Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE DECIDER. HUGE MATCH. DUNDALK FC V CORK CITY

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cork City
    Football and style mean nothing here ourrr! It's all about how many Cork will bring and the on thread poll ;)we're pretty handy but dont let that get in the way.We're "rattled" :)

It's unlikely to come down to style, it certainly hasn't in the past couple of games. All the goals Dundalk scored mean nothing now.

I know Cork are mentally strong and physically strong enough and are in form..it's whether Dundalk and what Dundalk turn up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Cork City
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads ye can wrap it up and twist it any way ye want but too say City are favorites is laughable!
    How is it laughable when most bookies have Cork down as favourites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Cork City
    dfx- wrote: »
    It's unlikely to come down to style, it certainly hasn't in the past couple of games. All the goals Dundalk scored mean nothing now.

I know Cork are mentally strong and physically strong enough and are in form..it's whether Dundalk and what Dundalk turn up..

I think a mentally strong Dundalk team will be on show and on form this Friday.This is our home ground don't forget.& A pitch we love :P also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Cork City
    I'm not

Well you said the pitch was worth extra points to us, Its clearly not since we have a better away record since it was installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

kfallon wrote: »
    You're not convincing anyone....your arse will be going 90 on Friday night, don't pretend otherwise!

And mindgames won't work on Pighead!!
    Well if you go back to Stephen Kennys first press conference, he said we would win the league within 3 years, so judging by you saying Cork who are 1 point clear with 1 game to go are under no pressure, then technically either are we as this is only year 2
    These Alex Ferguson style posts are hilarious. Who do you think you are kidding. :D
    Pighead wrote: »
    Absolute scutter! Look at the poll. Boards.ie's soccer posters expects Cork to win it. Pressure is huge. In the eyes of this soccer forum the title is yours. Boards expects. It's up to your lot not to soil their nappies. If Cork lose you will weep like a little baby girl. 'Anything else is a bonus' my hoop!

Jesus I didnt think the rattle job was that bad up in north County Louth.

Enjoy the build up lads, this is what its all about.

Cork City
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads ye can wrap it up and twist it any way ye want but too say City are favorites is laughable! JC has worked wonders with the team but hes only starting his project so I'm sure he woulda have taken second at the start of the season. This isn't Celtic V Rangers either lads everyone with a ticket will be left in accent or no accent!!

You have not looked at the bookies odds

TO WIN THE LEAGUE

Cork 8/11
    Dundalk EVS

Cork are favourites, for anyone to say different is talking ****e

Cork City
    Chealy is convinced theres rattling going on in Dundalk? ?
    I'm away out the back to mix up a lock of diesel and enough of this one trick pony stock statement shoite talk! TTYL ;0

Cork City
    I'm away out the back to mix up a lock of diesel and enough of this one trick pony stock statement shoite talk! TTYL ;0

Chealy is coming across as the most rattled person on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah so you are basing who is the better team solely on games against Rovers then. Ignoring the other 50 odd games we've played this season. EA Sports Cup champions. Setanta Cup Finalists. A decent run in Europe. And with a chance of winning the league this Friday. Also we have played Rovers eight times this year and lost just once (winning four). Face it we are the better team.

In fairness you should be glad he's ignoring all the other league matches. Your second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You have not looked at the bookies odds

TO WIN THE LEAGUE

Cork 8/11
    Dundalk EVS

Cork are favourites, for anyone to say different is talking ****e

I wouldn't say we are favourites at all, you say that as if it's a certainty. Ridiculous. I would say it's pretty even. How can a home team who haven't lost at home and won almost all the rest not be considered favourites or at the least, even odds. Not to mention won 4-0 in the same fixture.

• Advertisement

Chealy is coming across as the most rattled person on here!

:D:D

Doing yourselves no favors boys.

Savior the week cause they don't come along like this that often.

Cork City
    CHealy wrote: »
    :D:D

Doing yourselves no favors boys.

Savior the week cause they don't come along like this that often.

We wont be the one's playing.Did you leave the rattling "ahind" you ?
    Who's on the injury list for Cork on Friday? Serious question.

We wont be the one's playing.Did you leave the rattling "ahind" you ?
    Who's on the injury list for Cork on Friday? Serious question.

1. What???

2. Ross Gaynor was in a protective boot last Friday, he will be a huge loss although some lads saw him walking around fine yesterday at Bishopstown when queuing for tickets so it might have just been precautionary. Gearoid Morrissey was a 50/50 before the Bohs game but they kept him out, so hopefully he'll be ok. Colin Healy usually doesnt play on yer pitch cause its no good for his knees, but I'd fully expect him to be starting.

How are ye looking?

Cork City
    Corholio wrote: »
    In fairness you should be glad he's ignoring all the other league matches. Your second.
    That we are Corholio. That we are. Luckily for us the season consists of 33 games so we have a wee game on Friday night to put that right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dundalk fans are so rattled they're colluding with the Guards to keep Cork fans out of town. Rattled.

Cork City
    Just the six Dundalk players in the PFAI team of the year.
    Gannon, Boyle, Gartland, Towell, Horgan and Hoban.

B0eMlcgIIAAuA6A.jpg

How many of that 6 will still be at the club next year? Honest question. There has to be high interest from England for most of them.

