Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to live if working in damastown industrial estate mulhuddart

Options
  • 20-10-2014 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Basically looking for the best place to live that's A. Handy for work and B.Nice Area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Probably best to ask in the Dublin 15 forum, but Tyrrelstown is within walking distance and is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I worked in damstown for nine months on a contract. I'd say Maybe half dozen folks were mugged on way to/from work during that time. Would rather drive in and out if working there.

Just out of interest, where did they walk, via Mulhuddart towards Mulhuddart Villlage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just out of interest, where did they walk, via Mulhuddart towards Mulhuddart Villlage ?

Probably onto Ladyswell Rd to get the bus which would be pointless when there are bus stops in Damastown itself.

It's funny because living beside Damastown I've never ever heard of a mugging here reported anywhere. Let alone 6 of them.

OP, depending on where you'll be working in Damastown it might be worth looking into living in Clonee/Ongar/Littlepace and walking/cycling to work. Castlecurragh and Warrenstown are walkable too, again, depending on where you'd be working or you could bus it from there to the further parts. Waterville has a bus route to the industrial estate too.

January wrote: »
    It's funny because living beside Damastown I've never ever heard of a mugging here reported anywhere. Let alone 6 of them.

That's what I was getting at. I train in the area because of the long hill out of Damastown towards Tyrrelstown and while it's fairly quiet and relatively isolated in general, I do meet many people dog walking and exercising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Hartstown huntstown clonsilla would be handy location

http://www.dublintourist.com/towns/blanchardstown/

Advertisement