Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE DECIDER. HUGE MATCH. DUNDALK FC V CORK CITY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Good point by Stuey Byrne on Soccer Republic tonight. Knowing a point will do us is tricky mentally. Of course every manager is going to say we are going to win, but on the pitch it doesn't always translate totally like that. Will be a hell of an event though, fantastic it's come down to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hope Cork pull this off because Dundalk have been wrecking my head since last season.

In saying that, a Dundalk triumph would be worth it just to see Pighead's posts afterwards.

It actually really wouldn't. Not even talking about the natural gloating. It just really wouldn't in well......any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

gimmick wrote: »
    Word is a good 500 home tickets are headed south. Shoddy organisation from Dundalk.

A lot of people including myself brought them on ticketgroup. Not sure exactly how many brought them. Going to be a cracking athmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Cork City
    Rebel Boy wrote: »
    A lot of people including myself brought them on ticketgroup. Not sure exactly how many brought them. Going to be a cracking athmosphere.

If you are from Cork and it doesn't say AWAY on your ticket, you will not get past the barriers that will be put up 200 yards from the entrance to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

If you are from Cork and it doesn't say AWAY on your ticket, you will not get past the barriers that will be put up 200 yards from the entrance to the ground.

So you're saying they are going to leave 2 or 3 hundred boozed up City fans roaming the streets of Dundalk even though they have a valid ticket?

Get real man.

Cork City
    CHealy wrote: »
    So you're saying they are going to leave 2 or 3 hundred boozed up City fans roaming the streets of Dundalk even though they have a valid ticket?

Get real man.

So you're saying the Gardai are going to let 2 or 3 hundred boozed up City fans into the home end?

Get real man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Major screw up by Dundalk so. The tickets are valid. The club will know this so I assume they will have to section off these fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Cork City

Get real man.

Why not?

They're not Shamrock Rovers fans, what trouble will they cause

• Advertisement

Cork City
    gimmick wrote: »
    Major screw up by Dundalk so. The tickets are valid. The club will know this so I assume they will have to section off these fellas.

They won't get near the ground so sectioning off doesn't arise. If they insist on travelling to Dundalk with the wrong ticket, they can watch the game in any pub in Dundalk. There will be plenty of room. The town will be desserted for the duration of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

They won't get near the ground so sectioning off doesn't arise. If they insist on travelling to Dundalk with the wrong ticket, they can watch the game in any pub in Dundalk. There will be plenty of room. The town will be desserted for the duration of the game.

i know this is probably your wish but I cant see this happening and it shouldn't happen. Look at Ireland away matches and you will Irish in the home end as well as the away. it a fact of life with football

Cork City
    i know this is probably your wish but I cant see this happening and it shouldn't happen. Look at Ireland away matches and you will Irish in the home end as well as the away. it a fact of life with football

It not what I wish at all. The Gardai in Dundalk are all over this game and they are dictating what will happen.

If lads want to take the risk and travel with the wrong tickets, that is their decision. However, they will need to be clever about it.

It not what I wish at all. The Gardai in Dundalk are all over this game and they are dictating what will happen.

If lads want to take the risk and travel with the wrong tickets, that is their decision. However, they will need to be clever about it.

Clever as in dont walk up in City gear and keep the mouth closed? Believe me when I say that there will be a couple of hundred City fans in the home end Friday night. They will probably just get into the away end though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Cork City
    Fuhrer wrote: »
    Why not?

They're not Shamrock Rovers fans, what trouble will they cause

The Gardai have said they wont allow it.

Id be more concerned about some of our own "fans" (scumbags who come out for the big games) starting bother with Cork fans in the home end and thats why the Gardai wont allow it.

Gardai and Stewards will be checking everyones ticket coming up the Carrick Road, It will be very easy for them to ask for your ticket and when you speak to them, wont be too hard for them to tell the difference between a Cork accent and a Dundalk accent

As has been said earlier, Try if you want, but dont be surprised if your not in the ground

Cork City
    Clever as in dont walk up in City gear and keep the mouth closed? Believe me when I say that there will be a couple of hundred City fans in the home end Friday night. They will probably just get into the away end though.

The away end holds 600/650.....You really think they are going to put 1000+ into it? If any injuries occured in the away end, the club would be ****ed so its not going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cork City
    The Gardai in Dundalk are all over this game and they are dictating what will happen.

More chance of seeing police in Derry :pac:

I think Dundalk will do it and I fear Cork will play for the draw, especially the longer it goes 0-0. Personally, Cork are the better side and I'd prefer if they do it. Hopefully both sides show up.

Either way I'll be in Tallaght, blissfully unaware of the dramatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The poor Dundalk fans are rattled. Like their manager.

