Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Conveyancing

Options
  • 20-10-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Myself and my husband went 'Sale Agreed' last Friday on buying our first home. We are waiting for the contracts of the house sale to be prepared and sent to our solicitor. We are not waiting on a loan cheque we are cash buyers (great value property), we're certainly not loaded. But I am in a hurry to move out of our rented accommodation as I hate it and am wondering when I should expect the contracts to get to our solicitor. The house we are buying was willed to the vendor and is unoccupied. Any advice would be helpful, I just dont want to get gazumped as this was a complete steal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭spin777

Expect to wait four to six weeks while the comtracts are issued, signed and counter signed. It could take three months. You can sign "subject" to vacant possession therefore it'll reduce the risk of being gazumped while the property is being vacated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maryaisling1

Thank you for your advice. We know the seller was in a hurry to sell up so we imagine that they would have their end of paperwork tied up. Hopefully this is happen promptly, would love to be in our home before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We recently bought a house that was an executor sale. It took 7 weeks from going sale agreed to getting the keys in our hand - the vendors were eager to sell and both sides were organised and ready to go. It would have been 4 weeks if we had not drawn down a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maryaisling1

Wow, that sounds swift! We were told that we should be in the house for Christmas so I am banking on that. Thank you so much for your advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Wow, that sounds swift! We were told that we should be in the house for Christmas so I am banking on that. Thank you so much for your advice!
    We went from sale agreed to keys in hand in 6 weeks. In our case there was a 2 week delay as vendor was on holidays :)

My only advice would be to stay on top of everything and keeping reminding them of deadlines and agree timelines. Soliciotors, banks ( ensure you have arranged cash trf as online limit is around €5k) estate agents, surveyors......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Markcheese

" so we imagine that they would have their end of paperwork tied up. "

Ha, heard that before, doesn't allways go that way... ( the cynic in me hopes that both your solictor and theirs is female,usually things happen swifter.. Less golf maybe)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement