Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1901 issues?

Options
  • 20-10-2014 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

So just called 1901 and its not working correctly. It takes ages then I get a tick tick tick tick sound then the usual voice recording then nothing or random bits of recorded msgs. Other calls go through and connect just fine.

Whats going on and is there an alternative number to call to check the status of a replacement phone that Eircom are supposed to be sending me or to complain as is more likely that nothing has been done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Same issues for me,also it just hangs up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

my3cents wrote: »
    So just called 1901 and its not working correctly. It takes ages then I get a tick tick tick tick sound then the usual voice recording then nothing or random bits of recorded msgs. Other calls go through and connect just fine.

Whats going on and is there an alternative number to call to check the status of a replacement phone that Eircom are supposed to be sending me or to complain as is more likely that nothing has been done.
    Sorry to hear this my3cents

There is a tick tock sound at the opening of the call at present and this may last for a few seconds however the normal options are then given to continue to get through to customer service. I also recommend webchat: http://bitly.com/95ze2C

You can also PM me your query and account details and I'll try to get back to you today.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tried again and after getting a msg saying that there is a problem with phone lines in the Cork and Waterford area and all engineers are working on it I now get the voice menu system but when I pick an option is just does nothing.

Sorry don't use bitly links so I'll go and find the web chat myself.

Tried again and after getting a msg saying that there is a problem with phone lines in the Cork and Waterford area and all engineers are working on it I now get the voice menu system but when I pick an option is just does nothing.

Sorry don't use bitly links so I'll go and find the web chat myself.
    Sorry for the delays you where experiencing, I hope you got through. 

The webchat link is http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Al 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thanks, it all sorted itself out around 4pm yesterday and I managed to get through to a helpful CS representative. Seems that either GLS lost the phone or didn't bother to deliver (sent 10 days ago) so another phone is being sent out again via the unreliable (in rural areas) GLS.

• Advertisement

Thanks, it all sorted itself out around 4pm yesterday and I managed to get through to a helpful CS representative. Seems that either GLS lost the phone or didn't bother to deliver (sent 10 days ago) so another phone is being sent out again via the unreliable (in rural areas) GLS.
    Thanks for letting me know my3cents

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, same problems today.
    Dials tone like it's an international call, then answers after 10 seconds goes into an engaged tone.

Not a good advertisement for a telecoms company:)

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi, same problems today.
    Dials tone like it's an international call, then answers after 10 seconds goes into an engaged tone.

Not a good advertisement for a telecoms company:)
    Apologies for the inconvenience created Bravobabe

We are aware of issues with calls routing to our customer care and support agents. Works are ongoing to have this resolved as soon as possible and. Thank you for your patience while we work to establishing normal service as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement