Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check on my number please

Options
  • 20-10-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi Colm et Al.

Ive just pm'd you my number to see if efibre is available. It is in my area however I think I may be connected to the exchange, which is bad ju-ju.

Failing that, if I run a fibre line to the exchange can it be connected to a port?

Regards
    DaveW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Xennon wrote: »
    Hi Colm et Al.

Ive just pm'd you my number to see if efibre is available. It is in my area however I think I may be connected to the exchange, which is bad ju-ju.

Failing that, if I run a fibre line to the exchange can it be connected to a port?

Regards
    DaveW
    Hi Xennon

Unfortunately your line is indeed directly connected.

A solution has been agreed for lines directly fed from the exchange however plans to roll out a solution have not yet been finalised and the best indication we can offer on more news for a solution will be approximately mid 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Hi Al,

Yeah thought as much, couple of questions leading on from this (I work in IT so I understand these contraints);

Where would the nearest cabinet be to me, can you find out?

If I were to run fibre to the exchange could I get it lit?

Im guessing the answers already but no harm in asking.

Dave

Hi Al,

Yeah thought as much, couple of questions leading on from this (I work in IT so I understand these contraints);

Where would the nearest cabinet be to me, can you find out?

If I were to run fibre to the exchange could I get it lit?

Im guessing the answers already but no harm in asking.

Dave
    Hi Dave, 

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to advise of your nearest cabinet, we don't have access to this information. 

It's also not possible for you to run eFibre to the exchange. 

Sorry it's not better news.

Al  

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Hi Al,

Thanks yeah I thought so, no harm in asking though.

Im happy enough with the download tbh, apart from being routed through Galway, but would there be any way of improving upload speeds?

Thanks again

Dave

Hi Al,

Thanks yeah I thought so, no harm in asking though.

Im happy enough with the download tbh, apart from being routed through Galway, but would there be any way of improving upload speeds?

Thanks again

Dave
    Unfortunately not Xennon - eircom cannot directly manage upload speeds and you are availing of the highest upload package eircom offer for non efibre subscriptions.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement