Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Ios8.1

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I updated to ios 8.1 on my ipad 3. Safari is a little bit faster than it was on ios 8,it's not a patch on the heady days on ios 6x when it just to zip along without a single stall.
    On the whole I'm disappointed but I'd say go for it if you're thinking of trying out ios8.1 if you're on 8. If you're on 7 stay where you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to second that post, I'd have stayed on ios 7 if I knew how dodgy ios 8 was going to be. 8.1 has sorted a few of the issues, but in think my next tablet will be either Windows or Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I'm on 8.1 was a 5S and my wifi on the phone is shockingly slow. Safari and Twitter (especially loading images) are hanging a lot. I often switch my wifi off because 3G is a lot faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Few issues I've been having with the latest update:

- safari has to reload pages a lot
    - safari stalls completely and needs to reload
    - unlock my phone and find the orientation is wrong
    - wi-fi can be a little dodgy, no problems before the update, nothing major since
    - keyboard doesn't show up sometimes
    - nearly all videos I watch (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc) get to about 30 seconds then take ages to load or just keep going 0:31, 0:32, 0:33, 0:34 and then back to 0:30 and just get stuck there.

A little side note on the keyboard - am I the only one who goes to search something online and instead of typing "local football results" you type "local.football.results" because the space bar is made very small and where I'd usually hit the space bar is where the "." is.

Jofspring wrote: »
    A little side note on the keyboard - am I the only one who goes to search something online and instead of typing "local football results" you type "local.football.results" because the space bar is made very small and where I'd usually hit the space bar is where the "." is.
    Happens to me all the time, even before iOS 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

- wi-fi can be a little dodgy, no problems before the update, nothing major since
    - nearly all videos I watch (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc) get to about 30 seconds then take ages to load or just keep going 0:31, 0:32, 0:33, 0:34 and then back to 0:30 and just get stuck there.

I'm having the same youtube issues also having problems when listening to music via the music app I go to load a page in safari and the music stops. I am really disappointed with iOS 8 and surprised that Apple released such a buggy iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Noticed the same. Especially with the space bar issue, driving me ****ing insane.

Another thing is when I'm in landscape mode in YouTube or any other app for that matter. When I get a notification it switches back to portrait and does something weird and doesn't switch back. Sometimes I have to move the phone twice to get it back to the way it was.

Not happy with iOS 8 at all to be honest. I am a massive Apple fan (or Fanboy as some of you may call), but I feel they have let themselves down on this one.

Using the 6 Plus at the moment. No idea if some of the problems mentioned above exist on the 6.?

Advertisement