Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Nikon fit) Wide Angle or Zoom lens recommendation

Options
  • 20-10-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have a Nikon D5100 (so 1.5 crop factor), the kit 18-55mm lens, and a 50mm Nikon lens (1.8 I think).

I found myself switching to the 18-55 instead of my 50mm because I needed wider angles in my shots. I do some landscape, street and fashion photography, and interior design. Quite interested in indoor low light (aren't we all..).

So do I go for a wide angle lens, and if so which do I get? Budget is >€600. If there's too much distortion there's not much point in it, don't mind second hand.

Or do I go for a zoom lens?

Some lenses that I've researched, like 10-24, might be a bit extreme (I'd need to test them) but if I even got recommendations for decent ones I could work from there.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

When I was shooting on a cropped sensor I really liked my Sigma 10-20.

Advertisement