Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eviction notice - help needed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Hmm...33 days since introducing the op to the property? I guess there's a possibility - but then the LL doesn't have to go making anything up if that's the reason - it's perfectly legitimate.

33 days after obviously deciding upon the current market rate? I guess it's possible but I'm sure you will agree, it's unlikely.

I guess that's much more likely. However, 'untidiness' is unlikely to motivate a rational landlord to go through the pain of an eviction & reletting process ...not 'untidyness' as most people would understand the term, unless............

Thanks for the step by step deconstruction of my post - my point is (and it's my fault I should probably have been clearer) is that there could be any reason. We don't know this (as is often the case in these threads) as due to the nature of forums we only get one side.

I agree, It doesn't sound great tho and in truth the full story is probably a combination of all the op's points as well some other LL issues. Its now escalated to threats of eviction and there is probably no way for this tenancy to continue amicably.

Off topic part of post:
    All that is left now is a protracted boards.ie thread with some passive aggressive posts concerning LL vs Tenants rights, with some meandering common off topic themes thrown in for good measure..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

km991148 wrote: »
    my point is (and it's my fault I should probably have been clearer) is that there could be any reason. We don't know this (as is often the case in these threads) as due to the nature of forums we only get one side.
    I agree completely as tenants don't get evicted for 'untidy' rooms (if we take 'untidy' to mean what it means for the majority of people).
    km991148 wrote: »
    Off topic part of post:
    All that is left now is a protracted boards.ie thread with some passive aggressive posts concerning LL vs Tenants rights, with some meandering common off topic themes thrown in for good measure..
    Such is the way of threads of this nature on boards. Contrasting polarised views remain exactly that.:P

Advertisement