Some top class Shelolbourne bitterness on the thread as well. Great scenes!

No matter what happens I hope everybody has a load of fun and that we can share our stories over some hot coca some night.

City to win 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Cork City
    Cork fans with home side tickets?? Grey area tbh.Cant see the cops stopping them.Probably already provision made to stick them in the away section.
    Also don't envisage any trouble at the match,before,during or after.The scummers haven't had the time to organise anything and i'd say heavy Garda presence will stop anything in it's tracks.

Cork City
    Roar wrote: »
    The poor Dundalk fans are rattled. Like their manager.

Some top class Shelolbourne bitterness on the thread as well. Great scenes!

All Dundalk fans have said in this, is that the club and Gardai have said any Cork fans found with tickets that have not got "AWAY END" on them, will not be allowed into the ground.

They obvs wont be able to stop everyone (if they have 500 home tickets) but it was only said as a warning, that Tickets will be checked and if you have a home ticket and your from Cork, Their is a strong possibilty the Gardai will take your ticket off you.

As for home crowd, Talk in Oriel that the Temp Stand might be going back in. Awaiting permission and confirmation that its allowed go in. Must be completed by Thurs evening though (Think it went up in 1 day last time)

Will be situated Shed Side of Carrick Road End and be for Home Fans Only. Really hope it goes up as it looked great the last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cork City
    dfx- wrote: »
    Personally, Cork are the better side and I'd prefer if they do it.
    I think you'd be in the minority with that opinion. For the first four or five months of this season we played some sensational stuff. Cork have never reached those heights. Cork are dogged, determined and dour. No style, no spectacular, no sexiness. The frumpy girl sitting on her own at the disco.

All Dundalk fans have said in this, is that the club and Gardai have said any Cork fans found with tickets that have not got "AWAY END" on them, will not be allowed into the ground.

They obvs wont be able to stop everyone (if they have 500 home tickets) but it was only said as a warning, that Tickets will be checked and if you have a home ticket and your from Cork, Their is a strong possibilty the Gardai will take your ticket off you.

Accent checks at the ground then? LOL.

Just keep your mouth shut on the way into the ground and don't wear any club colours. Simples.

Dundalk made a mess of things by putting tickets on sale online. Not clever.

Cork City
    Accent checks at the ground then? LOL.

Just keep your mouth shut on the way into the ground and don't wear any club colours. Simples.

Dundalk made a mess of things by putting tickets on sale online. Not clever.

Who said accent checks? I said if a Gardai spoke to you, it wouldnt be hard for him to figure out where you are from

FFS, I dont care if the 500 are in the home end...Just giving the heads up for any on here with home tickets, to be careful when going up the Carrick Road as they are on the look out for Cork fans with home tickets

Is it that hard to understand?

Pighead wrote: »
    I think you'd be in the minority with that opinion. For the first four or five months of this season we played some sensational stuff. Cork have never reached those heights. Cork are dogged, determined and dour. No style, no spectacular, no sexiness. The frumpy girl sitting on her own at the disco.

Rattled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cork City

Cork have hammered Rovers in the league this season, not even a goal. Rovers competed with Dundalk, even on the watered pitch and only 10 men.

Cork City
    Really hope it goes up as it looked great the last time

It'll look even better with fans on it.

It was reported in the Independent that the club are looking for a larger version of the one that was put in for the league cup final. RTE are bringing a lot of cameras and equipment though. Cork fans may have to do with one portaloo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Starting to get bitchy in here :D

Cork City
    It'll look even better with fans on it.

It was reported in the Independent that the club are looking for a larger version of the one that was put in for the league cup final. RTE are bringing a lot of cameras and equipment though. Cork fans may have to do with one portaloo.

and No womens toilets just like our women had to deal with in Cork!

Cork City

Seriously? Discussing the quality of football with a Shams fan. You should know better :P

Cork are a good side. We are a good side. The table doesn't lie.

I happen to prefer the type of football we play but that is subjective.

Cork City
    and No womens toilets just like our women had to deal with in Cork!

just jumped the shark for bitchiness now Dan ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement

Cork City
    Seriously? Discussing the quality of football with a Shams fan. You should know better :P

Cork are a good side. We are a good side. The table doesn't lie.

I happen to prefer the type of football we play but that is subjective.

Who gives a **** if we play better football than Cork, If they dont play the ball on ground as much

The only thing that matters is who is top of the league at approx 9.35Pm on Fri night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd love to see the day some clubs in this league turn away paying customers. I bet the cork supporters with home tickets will get crammed in somewhere and the home end tickets will be sold twice.

Cork City
    dfx- wrote: »
    Cork have hammered Rovers in the league this season, not even a goal. Rovers competed with Dundalk, even on the watered pitch and only 10 men.
    Ah so you are basing who is the better team solely on games against Rovers then. Ignoring the other 50 odd games we've played this season. EA Sports Cup champions. Setanta Cup Finalists. A decent run in Europe. And with a chance of winning the league this Friday. Also we have played Rovers eight times this year and lost just once (winning four). Face it we are the better team.

Face it we are the better team.

Not according to the current league table you're not.

Cork City
    Not according to the current league table you're not.
    Come back to me Friday evening.

Cork City
    anncoates wrote: »
    I'd love to see the day some clubs in this league turn away paying customers. I bet the cork supporters with home tickets will get crammed in somewhere and the home end tickets will be sold twice.

The club cant resell the tickets to home supporters as they dont know how many tickets Cork fans have for the home end

Rattled.

Take a deep breath buddy, it's only football.

Cork City
    Ah so you are basing who is the better team solely on games against Rovers then. Ignoring the other 50 odd games we've played this season. EA Sports Cup champions. Setanta Cup Finalists. A decent run in Europe. And with a chance of winning the league this Friday. Also we have played Rovers eight times this year and lost just once (winning four). Face it we are the better team.
    Football and style mean nothing here ourrr! It's all about how many Cork will bring and the on thread poll ;)we're pretty handy but dont let that get in the way.We're "rattled" :)

Theres still no pressure on us even though we sit high and mighty on top of the league. Our goal was to qualify for a European tournament this season. Job Done. Anything else is a welcome and added bonus. We go up to Dundalk with peace in our minds that even if it doesn't happen, we've still over achieved for the season. I was ten times more nervous before the games against Limerick, Sligo and Bohs recently than I am heading upto this.

As for Dundalk, this is it, has to be now. I fear for Dundalk if it doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Theres still no pressure on us even though we sit high and mighty on top of the league. Our goal was to qualify for a European tournament this season. Job Done. Anything else is a welcome and added bonus. We go up to Dundalk with peace in our minds that even if it doesn't happen, we've still over achieved for the season. I was ten times more nervous before the games against Limerick, Sligo and Bohs recently than I am heading upto this.

As for Dundalk, this is it, has to be now. I fear for Dundalk if it doesn't happen.

You're not convincing anyone....your arse will be going 90 on Friday night, don't pretend otherwise!

And mindgames won't work on Pighead!!

Cork City

Well if you go back to Stephen Kennys first press conference, he said we would win the league within 3 years, so judging by you saying Cork who are 1 point clear with 1 game to go are under no pressure, then technically either are we as this is only year 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The pitch is why I give Dundalk the favourite tag.

Its worth fair few points to them every season.

And they be complaining about the weather in Bray then....;)

Cork City

These Alex Ferguson style posts are hilarious. Who do you think you are kidding. :D

Cork City

Absolute scutter! Look at the poll. Boards.ie's soccer posters expects Cork to win it. Pressure is huge. In the eyes of this soccer forum the title is yours. Boards expects. It's up to your lot not to soil their nappies. If Cork lose you will weep like a little baby girl. 'Anything else is a bonus' my hoop!

No if or buts or excuses.

If we lose the league I will be fairly upset and we wont be good enough.

OK the pitch and all, but at end of day if we don't get result we don't deserve the league.

Same goes for Dundalk though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The club cant resell the tickets to home supporters as they dont know how many tickets Cork fans have for the home end

It's league of Ireland. They'll just keep letting people in. No way of telling who is a genuine home supporter on the day though.

Trying to imagine us bringing our customary few hundred into the Jodi and then celebrating a league win against Bohs in there. :pac:

Looking froward to watching the game after our match. Pity it will be nigh on impossible to not hear the score before I watch it.

Cork City
    [QUOTE=The_Kew_Tour;92700289]The pitch is why I give Dundalk the favourite tag.

Its worth fair few points to them every season.

And they be complaining about the weather in Bray then....;)[/QUOTE]

Since we came up to the Premier a few years back, We have more points on the road than we do in Oriel!

Dont let facts get in the way though

Cork City
    Good to see League Of Ireland hitting it high here.
    For now anyway.
    It would be great if it was this way all the time! It is the greatest league in the World.

Dont let facts get in the way though

I'm not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads ye can wrap it up and twist it any way ye want but too say City are favorites is laughable! JC has worked wonders with the team but hes only starting his project so I'm sure he woulda have taken second at the start of the season. This isn't Celtic V Rangers either lads everyone with a ticket will be left in accent or no accent!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement