Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Milk Heater/Frother

• 20-10-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭

Seen this and was hoping for a bit of advise.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-23-october/products-detail-page/ps/p/milk-heaterfrother-1/

I have been using an aeropress along with a Breville smart grinder for years now. And Lavazza beans of the shelf in Tesco.

I have been heating my milk with the microwave . I enjoy the results to be honest. I get up looking forward to my coffee each day.

I have a bit of a routine going. But I was thinking of upsetting it with the frother from aldi.

Are they any good? Will it finish by the time my toast pops . Are they a pain to wash out?

I was using a gaggia cubica steamer for a long time before, but it was just to time consuming in the morn. The aeropress is way better.
    W43_PD_Thursday_New_UL14a_1ce142e553.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I heat the milk in the jug part of the cafetiere in the microwave, then froth it with the plunger of the cafetiere!
    Easy to clean up and very quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Ohh. never thought of that. Trying as we speak

I went ahead and bought it as I only have a large French press.

Mixed results.

I had full fat Avonmore super milk in the fridge. I was really disappointed with the results and though the machine was faulty.

I nipped out and got 500ml Supervalu low fat milk and some skimmed milk.

Works quite well with the low fat brand. Heated the milk perfectly and a nice foam head. No where near steamed quality , but will do me I think.

Latte art is impossible as the foam slides out in one big blob after the liquid is poured.

Might take it back, but will give it a weeks use first.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

I went ahead and bought it as I only have a large French press.

Mixed results.

I had full fat Avonmore super milk in the fridge. I was really disappointed with the results and though the machine was faulty.

I nipped out and got 500ml Supervalu low fat milk and some skimmed milk.

Works quite well with the low fat brand. Heated the milk perfectly and a nice foam head. No where near steamed quality , but will do me I think.

Latte art is impossible as the foam slides out in one big blob after the liquid is poured.

Might take it back, but will give it a weeks use first.

We have an Illy milk frother which is similar design. One thing I've noticed that you need to pour the milk immediately when the machine has finished heating/froothing. If you even leave it for a few seconds then the foam starts to turn into a big blob.

Yeah. I am finding that also. It needs a helping hand with a spoon to get it in the mug. I find that putting into another cold cycle helps keep it nice while pressing the coffee.

But still. Its better than the microwave .

Im keeping it as I have found that Premier light milk come up really nice in mine now.

Nice alternative to preheating a steamer. Never as good though as a steamer though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

Seems to be the same components as the official Nespresso one, might be from the same manufacturer, bought one and it works well, Aeropress + Lavazza ORO and this makes a nice cappuccino, a lot better than I get out of a Bewley's machine anyway, not that that's a very high standard or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How much were these frothers selling for out of interest, its gone off their website now

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

€25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got one of these and finding it only slightly heats the milk . Frothing part is fine (depending on milk used) but its still almost cold milk heat wise and then refuses to re-heat unless washed out with cold water .

god's toy wrote: »
    Got one of these and finding it only slightly heats the milk . Frothing part is fine (depending on milk used) but its still almost cold milk heat wise and then refuses to re-heat unless washed out with cold water .

I also am finding faults. Most of the time it will not froth at all, no matter what milk I use. The motor labours to work some days, other days its fine.

Its heats it up perfectly though.

Aldi junk. I guess one get what one pays for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dillonmr

a friend of mine heats the milk on the stove and sticks it into a old school thermos flask and gives it a shake, in all fairness it actually does a fairly decent job. rather my Silvia myself

Advertisement