Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios8.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yes, on both.

Weird. Activation didn't instantly show up, I had to restart Messages. Once it did though, it popped up straight away on the iPhone.

Is your iPhone unlocked? Maybe try initiate a messages handoff between mac and iphone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Weird. Activation didn't instantly show up, I had to restart Messages. Once it did though, it popped up straight away on the iPhone.

Is your iPhone unlocked? Maybe try initiate a messages handoff between mac and iphone

Shouldn’t it pop up on the Mac?

Handoff isn’t supported by my Mac.

Can’t enabled SMS relay on my iPad either. Same problem. No code.

Shouldn’t it pop up on the Mac?

The initial activation prompt (with the number to enter) popped up on the mac after I restarted messages. Then the entry box popped up on the iPhone almost straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I switched to Tesco mobile last month and my 3G kept dropping to EDGE.
    Staying on 3G since update!
    Happy days.........so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The initial activation prompt (with the number to enter) popped up on the mac after I restarted messages. Then the entry box popped up on the iPhone almost straight away

I never got this. i had to go into message forwarding on the iPhone. It says a code has been sent to my Mac, but it doesn’t arrive.

• Advertisement

I never got this. i had to go into message forwarding on the iPhone. It says a code has been sent to my Mac, but it doesn’t arrive.

Try restart messages on the mac. Try start a new conversation to a non-iMessage number from the mac. Might trigger the prompt

I’ve tried all that, still nothing.

I dunno. Server problems maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Don't forget, if using a MacBook, to open Messages and tick the box beside your phone number.

Go to Messages in Settings, there appears to be a new toggle; Text Message Forward. I ticked MacBook Air and got my code right away.

Alright, i finally managed to get it working. An email address has to be enabled for iMessage. It won’t work if you only use your number. Once it’s working you can disable the email again. Silly bug.

• Advertisement

Alright, i finally managed to get it working. An email address has to be enabled for iMessage. It won’t work if you only use your number. Once it’s working you can disable the email again. Silly bug.

Did you try the Toggle I mentioned above? Wonder has it always been there?

naasrd wrote: »
    Did you try the Toggle I mentioned above? Wonder has it always been there?

That’s what I was doing. Repeatedly. But it didn’t work. No code was sent to either my Mac or iPad. iMessage kept opening on on my Mac - meaning it was receiving a push - but no code. Until I enabled an email address for sending/receiving iMessages, then it worked immediately.

Apple didn't fully beta test SMS relay, so I can forgive them for missing a few things.

That’s what I was doing. Repeatedly. But it didn’t work. No code was sent to either my Mac or iPad. iMessage kept opening on on my Mac - meaning it was receiving a push - but no code. Until I enabled an email address for sending/receiving iMessages, then it worked immediately.

Apple didn't fully beta test SMS relay, so I can forgive them for missing a few things.

Very odd. I got my code right away and it worked. Now it's stopped working. I'll try your fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Went fine OTA for my iPhone 6. iPad Air had very little storage, i deleted over 5GB of stuff before it actually let me install. Then the update started and the connect to iTunes message popped up :(

Currently restoring through iTunes, i've no idea what caused it to fail, same thing happened during the iOS 8 update, although that was done through iTunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ah. Finally.

Although if I turn off the email address it stops working.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Ah. Finally.

Although if I turn off the email address it stops working.

Yeah, actually you are right. You need to leave an email enabled.

There's no Apple Pay option for us, is there?

Yeah, actually you are right. You need to leave an email enabled.

You're being quoted as a fix on MacRumors right now!!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1805363&page=2

mad muffin wrote: »
    There's no Apple Pay option for us, is there?

Nope. Not even if you're signed in to a U.S. account. Wonder how they pulled that off

Anybody having any bugs with the App Store? It was fine when I first updated to iOS 8, but after a few days apps which I had updated through my Mac were showing in the App Store with an 'Open' beside them and the notification badge was still showing the update as available. iOS 8.0.2 and now 8.1 has failed to fix it, and i'm thinking its a server side fix.

Its really annoyed as it keeps showing updates as available when there are none, and the updates tab keeps showing apps I've already updated even though it just shows the 'Open' button. Haven't seen many complaints but its happening on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air.

• Advertisement

Nope. Not even if you're signed in to a U.S. account. Wonder how they pulled that off

They know where we live!

*shifty eyes* :pac:

I just noticed a peculiarity.

I have Australian English enabled. It used to say Airplane mode now it says Aeroplane mode :eek:

If you have British English, it's still Airplane mode. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Erasured

I thought I'd be able to setup Apple pay for online purchases, why would they pull it ?

Erasured wrote: »
    I thought I'd be able to setup Apple pay for online purchases, why would they pull it ?

US only, I was hoping for app support outside the US myself, but I think it's down to the banks side of things. They need to officially support it even for app purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

So far so good running 8.1 on my iPad air. Safari Is behaving itself and wifi appears to be more stable.
    Edit

This is a definite improvement. Much much better.

/edit

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Txt forwarding is pretty buggy. Randonly works for some messages not others and some conversation only shows sent side not received.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ParaDara

Anyone know when this will be available in Ireland? It says its released today but still no joy

It's available now - just checked and am about to download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My iPhone 5 hasn't been great since I installed iOS 8. Updated to 8.1 about an hour ago, and my phone definitely feels snappier since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How does backing up photos with iCloud work?

If I take a pic on my phone, should it be accessible on my Mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Your need to use the beta.icloud site to access the Photos app. I've been using iCloud Photo Library since 8.0.2 and it's been working flawlessly for me so far. You lose camera roll by turning it on though, not a problem for me as I prefer the way it was with iOS 8. Surprised Apple brought it back with today's update.

Advertisement