need to rush out of the blocks like we did so many times last season, like we did against Juventus in '05. Allen, Henderson, Coutinho/Lallana, Sterling the key.

One last post on the betting. Madrid - 1 on the Asian handicap stands out for me at 6/4 for anyone going with Madrid.

Looking forward to this. I just hope from a Liverpool point of view that we make a game of it.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    One last post on the betting. Madrid - 1 on the Asian handicap stands out for me at 6/4 for anyone going with Madrid.

Looking forward to this. I just hope from a Liverpool point of view that we make a game of it.

Great night for ye alright, nothing like a big European night

*sniff sniff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Liverpool can't defend, they made QPR look like world beaters at the weekend. Sterling is all they have going for them atm.

QPR played to their strengths, which are not ours, and still took 87 minutes to score. That was largely down to Enrique not bothering to track his runner.
    We were far more concerning in possession than we were in defense.

I think Real could play to our strengths. We will defend in numbers, not leaving space in behind, and use the pace of Lallana, Sterling and Balo to attack on the break. It's not inconceivable that we could get a goal. Varane will come in for Ramos, so we can't do him for pace, but maybe Balo can get himself 1 on 1 with him and use his strength to unsettle him.

I like the idea of Sterling running at Pepe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

as the day goes on i'm getting more and more optimistic. Maybe its a stubborness that I wont accept someone coming to anfield and battering us. I'd be far more worried if we were playing chelsea tonight than I am madrid. We can get plenty of opporunity on the counter tonight, the issue will be can we hold them off to get those chances.

On the betting part of this thread i'm going to go over 4.5 goals at 11/4 simply because I think we will score and so will they. Proper shootout coming I think

I'm getting very excited for this game. Moreso than Saturday's el Classico game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Iang87 wrote: »
    as the day goes on i'm getting more and more optimistic. Maybe its a stubborness that I wont accept someone coming to anfield and battering us. I'd be far more worried if we were playing chelsea tonight than I am madrid. We can get plenty of opporunity on the counter tonight, the issue will be can we hold them off to get those chances.

On the betting part of this thread i'm going to go over 4.5 goals at 11/4 simply because I think we will score and so will they. Proper shootout coming I think

If I were a Pool fan I would be optimistic, Anfield is different than most on a big CL night and the fans transpire a lot of confidence and energy to the players. I'll be taking Pool at 10/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'd favour Real -1 in this game. As mentioned above it depends on how Liverpool start, if they're sluggish in the first ten minutes, I'd expect a couple of goals for Real.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I hope the Toure starting rumours arent true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Looking forward to this, fancy Liverpool to get something tonight. Balotelli needs to play for his team mates tonight and hold up the ball and then pass it to the runners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Liverpool's defence is awful, Madrid will be kicking themselves if they don't score 2 or 3. Think both teams will score

Can't wait to see Ronaldo and James up against Johnson and Moreno, two very poor fullbacks

Ha ha is this the best you can do? I actually thought of your Moreno v Shaw jive talking that you carried out in the summer as I watched a complete and utter horror show from Shaw against West Brom, he looked a fish out of water totally devoid of any confidence or any idea what to do with the ball, he was equally as bad defending as he was attacking, maybe LVG has broke him with all those unfit comments, Moreno has in the main looked decent for Liverpool, so this is definitely not the right moment for you to be piping up that debate again, after the West Brom game I thought you'd be hoping no one remembered what you were saying in the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I think Balotelli might just come good in a match like this. Real are very ropey at the back and won't play too deep, so if we're breaking quickly with Sterling and Coutinho, if Balotelli can get himself into positions off the shoulder of defenders, we could very well threaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Boring 0-0 draw

japan-weird-face-exerciser.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Haven't a hope of getting a result. Whta with Johnson and Moreno as full backs and our centre backs as centre backs.
    Balotelli has been playing well but I can't see him doing much tonight, pity.
    The one thing that the team have going for them is a strong central middle core of midfield players that play in the middle of the pitch in midfield, they really are the keystone.
    Borini, Markovic and Can all rested tonight I reckon. Could be missed or not missed but
    Should be a good game and I predict the team that wins getting a result tonight or at least a draw if the other team manages to get a draw.
    Hopefully it will be a good match thread with plenty of bickering and pointing out obvious stuff and others debating the obvious and with people posting their joy or ire at events in the match.
    I for one expect a long draw out thread after the match, which will be a joy to read or maybe it won't be a joy, I don't like doing predictions so I won't bother trying to predict the outcome of the after match results on the thread.
    Although I expect Balotelli to pick up his form and score tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement