Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching to Android (Recommendations)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just out of interest what do you find the Play Store lacks in comparison to Apple Store?

Just to clarify also you don't need a Google+ account to use all of Androids goodies. A Google+ account is not required for someone to use an Android device. You are most likely to get the best experience if you have a Google account and a G+ profile but just a Google account would do also. Most people who use them will have a Google+ profile, but there will be some who do not.

Only seeing this now - Content, really, ease of navigation - I prefer the iOS app store's layout. Google's seems ... messy in comparison, I don't know, just not used to it maybe?

The selection regarding games at least, is poorer too. I've never seen so many 'hidden object' games in one place. You play one of those, you've played them all! And it seems well behind on new releases. The App;e app store updates weekly, there's always a bunch of new games and apps to whet your appetite. Not finding that with Google tbh. Where else should I be looking to?

I had a G+ account already, just tried it when it came about first. At least I have some reason to use it :D

Advertisement