Cork City
    How many of that 6 will still be at the club next year? Honest question. There has to be high interest from England for most of them.
    Gartland, Gannon, Hoban and Horgan I'm fairly sure will still be with us. Two months ago I would have said it was likely that Towell and Boyle would go but now I'm not so sure.

Cork City
    1. What???

2. Ross Gaynor was in a protective boot last Friday, he will be a huge loss although some lads saw him walking around fine yesterday at Bishopstown when queuing for tickets so it might have just been precautionary. Gearoid Morrissey was a 50/50 before the Bohs game but they kept him out, so hopefully he'll be ok. Colin Healy usually doesnt play on yer pitch cause its no good for his knees, but I'd fully expect him to be starting.

How are ye looking?
    The boo boys in the shed probably would've spooked Gaynor anyway so no gain(nor) for us if he is out injured.

Dundalk reporting no injuries so far apart from long term absentees David McMillan and Simon Kelly. thats it i hope.

• Advertisement

Cork City
    Gartland, Gannon, Hoban and Horgan I'm fairly sure will still be with us. Two months ago I would have said it was likely that Towell and Boyle would go but now I'm not so sure.
    I think with SOD back it will free up that pair could become more influential again.(Towell & Gannon).Horgan is flying and Garts is a monster at the back but just hasn't been finding range for goals from set-pieces lately. Well not as much as his his earlier season form anyhow.Hoban could go anywhere,i'm surprised nobody in England has picked him up tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well you said the pitch was worth extra points to us, Its clearly not since we have a better away record since it was installed

Its still a advantage.

no other team plays on that surface.

winning more matches away does not change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Cork City
    Great cross by Meenan for Hoban's goal v Bray. Has he (Meenan) been playing consistently well for Dundalk this season?
    I've seen him play a few times and he looked decent each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Pats fan here, hoping Cork City win it

Cork City
    Great cross by Meenan for Hoban's goal v Bray. Has he (Meenan) been playing consistently well for Dundalk this season?
    I've seen him play a few times and he looked decent each time.
    Meenan is an immense player for us.He was discarded by a few clubs because of his temperament,but once SK & the lads down here in Dundalk fired him up and got rid of that bad fire he has become some player.Great engine,strong in tackles.Some winger,pace to burn,haircut not so good!

Cork City
    Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Pats fan here, hoping Cork City win it

Dundalk fan here.Hoping Derry win the cup ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Gonna have to side with Cork on this one

Cork City
    750 more tickets to be sold in the morning for Dundalk fans. A temp stand will be built behind the Carrick Road end goals. Place is gonna be hopping on Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I voted for Cork in the Poll, but only because I had to choose one, But TBH I'm not really bothered either way, just hope it's a cracker of a game and there's no moaning about dodgy pitches or decisions afterwards.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Cork City
    Another 750 tickets go on sale in the morning.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/ticket-update-tuesday/

Dundalk FC will be releasing approximately 750 more tickets for sale on Wednesday morning at 9am.

A temporary stand will be constructed behind the Carrick Road end goal for Dundalk supporters only.
    •All of these tickets are full price €15 tickets. There are no concession tickets for this stand.
    •Tickets go on sale from the Oriel Park ticket office at 9am, Wednesday.
    •Tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis.
    •Tickets will be restricted to two tickets per person.
    •These tickets will only provide access to the temporary stand (Hiney Park Stand). These tickets will not allow for access to the Shed.
    •No tickets can be reserved over the phone and set aside for collection.
    •Proof of address and/or linquistic examination may be sought

[last condition is a pisstake, of course]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bitter little man its only football :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

B0eW_VQIEAA5AlM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Cork City
    Christ,

Can you imagine what he'll do if they don't win? Better stock up on petrol.

Cork City
    We'll claim him for now(Maxi) but "he's not really with us" and his tootat is tihs !

Cork City
    That would nearly make me cheer for Cork on Friday.

Whatever about the content, the quality of that tattoo is absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Cork City
    Whatever about the content, the quality of that tattoo is absolutely shocking.

The tattooist is from Cork. ;)

The tattooist is from Cork. ;)

1-0 to us already if thats the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Where do away fans drink in Dundalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

And there goes the title for Dundalk with that tat lol

Cork City
    gimmick wrote: »
    You mean before the game? If so they generally tend to go into Kennedy's Bar. It's directly across from the train station and less than a 5 minute walk to Oriel Park.

• Advertisement

Cork City
    gimmick wrote: »
    I done the Cork fans a post here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92695889&postcount=79

Dundalk fans are sound like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Cork City
    you forgot translation services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Cork City
    you forgot translation services.

Just bring a pen and paper. That way the locals can understand you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Since we came up to the Premier a few years back, We have more points on the road than we do in Oriel!

Dont let facts get in the way though

Quick calculations on your league matches since you've come back up :

Home 152 points
    Away 141 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Cork City
    Quick calculations on your league matches since you've come back up :

Home 152 points
    Away 141 points

What are Corks? Wouldn't most clubs home records be better than their aways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

doncarlos wrote: »

Should be yes! Especially when you've got a fake pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

doncarlos wrote: »

Yes but the reply was to a poster who said different.

Cork City
    Should be yes! Especially when you've got a fake pitch

Fake?
    That guy over there has a fake moustache.
    Fcuk that dude this guy beside me has a fake pitch on top of his head!!

and it's only Tuesday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pat's fan here. Shut your face.

Advertisement