Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios8.1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This post has been deleted.

I was just on it earlier and no Photos app, switched to the beta site and it appeared. Always had it enabled too, so not sure if it's correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Well well... look what we found

5MdeUy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Has this update fixed the Bluetooth problems, anyone know??

Might leave it a few days before I install, after the last update I learned my lesson :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed it on an iPad 2 last night. Can't complain much since it's an old device. Turned it on this morning - neither Safari nor Chrome would open any websites (broadband was fine). Shut it down and restarted, stuck on Apple logo and went no further. Couldn't take it to work, will fix it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Erasured

Where did that show up challengemaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Erasured wrote: »
    Where did that show up challengemaster

You need to change your region to US. It doesn't matter though, you can't register non participating credit cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Upgraded to 8.1 without problems.

Just a question about the Health app.

I still don't see it pulling in data from other apps.

For example Nike Fuel.

I use Nike Plus Running App and I would expect that data to feed through but I can't find anyway to add it (Despite Nikefuel being an option).

Anybody got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It might be a good idea if people mention what device they're updating when they are posting. It'd give an idea of what's definitely a good idea to put this update on and what's best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone updated an iPhone 5?

Would be interested to know if it impacts performance. If it does I'm not going to update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone updated an iPhone 5?

Would be interested to know if it impacts performance. If it does I'm not going to update.
    BDJW wrote: »
    My iPhone 5 hasn't been great since I installed iOS 8. Updated to 8.1 about an hour ago, and my phone definitely feels snappier since

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

BDJW wrote: »
    :)

Duh. Didn't see that. It was hidden in plain sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Erasured

Hey murpho999, I think health is capable of taking data but nike+ hasn't been updated since ios8 came out, that needs to be done to make it compatible as far as my understanding goes....

Erasured wrote: »
    Hey murpho999, I think health is capable of taking data but nike+ hasn't been updated since ios8 came out, that needs to be done to make it compatible as far as my understanding goes....

Thanks, you would think all that would be in sync?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thanks, you would think all that would be in sync?

It's up to the app developers to update the apps to work with health kit. Nike is who you need to point the finger at

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Anyone using iphone5 know if this fixes the bug that keeps muting me during calls.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Withings apps deliver some data to HealthKit as do Garmins.

They both say that there are a lot of major bugs on Apple side for it to start working reliably/properly/usefully. Apples quality control procedures are absolutely rubbish these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hope it addresses spotlight index searching f*** up.

It's up to the app developers to update the apps to work with health kit. Nike is who you need to point the finger at

Yes, definitely.

I actually e-mailed Nike support today about another issue with their app and also asked about the health kit.

They amazingly responded within 30 minutes and solved my issue and also said the following:
    In regards to your question on the health app, there have been a few problems with joining the app but rest assured that soon the connection will be enabled and you will be able to see your fuel on the app.

I just find it strange that the Health App promotes Nike Fuel but Nike don't have the app ready.

Ok updated my 5s this morning and all was good.. Until I went to upload a pic to facebook and all the pics from the past few days aren't showing up :/ I give up :((

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ok updated my 5s this morning and all was good.. Until I went to upload a pic to facebook and all the pics from the past few days aren't showing up :/ I give up :((

Thats mad. 8.1 actually made the photo app better for me. got rid of the stupid recent album and put back in place the "Camera Roll" album.

have you checked in some of the other folders just incase?
    or is it possible you didnt back them up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dodzy wrote: »
    Hope it addresses spotlight index searching f*** up.
    Seems to have sorted it, thankfully

kceire wrote: »
    Thats mad. 8.1 actually made the photo app better for me. got rid of the stupid recent album and put back in place the "Camera Roll" album.

have you checked in some of the other folders just incase?
    or is it possible you didnt back them up?

All the pics are there and up to date in my photo app but when I go to upload a pic online, not just facebook, the last few days of pics are all missing..

Has anyone tested the Bluetooth to see if those issues have been sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,794 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Installed it on an iPad 2 last night. Can't complain much since it's an old device. Turned it on this morning - neither Safari nor Chrome would open any websites (broadband was fine). Shut it down and restarted, stuck on Apple logo and went no further. Couldn't take it to work, will fix it later.
    Any luck with this? I have the same issue with my iPad 3. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Has anyone noticed issues with YouTube? There are sync problems with most videos. Also, when you are watching a video in landscape, if you adjust the volume, the volume graphic is still in portrait. Who tests these things?

Anybody able to send SMS from other devices?

I have iPad also updated to 8.1 and I cannot send texts despite it notifying me I could.

Does it need to be on Personal hotspot or same wifi network?

Same wifi network, logged into same iCloud account on both devices.

Check settings > Messages. There's a section for text message forwarding, you should be able to set it up via there.

Same wifi network, logged into same iCloud account on both devices.

Check settings > Messages. There's a section for text message forwarding, you should be able to set it up via there.

Thank you.

I was on the same wifi but on my phone in settings I had not enabled "text message forwarding".

As soon as I did, a code popped up on the iPad that I had to copy into the phone and then it worked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Any luck with this? I have the same issue with my iPad 3. :(

Came home and it was there waiting for the passcode. I had intended to come home and shut it down, reset. Seems fine since, though I'll keep an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Anybody able to send SMS from other devices?

I have iPad also updated to 8.1 and I cannot send texts despite it notifying me I could.

Does it need to be on Personal hotspot or same wifi network?

Sending SMS and making/ receiving calls no problem on MacBook Pro.

Needs to be on the same WiFi network.

EDIT: Just saw you got sorted.

Advertisement